Wii #2378 - Doctor Who: Return to Earth (Europe)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Joined
Oct 12, 2004
Messages
16,991
Trophies
3
Age
43
XP
5,054
Country
United States
reviews have been horrendous. Usually its best to try a game first but in this case I say avoid like the plague.

QUOTE said:
Clearly made by people who hate games, sci-fi, and everything decent about humanity.
Bad graphics and animation
Terrible story, dialogue, acting
Abysmal platforming, puzzles
Reprehensible abuse of trust
There are no good things

Just look at the cover! It screams a lack of effort.
 

Youkai

Demon
Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2004
Messages
2,554
Trophies
2
Age
36
Location
Germany , NRW
XP
2,480
Country
Germany
Well I am a very big Dr. Who fan BUT I already didn't like the PC game and that Card game for Wii ... sadly I couldn't find any gameplay trailer yet but I hope this will not dissapoint me as much as the other games.

Gaydrian said:
reviews have been horrendous. Usually its best to try a game first but in this case I say avoid like the plague.

QUOTE said:
Clearly made by people who hate games, sci-fi, and everything decent about humanity.
Bad graphics and animation
Terrible story, dialogue, acting
Abysmal platforming, puzzles
Reprehensible abuse of trust
There are no good things

Just look at the cover! It screams a lack of effort.

Well there is one good thing ... the cover looks nice ^^
 

signz

Timelord
Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Messages
2,120
Trophies
1
Age
36
XP
1,238
Country
Germany
Now I wonder where the DS game "Doctor Who Evacuation Earth" is... EU should have come out on 12th November, AU one on 25th November...
I love Doctor Who as well and hope both Return to and Evacuation Earth are good..
 

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Joined
Oct 12, 2004
Messages
16,991
Trophies
3
Age
43
XP
5,054
Country
United States
The DS one is supposed to be a lot better though nothing more than "Professor Layton light". Both of these games have been out here since last Friday, well in Sainsburys anyway which is where I saw them.

I'll try that one but this I wont waste a moment on. Shame that the free PC games are supposed to be better.
 

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2008
Messages
1,329
Trophies
0
Age
29
Website
Visit site
XP
1,180
Country
Norway
Lol. Was sure this was Donkey Kong Country Returns, because I just read "Do......".
tongue.gif


Anyways, this game doesnt look so good. To bad for you Dr. Who fans.
frown.gif
 

Social0

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
533
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
154
Country
Belgium
Delta517 said:
Lol. Was sure this was Donkey Kong Country Returns, because I just read "Do......".
tongue.gif


Anyways, this game doesnt look so good. To bad for you Dr. Who fans.
frown.gif

Haha, I bet the next game will be Donkey... and Puss in Boots party minigame adventure...
 

Shinigami Kiba

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2007
Messages
620
Trophies
1
Age
40
XP
636
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
I saw the D as I was scrolling down and my heart skipped a bit thinking it's DKCR, then I saw it was Doctor Who and said to myself "Doctor Who has so much potential for an awesome game but we'll never see one"

I won't even bother with this one, I LOVE Doctor Who but we'd know if they were making a quality Doctor Who game, this is just random shovelware I didn't even know was coming out.
 

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,331
Trophies
1
Age
52
Location
Ya Cant Get There From Here
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
3,098
Country
United States
Shinigami Kiba said:
I saw the D as I was scrolling down and my heart skipped a bit thinking it's DKCR, then I saw it was Doctor Who and said to myself "Doctor Who has so much potential for an awesome game but we'll never see one"

I won't even bother with this one, I LOVE Doctor Who but we'd know if they were making a quality Doctor Who game, this is just random shovelware I didn't even know was coming out.

yup, there hasnt been a decent Dr Who game since the old Macintosh 'Daleks' game =p
 

luckwii

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2010
Messages
388
Trophies
0
XP
179
Country
United States
I don't get it. Why the heck do the darn Brits get this first.

Just kidding.

Been watching Dr. Who since I was a kid. An NTSC release would be cool to see soon.

Anyone remember the episode in the 80s where all the Doctors came together? Anyone know what it was called?
 

richy

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
97
Trophies
1
XP
225
Country
I think a Red Dwarf game would have to be a very dialogue heavy adventure game in the style of Monkey Island to have even a slim chance of being any good. But let's face it, never gonna happen.

I think this is something like the 8th Doctor Who game now (I think the first was on the BBC/Acorn Electron) and I don't think there's ever been a half-decent one. Shame really but I'm not holding my breath for a developer to ever come up with much more than either shooting Daleks or zapping crystals with a Wii remote.

One where you actually travelled in time a bit and your choices could affect the environment/gameplay would be good but I don't think anyone's ever going to spend too much time on gameplay for a Doctor Who game. As one review pretty much said, why bother spending time on things like that when the name alone is pretty much a licence to print money? It'll sell enough anyway.
 

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Joined
Oct 12, 2004
Messages
16,991
Trophies
3
Age
43
XP
5,054
Country
United States
Bayliss79 said:
didn't think ppl in the states would be interested in doctor who and red dwarf have these shows aired over there?
Yeah and they have a good amount of viewers for its time slot, the fact its not American and not advertised.

Also there was a decent enough Doctor Who and the Mines of Terror (or something) on C64/Amstrad.
 

luckwii

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2010
Messages
388
Trophies
0
XP
179
Country
United States
Bayliss79 said:
didn't think ppl in the states would be interested in doctor who and red dwarf have these shows aired over there?


Heck yeah. Dr. Who was always on PBS (public television). Granted, I don't know what the following is now, but in the 80s it was pretty popular. I think it appealed to the Star Trek crowd. I would imagine there would still be interest here for the video game. I mean IMO gamers and sci-fi kind of go hand in hand, don't they?
 

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HUNTERFOX @ HUNTERFOX: Gn fr