Wii #2065 - Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Europe)

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Alex666 said:
monkat said:
Dusseldorf > Nuremberg on name alone. The only city in Deutschland that I know

That was rude! dusseldorf sucks monkey balls xD been there once.. never ever again! its like dirty as hell up there!

nuremberg all the way =D and one should know nuremberg for the trials of nuremberg?! guess so
smile.gif

on topic: well just to not get deleted my post: great game played the us version, can only recommend this one
wink.gif

Köln all the way!!!Düsseldorf...never heard of it
rolleyes.gif

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
taktularCBo said:
ChuckBartowski said:
taktularCBo said:
ChuckBartowski said:
taktularCBo said:
Oh my god! thank thank thank you LoCAL
Why didnt you get NTSC?

Because Im using WODE in my first wii and the d2sun Fusion in the second and as you might know mod-chips don't let you play games from another region with 4.2
Couldnt you use something like Priiloader or Startpatch to go region free?

I don't know what this is and I suppose it means that I need to install something on my wii...right?
Well, I had to wait 2 weeks now, its ok...because the game is really great =)

Well, I only play PAL games on my wii. Why? Because I fell sager that way, call me a maniac...
closedeyes.gif

fudgi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
taktularCBo said:
Alex666 said:
monkat said:
Dusseldorf > Nuremberg on name alone. The only city in Deutschland that I know

That was rude! dusseldorf sucks monkey balls xD been there once.. never ever again! its like dirty as hell up there!

nuremberg all the way =D and one should know nuremberg for the trials of nuremberg?! guess so
smile.gif

on topic: well just to not get deleted my post: great game played the us version, can only recommend this one
wink.gif

Köln all the way!!!Düsseldorf...never heard of it
rolleyes.gif
hehe so true, köln rocks ;P

fudgi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok to answer the savefile question (especially for the german fellows) yes its compatible, just tried it out
smile.gif

Toastbrot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
fudgi said:
ok to answer the savefile question (especially for the german fellows) yes its compatible, just tried it out
smile.gif

are you sure? just started the pal version for the first time and it doesn't recognize my ntsc savestate.
frown.gif

how did you achive it?

AWESOME_noob

Trophies
XP
Country
If you like this game then BUY IT! Yes im talking to YOU!
mad.gif
Reading this whilst downloading the game in the background you dirty thief... Hope ur Wii breaks down when you put the pirate game in it!

/rant over.. oh! i think my d/l has just finished
blush.gif

Sonikku

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Any new IOS's that I need to play this game? The last time I installed new IOS's was to be able to play New Super Mario Bros. After that game, I didn't touch my wii anymore.

Bairoku

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Toastbrot said:
ust started the pal version for the first time and it doesn't recognize my ntsc savestate.
frown.gif
Of course not. You can never combine savegames and games with different regions.
You can convert it by using "FE100". Just google it, I'm sure, you'll find a tutorial =)

fudgi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Toastbrot said:
fudgi said:
smile.gif

are you sure? just started the pal version for the first time and it doesn't recognize my ntsc savestate.
frown.gif

how did you achive it?
ok you need the FE 100 program, which also includes Xyzzy an app for hbc which you will run first, it will create a keys.txt which you will need later then you have to go to your wii options and copy a savefile from wii to sd (doesnt matter which one, i took the twilight princess save file). In this FE 100 package is a program called Key Grabber.exe, which youll run.
First you have to click on „Get stuff from Interwebz“ then 3 lines should be filled out.
Next you click on "Get stuff from a savefile“ and search for your data.bin save file which is in SD:\private\wii\title\RZDE (RZDE is the ID of twilight princess here, if you choose another game its the id of that game you have to look in).
When youve done that click on „Get stuff from xyzzy key dump or nand backup“ and choose your keys.txt which is on the root of your SD Card (which youve gotten by using Xyzyy).
Now all lines should be filled out and you can click on "Make me happy".

EDIT: I should add that this procedure only needs to be done once, in case you wanna try this with other games as well.
So again, the procedure above only needs to be done once. You just need to do the steps beneath for further games.

Now your are able to pack and unpack every save game file.
So now copy your Super Mario Galaxy 2 save game file to your sd card you will find it in SD:\private\wii\title\SB4E.
After that you run FE100.exe on your computer and browse your Super Mario Galaxy 2 save file (line 1). then hit the button unpack it. You will find a new folder in your FE100 Folder called "0001000053423445".
The last 2 digits indicate that the save file is NTSC you just have to rename it to "0001000053423450" since 50 stands for PAL.
Now go to FE100.exe again and browse your "Unpacked Savefile folder" (second line) which is (in this case) "0001000053423450" now. and hit the "pack savefile button.
Now a new data.bin has been created in your FE100 folder.
Next create a new folder on your sd card in SD:\private\wii\title which is called SB4P and put your new data.bin in this folder. You might want to move the SB4E folder onto your pc, because it could be confusing if you see 2 Super Mario Galaxy 2 Save files.
In order for the savefile to work you need to have played the PAL version once for it to create the save file.
Then you go to the Wii options again and delete the PAL savefile from your wii.
Afterwards you copy over the newly created PAL savefile over to your wii from your SD card.
Everything should be as it was with your NTSC game.

EDIT: You might want to Consider that the folder names will vary for other games and only the last 2 digits are probably the same (I cant confirm that). You also might want to have a look inside the folder. Sometimes there is a file in it with the ID of a game. So you need to change that into the ID of the other regions game. And this doesnt work for all games, but for alot it does.

Hope it wasnt too confusing. The text is long but the procedure is very easy
smile.gif

Toastbrot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hmm i'm a bit confused because my US savestate is in a folder called SB4E ... !?
And when i unpack it, it's 0001000053423445.
On the other hand, the new pal savestate i created with the game is SB4P (unpacked XXXXXXXX50). Im confused now?

fudgi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Toastbrot said:
hmm i'm a bit confused because my US savestate is in a folder called SB4E ... !?
And when i unpack it, it's 0001000053423445.
On the other hand, the new pal savestate i created with the game is SB4P (unpacked XXXXXXXX50). Im confused now?

sorry my mistake its exactly the other way around, i edited my post

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1