heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
screenshot252748thumb30.jpg

Nintendo development legend Shigeru Miyamoto has admitted that a successor to the Wii is in production.

Speaking to Edge, the Mario creator was quizzed on Wii 2 and pressed for details.

"Don't ask!" he said. "Even when the Wii launched we were developing new hardware, work on 3DS had already started. It's a matter of when we announce it."

When asked if we can expect an announcement at E3 in June, Miyamoto said: "Please wait. Be patient until we decide."[/p]

Source

Well this has just won me over, I believe the wii successor may well be on its way.
yaywii.gif

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
lol, as Miyamoto said multiple times, as a video console and games company, Nintendo is researching and developing new hardware all the time. Nothing special about that.

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shinkukage09 said:
That's not admitting anything. He's saying "Wait until we decide whether it's god enough to show at E3" this year...
errr he didn't exactly say no nor said no comment. Instead goes on to say please wait when questioned. If that isn't hinting at a wii 2 then I don't know what is. With all those rumours going around I couldn't take their word for it but now seeing this speach makes me think otherwise.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's obvious Nintendo was working on something....

It's not like they're just going to drop out of the console wars when they're making so much money.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I love how Nintendo has told Miyamoto to stop talking about stuff and whatnot, yet everybody tries to squeeze shit out of him. This doesn't confirm anything. He's in no position to even talk about the Wii2.

And besides, anybody who doesn't think it's coming relatively soon is wrong. Every company always starts planning for their next console months after their newest console just launched.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
...what are you expecting to hear on E3? That Nintendo officialy ceases any involvement in video games and shall now move on to buying all the gold there is on the world and re-building the Atlantis from scratch?

Of course they worked on a new console. Every company in the whole wide world researches and develops next gens right after or even before current gens are released.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
...what are you expecting to hear on E3? That Nintendo officialy ceases any involvement in video games and shall now move on to buying all the gold there is on the world and re-building the Atlantis from scratch?

Of course they worked on a new console. Every company in the whole wide world researches and develops next gens right after or even before current gens are released.
Actually if they did rebuild Atlantis I doubt anyone would complain...and wii 2 is pretty much confirmed....but some of the rumors are false

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Just found this on GoNintendo:
QUOTE said:
The following information comes from Sam Kennedy on the 1up Oddcast...

- “there won’t be friend codes on the new console. ...I think Nintendo has learnt their lesson there.”
- Mr. Kennedy says that he is sure of this
- Project Cafe is "Not just like a new controller"
- more to the system than simply a new input device
- Project Cafe will have a “Wii vibe” and high definition graphics, ”plus something”
- Nintendo fans will be like “wow”
Wow, I say too!

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
It is not newsworthy that Nintendo is planning a successor console to the Wii. It is as equally as absurd to say it is newsworthy that Nintendo will make another console after the successor to the Wii.

It is not newsworthy that a new Nintendo console would come out six years after the Wii. That would be six years which is the norm.

News? What news? There is no news here. Most of this is old information.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-