Wii #1615 - A Boy and His Blob (USA)

rolandpibb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Vater Unser said:
Raylene2K7 said:
I hated this game back in the 90's on the Gameboy ...
gfs_70479_1_1_thm.jpg
gfs_70479_2_1_thm.jpg
gfs_70479_2_18_thm.jpg
I played that one extensively, too...It had many great puzzles, but the countless flaws would make you go nuts before you could ever get into the game...You had to spend hours on trial&error before you could even attempt to beat the game, and most of the time you were out of beans before you could make it far enough...
I guess the NES version suffered from similar flaws, but at least the graphics weren't so depressing.

Looking forward to the Wii version very much, though.

The original was great. I was blown away by the cool NES graphics back then. If I remember correctly, I tried dozens of times to get him out of the cage right at the end. I finally gave up and said "here, take any old stupid jelly bean then!" and it turned out to be the right one. Really looking forwared to this one too.

Jojounin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a problem with this game
sad.gif

I use the Backup Loader 0.3 Gamma, so I tried to patch the ISO with IOS Patcher 1.1, and when I drag the ISO into the exe file I'm getting an error message - "ERROR: Couldn't get ISO information!", so I can't patch the game.

So I tried to just burn the game as it is, and whenever I use the Backup Loader 0.3 Gamma or Neogamma 6 I get the #001 error.

Could anyone help me solve this issue?

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try to use another patcher ? (like "Generic Wii Patcher 1.2" for example).

Or check the name of your iso, the patcher probably don't like more than 8 characters filename if it's a dos-based patcher.

For "Generic Wii Patcher", first you have to extract the "main.dol" file of the iso with "Trucha Signer" or something like that, there are probably a lot of tutorials on the web.

grubbymitts

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jojounin said:
sad.gif

I use the Backup Loader 0.3 Gamma, so I tried to patch the ISO with IOS Patcher 1.1, and when I drag the ISO into the exe file I'm getting an error message - "ERROR: Couldn't get ISO information!", so I can't patch the game.

So I tried to just burn the game as it is, and whenever I use the Backup Loader 0.3 Gamma or Neogamma 6 I get the #001 error.

Use CIOS14 and any Neogamma from 4 and it works. I had the same problem but was using CIOS13.

Oisterboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone look at their backed up disc for me?

Mine is really odd...its not solidly burnt like every other game I have, it has a ring in the middle where nothing burned. I'm hoping I don't get to the middle of the game and have it give out on me. I can post pics if need be.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
davhuit said:
Try to use another patcher ? (like "Generic Wii Patcher 1.2" for example).

Or check the name of your iso, the patcher probably don't like more than 8 characters filename if it's a dos-based patcher.

For "Generic Wii Patcher", first you have to extract the "main.dol" file of the iso with "Trucha Signer" or something like that, there are probably a lot of tutorials on the web.

GenericWiiPatcher isn't detecting error #001 nor #002 for this game, it's the new 002fix which is needed (the "anti" fix).

IOS patcher returns the same error to me too.
So, if you want to patch the needed IOS :
1 - use Wiiscrubber, and extract the partition1/partition.bin/tmd.bin (not the main.dol) (Trucha can't replace tmd.bin)
hexedit the tmd.bin, and replace offset 395 (or search for 0000000100000035) from 35 to 24 (IOS36), save and replace it in the iso.

or

2 - use Dop-IOS to install IOS53.

Preacher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gah! Nobody on the planet seems to have the problem I'm having... After I find the Blob and come back to the hideout the game freezes after I climb up the blob+ladder.

I'm on the latest Usbloader GX (r792), does it have issues?

Jojounin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
grubbymitts said:
Jojounin said:
sad.gif

Use CIOS14 and any Neogamma from 4 and it works. I had the same problem but was using CIOS13.

Thank you! now it works
biggrin.gif

Why2K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this is the correct place to ask but....

Can anyone make an Ocarina code for a Boy and His Blob, so people can use the D-PAD instead of the analog stick when using the classic controller.

Why did they use the d-pad as separate buttons? I don't understand why they duplicated the 4 main buttons onto the 4 shoulder buttons. Instead of using up the shoulder buttons as duplicates they should've just put the d-pad button functions onto the shoulder buttons instead. It seems like a waste of 4 buttons.

2D games should let you use the d-pad.

unpaiktable

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Preacher said:
Gah! Nobody on the planet seems to have the problem I'm having... After I find the Blob and come back to the hideout the game freezes after I climb up the blob+ladder.

I also had the same problem. I have a PAL Wii 4.1, I am using configurable loader, and I enable 002 fix and FORCE PAL60 and it works great. Hope this helps.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I love this game. It has all the love and detail that beautiful japanese animation films have. The gameplay is fun and the treasure searching together with the hand drawn art reminds me a bit of Wario Shake. But the atmosphere (with fireflies and all) and detail makes this one of the most precious gems of 2009. I adore it.

AdamTheZombie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, i dont know if anybody has had this problem... i was getting error number 002 so i updated to cios38 rev 14 and downloaded neogamma. i get past error 002 now but i get a game could not be read error. i have a ntsc system and the us copy of the game. are there options or settings i should try or other ios packs i should download.

thanks guys i have been forward to this game forever

Preacher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
unpaiktable said:
Preacher said:

I also had the same problem. I have a PAL Wii 4.1, I am using configurable loader, and I enable 002 fix and FORCE PAL60 and it works great. Hope this helps.

I don't know if they made a fix with the latest USB loader GX (r294) or if it was force pal60 that did it, but you deserve thanks anyway... I'm gonna go back to enjoying the game now.
smile.gif

SlimJimGuyMan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preacher said:

I'm on an NTSC Wii running 4.0U and I had the same problem. 002 fix has to be on and also IOS has to be set to 222. No other changes were necessary.

Last edited by SlimJimGuyMan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1