Wii #1357 - Arc Rise Fantasia (Japan)

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
MadWorld is not 16:9, it's just a damn bad PAL-port by Sega with PAL-bars like in the 90's. That's very poor work by Sega.

But there are indeed games that are 16:9 only, it's not just 360 and PS3 it's on the Wii too.

Matrix21

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow. Great looking game, just what I need for the Wii. Almost impossible for me to play it in Japanese though.
frown.gif

Raylene2K7 said:
US-version will be out on november 16th 2009.

Oh and btw - a way to "THANK" the developers for the game is not to pirate but to BUY the game!

Have you got a link for that info? I really want to purchase this game in English. Thanks.

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Matrix21 said:
Wow. Great looking game, just what I need for the Wii. Almost impossible for me to play it in Japanese though.
frown.gif

Raylene2K7 said:

Oh and btw - a way to "THANK" the developers for the game is not to pirate but to BUY the game!

Have you got a link for that info? I really want to purchase this game in English. Thanks.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/data/949770.html

Sorakun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I hate having to ask this question, but how can I get this game to be displayed in color (instead of black-and-white) on my EU PAL Wii?
My search regarding this topic only turned up Trucha Signing, which to my knowledge doesn't work anymore.
I was under the impression, J-Region games had PAL but noooo, it's NTSC... Carp.

Anyway, my thoughts on the game:
The opening sequence and the AP based Battle System immediately reminded me of Skies of Arcadia.
VA sounds really nice too. Too bad I don't understand that much Japanese yet...
Can't wait for the US release. (Although it's NTSC again... Stupid NTSC-incompatible TV!)

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Sorakun said:
I hate having to ask this question, but how can I get this game to be displayed in color (instead of black-and-white) on my EU PAL Wii?
My search regarding this topic only turned up Trucha Signing, which to my knowledge doesn't work anymore.
I was under the impression, J-Region games had PAL but noooo, it's NTSC... Carp.

Anyway, my thoughts on the game:
The opening sequence and the AP based Battle System immediately reminded me of Skies of Arcadia.
VA sounds really nice too. Too bad I don't understand that much Japanese yet...
Can't wait for the US release. (Although it's NTSC again... Stupid NTSC-incompatible TV!)
How old is your TV? What cable did you hook up with (Cinch, RGB, YUV) ?
Seems like your TV doesn't support NTSC because even the crappy Cinch-cable should bring you color.
Japan always had NTSC, i don't know why you thought there would be PAL.

I like the game although the graphics are really bad, game looks like an early PS2 game and not even close to a standard quality GameCube game.
I love the fact that it's a turn based RPG's like the old school Final Fantasy games.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EvanUnisil said:
Raiyu245 said:
I can finally legitimately own this game on my Wii. Thank you God. I don't know how I can repay you.

Is that supposed to be funny? Or are you trying to be cool? I can't tell. It doesn't really matter though because no matter which way you put it what you just did is fucking stupid and not funny in the least. Are you making fun of the developers for working hard on something that you won't be spending money on? Or are you poking fun at the fact that you don't own any game "legitimately" for the Wii?

Either way I recommend you don't do this overdone "joke" again, it just makes you look like an idiot.
Um, whats your problem? You're totally offtopic to what the topic pertains to so stop trolling. Are you here to bash people for no legitimate reason? People know I've been waiting for this game for a long time since it was announced. And yes I own legitimate games, a lot of them in fact.

Sorakun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's about five years old, I guess.
Aren't Cinch and RGB the same? Anyway, I'm using RGB in combination with the SCART-Adapter. YUV is way beyond my TV.
And I already stated that my TV doesn't support NTSC. About that I'm pretty sure.
I was actually hoping to find a way to fix this with the Wii itself.
I have HBC, Gecko OS, Backup Loader, etc. if that helps any. (No, forcing PAL50 or 60 only gives me a green screen.)

A game is not all about graphics. Heh, for all that I care, it could be pixelated 2D. But in color please...

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No, RGB means that all three colors (that is, Red, Green, and Blue) are transfered seperately, as opposed to Cinch which only uses one cable (the yellow one).

I guess the most common way to transfer RGB in Europe is indeed SCART, but considering you use Cinch -> SCART (I guess, that's what's originally included in European Wii boxes), that doesn't really help you.

Majin Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
bebpo said:
Use a disc or skip the cutscene. Both solutions work.
No, skipping didn't work.
I already got past it with a disc, but it would be annoying if this happened often in the game. But no crashes since that scene yet.

Sorakun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, then it's Cinch...
Quality's just fine for me, so I'm not gonna buy useless extra stuff.
Our living room TV could probably handle NTSC, but I'm not allowed to set up my Wii there.
And it could take quite some time until my parents buy a new one so I can then get the current one. Probably when I've already moved out...
Aww, this sucks!
Guess I'll have to wait for the EU-Release. Fortunately I have KitN and later KH Days to keep myself busy^^

kelvie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm.. seems like a pretty good game. The voice actors in the game are all actually pretty famous.

Also, this load times for this game are barely noticeable (unlike in TOS-R).

One complaint is that they really cut back on the buildings (such as the item shops, inns, or any houses). When you go inside a building, it's just 2D dialogue.

Hyllian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've tried load with GeckOS and got black screen. My Wii froze and I had to press power 5 seconds.

Any solutions?

motakay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Raylene2K7 said:

I will wait until then to grab this.
smile.gif

The best thing about this game is that the music is composed to Yasunori Mitsuda.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated