Wii #0697 - The Monkey King: The Legend Begins (USA)

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
theclaw said:
Yes, I know they're based on the same story. But still looks too much like Dragon Ball. The resemblance is blatant in this case.

Dragonball has loads of elements stolen from Sun Wukong, too ... and when people steal from the same sources, there will be resemblances ...

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
berlinka said:
You got to be kidding!!!! I watched that movie and suddenly I can't believe this is 2008!! IT almost looks like a SNES game! This should have been released as Wiiware. As a full game this is an insult!
All the shitty casual games like Big Brain Academy, Wii Fit or Wii Chess are actually much uglier (and of course much bigger insults for trve gamers
ph34r.gif
)...
There's not a single Wii game that actually looks like 2008, so what?
2D games like these were even still very common on the Dreamcast and PS2, so don't act like you've never seen a 2D game on a 3D console before
sleep.gif

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bob Evil said:
theclaw said:
Yes, I know they're based on the same story. But still looks too much like Dragon Ball. The resemblance is blatant in this case.

Dragonball has loads of elements stolen from Sun Wukong, too ... and when people steal from the same sources, there will be resemblances ...
Yeah, actually the DragonBall comic began as a parody of the Journey to the West. It shared many of the elements of the story because, being based on the old novel, it was supposed to.

I'm a bit of a recovering DB/Z addict and maniac.
In case you're wondering how I gave it up, one word. "GT" ...
glare.gif

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gizmo_gal said:
Bob Evil said:
theclaw said:

Yeah, actually the DragonBall comic began as a parody of the Journey to the West. It shared many of the elements of the story because, being based on the old novel, it was supposed to.

glare.gif

It wasn't a novel ... it was a collection of short stories, written 500 years ago, based on the legends that were from the 7th century ...

I say legends, rather than myths, as Tripitaka was a real person ...

Louse76

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
berlinka said:
You got to be kidding!!!! I watched that movie and suddenly I can't believe this is 2008!! IT almost looks like a SNES game! This should have been released as Wiiware. As a full game this is an insult!

I agree. I'd consider playing this as WiiWare - however, I ran out of memory a long time ago. Nintendo needs to figure something out about this internal memory crisis.

As soon as we can use external hard drives - I'm all over it. As soon as we can use them to load ISOs - I'm buying a 750GB HDD for it
wink.gif

[VAF]Flyper

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gizmo_gal said:
Bob Evil said:
theclaw said:

glare.gif

Actually I'm one of those few people who enjoyed GT as well as the previous seasons...

The game looks pretty fun, time for some old school gaming!

extended

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In the worlds before Monkey, primal chaos reigned. Heavens sought order. But the phoenix can fly only when its feathers are grown. The four worlds formed again and yet again, as endless aeons wheeled and passed. Time and the pure essences of Heaven, the moisture of the Earth, the powers of the Sun and the Moon all worked upon a certain rock, old as creation. And it became magically fertile. That first egg was named "Thought". Tathagata Buddha, the Father Buddha, said, "With our thoughts, we make the World". Elemental forces caused the egg to hatch. From it came a stone monkey. The nature of Monkey was... irrepressible!

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
extended said:
In the worlds before Monkey, primal chaos reigned. Heavens sought order. But the phoenix can fly only when its feathers are grown. The four worlds formed again and yet again, as endless aeons wheeled and passed. Time and the pure essences of Heaven, the moisture of the Earth, the powers of the Sun and the Moon all worked upon a certain rock, old as creation. And it became magically fertile. That first egg was named "Thought". Tathagata Buddha, the Father Buddha, said, "With our thoughts, we make the World". Elemental forces caused the egg to hatch. From it came a stone monkey. The nature of Monkey was... irrepressible!

Nice transcription of the intro to Monkey
smile.gif

theADDict

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the video, but I don't think I'll bother now.
Had we been in the 90's with my pc engine pad in my hand, I'd of been mildly excited.

zeckyD

Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
It's an original (not narnia2
dry.gif
) and good game (not kawasaki snowmobile
excl.gif
) it only cost 30$ (or 1buck the dvd ) and even if we use wiiscrubber it's a 389 Mo files so heavier for wiiware
lecture.gif
So guys don't judge a game on a simple video
wtf.gif
(that's why review exist) keep cool try it
toot.gif
!

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
This works on PAL by using Freeloader (on 480p anyway), since you cannot open this in Trucha or VMC.

Also, i used the freeloader inject trick, so it runs freeloader off the same disc.

Works fine.

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
I got a Black screen on 480p when just patching to PAL. Usually Trucha and VMC fixes that, but Trucha cant open it. (One of the rare isos it cant open). Freeloader injector trick saved the day.

I understand this patched to PAL should work on 50Hz, but i havent tested it myself, i tend to leave my wii in 480p, everything works for me.

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
This looks stupid. I played Castle Shikigami and that was retarded as well. Bring on the Jets N Guns type shmups. The gameplay video was so boring and slow and who puts dialog in a 2d shmup? What the crap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious