Wii #0635 - Mario Kart (Europe)

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Have read all the thread and I think just three users had a confirmation about it working on Wii-US. Anyway, I think it's kind of simple, just patch with Brickblocker and use RegionFrii to be sure the disc will no jump with a update on you face.

Going to try it tonight.
grog.gif

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone gotten the Mario Kart Wii Channel to work on NTSC-U? SpikeyNDS couldn't get it working and I was wondering if it is possible to get it working.

EDIT:BTW, What exactly is this channel anyways?

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
I think if you use any Trucha related thing (I used the WiiFrii patch with relies on Trucha exploit) it won't work. The third partition which probably contains the Mario Kart Wii channel might not even be saved to the completed ISO.

Anyone got the channel to work on NTSC on a clean, unmodified burn?

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh. I don't have t3h int3rw3bz at home anyways. And you can still check it if you put the disk in right?

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay so from what I've gathered, some people can't get the MKWii Channel to work on PAL consoles... Does the version you download affect this? I'm getting a full size one from a.b.x... Is it fake? (leach*.nl)

mwaddoups

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Goddammit, looks like this release doesn't contain 3.2 (therefore the JAP one won't help my semi-brick
hate2.gif
)

EDIT: It has a larger version of WiiSystemMenu (v258 vs. v257 from SSBB, so that's good enough for me
tongue.gif
)

mooyah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Woohoo finally here eh? It's just Mario Kart with a few changes on Wii. The speed boost start is even the same where you wait for the 2nd light. I didn't follow the whole no more snaking talk but to me its just the MK64 boost system again (edit: actually I just noticed it's a simplified timed version of it.. ah well). Only had a few short goes with it so far but it does seem like a lot of fun.

I did the update blocker (region frii is redundant imo since most chips take care of it) and everything was golden for another NTSC/US - Cyclowiz user. From what I've read the channel is just a score board kinda thing. I'm impatient like most of us on here so's I just jumped on the PAL version since its the next big Ninty Wii game. I'll just switch to the US release when that comes out.

mooyah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AlerekNightfall said:
Playing on a NTSC-U system w/freeloader. How do you jump/hop?!

The B trigger if you're using the Wiimote. I guess it works better with the lame plastic wheel with the big back button as its a little awkward to hold the trigger when powersliding. Up on the Dpad (Wiimote sideways) fires potential items forward and down fires them backwards. Holding left/right lets you ready the powerup (i.e. a shell) as a shield like in the old games and letting go shoots.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm on a NTSC Wii, 3.2U. Used Brickblocker 1.3R2 to remove the update, and things work great. I think its funny that when connecting online its showing that I'm in Europe on the globe there, as opposed to knowing from the IP or anything like that, but whatever. I won't install the MK channel simply because just in case it messes with the firmware, I don't want it, though my guess would be its like the Metroid Preview Channel, easily deletable. Besides that, I browsed the channel in-game and it wasn't really worth it to me.

I like the online in this game much better than SSBB though, because you can jump in at anytime, which means less waiting, and it'll just put you in the game at the end of the race, definitely my favorite online mode so far.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mooyah said:
AlerekNightfall said:

The B trigger if you're using the Wiimote. I guess it works better with the lame plastic wheel with the big back button as its a little awkward to hold the trigger when powersliding. Up on the Dpad (Wiimote sideways) fires potential items forward and down fires them backwards. Holding left/right lets you ready the powerup (i.e. a shell) as a shield like in the old games and letting go shoots.

You can use 1 to hop/ slide too. Is there any brakes in this one? I didn't notice any.

Also, personally I really like the remote-only control for this game.

Alerek

Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
jhoff80 said:
mooyah said:
AlerekNightfall said:

You can use 1 to hop/ slide too. Is there any brakes in this one? I didn't notice any.

Also, personally I really like the remote-only control for this game.

I am fail. no button on GCN or wiimote jumps. halp.

paOol

Trophies
XP
Country
err, i can confirm it workign on my NTSC-U wii, wiikey 1.9g brickblocked using the MP3 trick.

HOWEVER
, i think there might be a semi-brick or something.
When i go into Wii (bottom left), then Wii Settings, It takes me to a screen that says
"You tried to access the address marc:FIX/US/ENG/index01.html, which is currently unavailable. please make sure that the web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page."

blah blah blah,
and it shows this instead of the regular wii settings menu (where u can change the wifi settings, display, and all that stuff).

If im not the only one with this problem, i will record a video of the problem and upload it.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
paOol said:
err, i can confirm it workign on my NTSC-U wii, wiikey 1.9g brickblocked using the MP3 trick.

HOWEVER
When i go into Wii (bottom left), then Wii Settings, It takes me to a screen that says
"You tried to access the address marc:FIX/US/ENG/index01.html, which is currently unavailable. please make sure that the web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page."

blah blah blah,
and it shows this instead of the regular wii settings menu (where u can change the wifi settings, display, and all that stuff).

If im not the only one with this problem, i will record a video of the problem and upload it.

Not sure why you used the MP3 trick? My Wii was already 3.2U, so I just applied brickblocker and that was it. Regardless, I don't have that issue, sorry.

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
paOol said:

HOWEVER

blah blah blah,

You were probably only updated to 3.1U when you ran Mario Kart. It installed 3.2E so now you are "semi-bricked" as they call it. The next game with an update on it should fix that problem.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Super sweet, one of the main games I've been waiting for on the Wii, hopefully it will see me actual spend some time on my Wii over my other consoles.

Grabbing it now while I'm at work, hopefully done by the time I get home.
grog.gif

If it's anything like the N64 or DS versions I'm sure I'm going to love it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with...