Wii #0391 - Soul Calibur Legends (USA)

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
this game is REALLY bad, this isn't what we want on the Wii. It's Namco's Wii Specific Shovelware. The graphics are poor, the controls are limited, the voice and subtitles are out of sync with the action on screen, the music is pretty dire and it's not a lot of fun to play. Everything about this game screams "bargain bin" - I seriously doubt anyone with half a sense actually enjoys this

mikagami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seriously doubt anyone with half a sense actually enjoys this

So because people have different tastes in games they don't have any sense? With a comment like that it seems like you're the one who has none.

Like I said, I wouldn't go out and pay $50 for this game, but it is definitely worth the DVD.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

So because people have different tastes in games they don't have any sense? With a comment like that it seems like you're the one who has none.

Like I said, I wouldn't go out and pay $50 for this game, but it is definitely worth the DVD.

Yes because people have different tastes they don't have any sense. Does that make you happy?

Namco had an opportunity to actually make something good, instead we get shovelware - you may think it's worth a DVD, but I think you're very crazy for believing that. I guess you'll be offended by that too.

mooyah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
this game is REALLY bad, this isn't what we want on the Wii. It's Namco's Wii Specific Shovelware. The graphics are poor, the controls are limited, the voice and subtitles are out of sync with the action on screen, the music is pretty dire and it's not a lot of fun to play. Everything about this game screams "bargain bin" - I seriously doubt anyone with half a sense actually enjoys this

I think the problem is they sync-ed everything to the Japanese track rather than the English one. The Japanese one is surprisingly spot on as far as lip sync goes.

mikagami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes because people have different tastes they don't have any sense. Does that make you happy?

Namco had an opportunity to actually make something good, instead we get shovelware - you may think it's worth a DVD, but I think you're very crazy for believing that. I guess you'll be offended by that too.

I'm not offended, I'm just surprised at how ignorant some people can get. If you don't like the game, that's fine, but saying others "lack sense" because their views on the game differ is just really pathetic to me.

So call me crazy for liking this game, I happen to think your logic is rather delusional as well.
happy.gif

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

I'm not offended, I'm just surprised at how ignorant some people can get. If you don't like the game, that's fine, but saying others "lack sense" because their views on the game differ is just really pathetic to me.

So call me crazy for liking this game, I happen to think your logic is rather delusional as well.
happy.gif

well we can agree to disagree then - this game is a stinker, if you want a mediocre game to play, then this is surely one of many that would fit the bill and yes anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional. I would also suggest that anyone who buys and downloads DSI games is shit crazy too, but then you'd probably disagree with that too and state the opposite it's a sound decision to do so.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Opinions, opinions, opinions.

I won't comment on sekhu saying people are crazy or stupid for potentially liking games like this as that in itself is an opinion. Just try and keep it mellow without lashing out at specific people.

I myself am all for trying this out. Co-op hack n' slash is always good for a dull afternoon and surely the game is worth a 35 cent DVD.

monkeywars

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
audio is out of sync with the lips badly, but apart from that it works. Game is not too bad better than I thought it would be, controls are quite good once you get use to the wiggling directions for combos.

Serpent01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lots of user reviews are saying its really good but then the sites give it an average score.

Ill have to try it for my self.

monkeywars

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not Soul Caliber on the dreamcast, nothing could beat that , but this is a reasonable scrolling fighting game, only the familiar characters make it a soul caliber game. I hope they will release SC4 on the Wii though but i'm not sure how well the controls would work....

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
the opening scene is in a small box at the bottom of my TV screen, the voice speaking it out of sync, the gameplay is terrible and looks like a dreamcast game, very disappointed.

iori-kyo-k

Trophies
Website
www.jeux-france.com
XP
Country
France
Anybody else got desynchronized sound with picture in the first cutscene ? All the rest of the game plays fine though.

I got it pretty much during every cutscene

Yup, finally got it too. The longer the cutscene, the worst it is desynchronized 'cause it slowly does.

I burnt it at 16X by the way, has anyone who burnt the game in 2X experienced the same glitch ? If yes, that's hell of a bad job from Capcom :/

mikagami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I was disappointed in the sync as well. However, if you turn the voices to Japanese, it syncs just fine.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yea, the animations are sync'd to the Japanese VO.

So, I threw all online reviews out the window and decided to sit down and try this game out.

7 hours later, I realize I lost track of time.

Okay, graphically, it's not too bad, it doesn't look awkward or anything, but perhaps not up to everyone's ridiculously high standards.

Gameplay? At first it seems pretty simple and boring. You just waggle your Wiimote and things die. If you keep that up, you won't beat the game. (DAMN YOU LLOYD! WHY ARE YOU SO HARD TO BEAT?!) Once you actually learn to play the game and not just waggle randomly it gets pretty fun and interesting. It's a hack n' slash so it never gets TOO deep, but it's thought out enough that you DO need to think about what you're doing later on. There's actually a lot of small mechanics that can be taken advantage of and if there's ever going to be a Soul Calibur Legends 2 they have ample opportunity to make it a must have game.

Sound? It's alright, weapons clang, music's in the background. Voice acting...English is bleh and desync'd from the animation. Japanese is on top of things and perfectly sync'd. No surprise hits or anything, it's just there to be there. (Although Tales of Symphonia's battle victory fanfare when Lloyd is in your party was a nice surprise.)

Let's see...

Story? It's alright, it's just starting to pick up. Your navigator/guide tries to talk about his/her past a lot but it's executed rather awkwardly and out of place at times. On top of that, s/he is a new character and doesn't fight so you don't feel much for him/her. I hear the ending is awesome though so I'm waiting for that.

Re-playability: Let's see here...all the missions you do give you a rank from (F?)D to S. You are also given a rank title such as "Diamond Knight" and so on. For those shooting to be perfect (Impossible with random waggling I might add), this is an easy way to keep track. There's also the "Party Mode" which consists of Co-op maps, Competitive maps, and Arena maps. I haven't actually tried these out yet so I can't fully comment. It looks like Arena mode allows you to duel another player. This can probably be quite interesting if both players actually play instead of button mash...erm, I mean waggle randomly.

TL;DR

Overall, not a bad game at all if you give it a chance and get to the point where random waggling won't work anymore. Kind of like playing SC1/2/3 where button mashing will get you through the first few matches but stop working after a while. Lots of reasons to replay the game depending on what you like. It might not be worth $50, but it might be worth your while to pick it up when the price drops, and it's definitely worth a blank DVD if you give it a chance. Not an outstanding start for a new franchise, but not at all as horrible as people claim it to be. If they decide to make Soul Calibur Legends 2 they can definitely make it a must have if they tighten up the formula and bring up the presentation a bit.

iori-kyo-k

Trophies
Website
www.jeux-france.com
XP
Country
France
Yeah, I was disappointed in the sync as well. However, if you turn the voices to Japanese, it syncs just fine.

Errrr, nope.

I turn the voices to Japanese, but even the sound effects in cutscenes are desynchronized with sound. I think I'll try burning the game at 2X.

Enjoying the game so far, not a blockbuster, but a pretty good game if you want to kill, kill, kill and kill again worthless dumb enemies all over a "only one way to go through" level ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly