Wii #0391 - Soul Calibur Legends (USA)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by JPH, Nov 21, 2007.

1. JPH
    OP

JPH Banned

Banned
    Jul 11, 2006
    United States
    ^^wiirelease-0452^^

2. Tripp

Tripp GBAtemp Regular

Oct 17, 2006
    United States
    South East Florida
    Cool can't wait to check this out but, I'm at work... [​IMG]

Someone please tell me how the game play is.

3. SomeGuyGG

SomeGuyGG GBAtemp Regular

Jun 28, 2004
    Canada
    canada
    It looks like a Gauntlet type action game. Only 2 players though [​IMG]

4. sekhu

sekhu moo?

Feb 14, 2007
    reviews have been average to poor, I expect a mundane hack n slash game

EDIT: confirmed working on PAL (by other users)

5. mikagami

mikagami GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2007
    United States
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rmrRhR4liU for a video of the game play. It's actually pretty fun, if you like hack and slash games I highly recommend you check this out. If this game was a new series people would have given it a lot more slack, yet since it has the Soul Calibur name people are disappointed that Wii didn't get a standard one.

My friend and I are having a good time with it so far, it reminds me of Gauntlet Legends a lot, and I spent a lot of time on that. The combat is really nice and responsive, and you get a bit of a work out playing it. I'm in good shape and after playing this for awhile I was a bit worn out. Lots of waggle.

Basically, if you like hack and slash games, and you have some friends who do as well, this game will provide some decent fun. I don't think it's really $50 fun, but it was definitely worth the DVD for me.

6. ChoroQ

ChoroQ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2007
    Italy
    It seems nice.
    Some ppl confirm it works on PAL (wiifree and brickblocker), but i dunno when it is scheduled for official pal release -.-
    If someone knows..share the info ^^

7. JPH
    OP

JPH Banned

Banned
    Jul 11, 2006
    United States
    It got a bad review from GameSpot...no Soul Calibur will ever be better than the one on Dreamcast.

8. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    that gameplay looks tight, i was gonna burn and play dragon blade wrath of fire (another hack and slash) but after seeing this video, dragon blade looks terrible and will be deleted XD and i can't find soul calibur legends anywhere on usenet anywhere [​IMG]

the fact that this game will have soul calibur's fighting engine will make this game really enjoyable for me.

9. sdoc96

sdoc96 Creaky Old Stiff Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    I don't think it has actually been reviewed by Gamespot as yet - those are only user reviews and links to external reviews.
    But you are right - Not many games looked better than Dreamcast Soul Calibur via VGA box on a 100Hz quality TV. So silky smooth, what a game.
    I'll give Legends a go, though I expect a lot from Namco.

10. Louse76

Louse76 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 7, 2007
    United States
    Deltona, FL USA
    Is this actually up anywhere yet?

And how do they decide to post about it if it's not up anywhere?

11. sekhu

sekhu moo?

Feb 14, 2007
    it's been out for a little while now at lot's of places, grabbing it as I write (but don't ask me from where)

12. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    well i don't see it and i use usenet

edit: found it, surprised it's on a public torrent site first and not on usenet, i'm hoping it's real.

13. berlinka

berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Jul 31, 2003
    Netherlands
    Harderwijk, Netherlands
    Well, everybody has different opinions I guess. There's a player's review on Gamespot that gave it a 10.

"This game is a great experience for older teens on the wii, which in my opinion seems to be focused on young child and family play. I reccomend this game for the wii but if you have an xbox 360 and a wii, the recent and upcoming xbox360 games are probably a better choice. But if you have a wii and the money, definitely buy it. Though it has few characters it has great co op play and with its playstyle, is a good way to get out aggression. Thank you and play hard."

14. Dack

Dack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 26, 2007
    UK
    It is on usenet now.

15. dydy

dydy Banned

Banned
    Jul 5, 2006
    Confirmed working on WII PAL with wiikey 1.9g...And the game is a good beat em up but it is not soulcalibur FIGHTING on dreamcast XBOX and PS2 its just a hack and slash adventure^^

16. jtroye32

jtroye32 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 8, 2006
    United States
    Michigan
    QFT.

17. adriana

adriana Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2007
    Italy
    that is an great game...it works on pal

18. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    cheers

19. 1ns4nity

1ns4nity GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2007
    United States
    anyone on JAP Wii tried this? Thnx!

20. mooyah

mooyah GBAtemp Regular

Jun 27, 2007
    Wow, this is almost as bad as Dragon Blade. Runs at a smooth 60 frames but it looks very average. Not even the Soul Calibur trademark coloured weapon swirls make it look much better. The Wiimote waggle works well with a range of direction based combos but the problem is it doesn't seem to matter. You can wave your arm for 5-10 minutes and eventually finish a stage. All in all.. meh [​IMG]