Wii #0391 - Soul Calibur Legends (USA)

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
The reason for the synch issues will be down to a 50hz/60Hz issue I imagine - it would explain why it gets more and more out of sync as the cutscene progresses.

Have you tried running at 480i/60Hz?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this game is REALLY bad, this isn't what we want on the Wii. It's Namco's Wii Specific Shovelware. The graphics are poor, the controls are limited, the voice and subtitles are out of sync with the action on screen, the music is pretty dire and it's not a lot of fun to play. Everything about this game screams "bargain bin" - I seriously doubt anyone with half a sense actually enjoys this
Has there actually been a spin off action/adventure game from a beat-em-up franchise thats actually been good? The Tekken ones...awful, Mortal Kombat ones...awful and now this. I still don't understand why they did this game when a proper SC game, hell even a port of SC3 would've been more welcome.

iori-kyo-k

Trophies
Website
www.jeux-france.com
XP
Country
France
The reason for the synch issues will be down to a 50hz/60Hz issue I imagine - it would explain why it gets more and more out of sync as the cutscene progresses.

Tried 50Hz and even 60Hz/480i instead of 480p, same problem here.

Will try burning on another media and in 2X to give it a try.

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
OW MY ARMS DX

After playing for 2 hours straight I just thought what the hell I'll play how I should and tried to properly control the game. Swinging slower for the heavy characters, quicker of the faster characters and wow! The game's definately got battle system right, and the controls work a charm, it's so much fun even though you're just hacking and slashing away. Plus unlocking characters always spurs you on to keep playing and the storyline isn't half bad either.
Although multiplayers a bit shite however, especially the vs. matches, why the fuck is it splitscreen? =/

But all in all a 7.5/10 game.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OW MY ARMSÂ Â DX

After playing for 2 hours straight I just thought what the hell I'll play how I should and tried to properly control the game. Swinging slower for the heavy characters, quicker of the faster characters and wow! The game's definately got battle system right, and the controls work a charm, it's so much fun even though you're just hacking and slashing away. Plus unlocking characters always spurs you on to keep playing and the storyline isn't half bad either.
Although multiplayers a bit shite however, especially the vs. matches, why the fuck is it splitscreen? =/

But all in all a 7.5/10 game.

Playing as intended now will make it easier when the game reaches the point where random waggling stops working. (Have you fought Lloyd yet? Holy crap was that a sucky battle. XD)

I don't understand why people say the controls are bad. They work perfectly if you use them right and a button configuration isn't possible. All the buttons in reasonable reach are mapped already and there's no way to map 4 different slashes (Left/right and up/down are different attacks), a thrust, guard, and jump when the game is played on a 3D plane instead of a 2D plane like the fighters.

My only gripes are:
1) Lock-On System: It should be immediate. As it is now when it locks on (By default it always locks on to a target) you slowly turn to whatever you're locking on to instead of immediately turning to it. I understand it's more realistic this way, but you can make your character immediately turn around manually anyway.
2) Story Flow: It tries really hard to build up the story for Iska or whatever but you just can't care enough since he's not in any of the SC games...plus he just whines a lot.
3) Level Design: Between different levels it varies quite a bit actually, it's just when revisiting levels that are told to be different places in the game that make it seem really lazy on their part.

Besides those? It's a good game if you give it a chance.

Reminds me of...I think it was Gamespot's review on Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. The guy's review proved he didn't play past the first 3 stages or so. Whoops?

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Tried 50Hz and even 60Hz/480i instead of 480p, same problem here.

Will try burning on another media and in 2X to give it a try.

I have this issue, the games seems to run at 50Hz on my PAL Wii even if I have the Wii set to 60Hz 480P.
Pretty strange that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast