Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I thought the front page said tomorrow at midnight? nevermind just check it and it says

"Update1: 00:14 AM This is now in effect. RL gets in the way sometimes. There will be another update when it's finished. "

I wish they didn't open registrations..I don't want it to go down like oink..

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I thought the front page said tomorrow at midnight? nevermind just check it and it says

"Update1: 00:14 AM This is now in effect. RL gets in the way sometimes. There will be another update when it's finished. "

I wouldn't think that would matter. Wasn't oink invite only? And then what, they got shut down anyway, right?

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well BC has a user limit as to how many members it can have at one time. So, that keeps it down and quiet. They are also pretty strict when it comes to posting, ratios, and such..So, I think we'll be ok. It's just that the more people that are part of something the more people know about it, obviously..
unsure.gif

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well BC has a user limit as to how many members it can have at one time. So, that keeps it down and quiet. They are also pretty strict when it comes to posting, ratios, and such..So, I think we'll be ok. It's just that the more people that are part of something the more people know about it, obviously..
unsure.gif

Yeah but I'm pretty sure none of these trackers are under the radar. I mean, I figure most companies already have moles already all over sites like this, but no one thinks twice about tracker talk etc.

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

"Update1: 00:14 AM This is now in effect. RL gets in the way sometimes. There will be another update when it's finished. "

It let me register, but keep getting 404'd on the validation, arghhh..anyone else?

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I can confirm what other have already confirmed. The Metroid turn-off trick does indeed work. No duplicate channels and no corrupt Wii system settings menu.

As always you MUST be on the latest Wii firmware, in this case 3.1E before attempting to do this or you will corrupt your settings.

But yes it does work, no worries.

Tested on:

PAL Wii
3.1E
Wiikey

shane1972

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can confirm what other have already confirmed. The Metroid turn-off trick does indeed work. No duplicate channels and no corrupt Wii system settings menu.

As always you MUST be on the latest Wii firmware, in this case 3.1E before attempting to do this or you will corrupt your settings.

Tested on:

PAL Wii
3.1E
Wiikey

Hi Opium,

Ok so you are saying that it works,Have you tried it yourself?
If your are correct then i can run super mario galaxy ntsc on my pal wii with wiikey and firmware 3.1e and it will work fine once the metroid prime trick is done at about 15% is this correct?

Cheers Shane

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

Tested on:

PAL Wii
3.1E
Wiikey

Hi Opium,

Ok so you are saying that it works,Have you tried it yourself?
If your are correct then i can run super mario galaxy ntsc on my pal wii with wiikey and firmware 3.1e and it will work fine once the metroid prime trick is done at about 15% is this correct?

Cheers Shane

Yes, that's correct. I just did it myself less than an hour ago.

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
Rubish, the Metroid trick has been confirmed not to work and how could u have tested it on your WiiKey with out the new firmware

shane1972

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi Opium,

So please correct me if this is wrong.
I burn 1 copy as normal and 1 copy with wii brick blocker.
I put the normal 1 in and allow to update then turn off at about 15%.
I then put the 1 with wii brick blocker in and play away.

Cheers Shane

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@pain - uh... he tested it? how couldn't he test it?

@opium - i can't read through all 123 pages, any word if it works on ntsc wii's?

gram

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I remember reading earlier in this post that it didn't work. Apparently people had tested it on several different levels of the update without success. So what have you done different to make it work ?

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can still run the super mario update with wiikey.
you just can't play the game after because it detects the game is burnt.
The channels come from the update. Unles you do the trick as Opium said so you don't get them.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
didn't mean the channels. if i do what opium said exactly by the word on a ntsc wii with wiikey, would mario galaxy work?

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Rubish, the Metroid trick has been confirmed not to work and how could u have tested it on your WiiKey with out the new firmware

The metroid turn off trick does indeed work to avoid duplicate channels. I know because I have done it. Why would I need a new Wiikey firmware to test that?

Hi Opium,

So please correct me if this is wrong.
I burn 1 copy as normal and 1 copy with wii brick blocker.
I put the normal 1 in and allow to update then turn off at about 15%.
I then put the 1 with wii brick blocker in and play away.

Cheers Shane

That's correct. But you still can't play the game. You will get to the error 001 screen that says the game detected an unauthorised device. You need to wait for a wiikey update to play the game. But you can indeed avoid duplicate channels with the metroid turn off trick.

QUOTE(Xuphor @ Oct 31 2007, 02:34 PM)@pain - uh... he tested it? how couldn't he test it?

@opium - i can't read through all 123 pages, any word if it works on ntsc wii's?

This is only for PAL Wii's to avoid getting duplicate channels when running Mario Galaxy. You still can't play the game. NTSC Wii's should just let the game update run through and install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...