Status
Not open for further replies.

OTT13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For those who played it:HOW IS THE GAME???
Can we get some impressions of people? How is it compared to Sunshine and SM64? Controls any good? Graphics nice?

(sorry in advance if people already posted their impressions, i couldn't find them on the last few pages)

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wish these forums had a "Search this thread" option. I'd be able to peruse long threads like this without out all the bullshit and complaining and useless posts.

I have an OpenWii, but it looks like I might be switching in the next few weeks if this ain't fixed. Some guys a YAOSM are close to a fix I heard; hopefully that'll jumpstart OpenWii again.

fldash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's a great game, but many people are comparing it to N64 Mario, which I never played; this is the first Nintendo console I've owned since SNES.

The controls can get confusing when Mario is on the bottom side of something that you can walk completely around, but I'm getting better at it.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wish these forums had a "Search this thread" option. I'd be able to peruse long threads like this without out all the bullshit and complaining and useless posts
We do.
smile.gif

Take a gander at the bottom right corner of the thread you're viewing!

DiNo29

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Wow, very small "enter keywords" form, never saw it before.
Anyway about the game, one unknow little website (for me anyway, never heard of it) reviewed it, and they gave it a 10/10 ^^'.
That's deeko.com if you want to read it, but careful, you'll be even more despaired that you can't play it yet after that
tongue.gif

Xandu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
So, let me get this straight.. Super Mario Galaxy will ONLY work on Cyclowiz 3.6 beta? Can it not run on Cyclowiz v2 or v1? Because I have no update switch so technically, I can't update. I have latest firmware (one that comes with Metroid).

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So, let me get this straight.. Super Mario Galaxy will ONLY work on Cyclowiz 3.6 beta? Can it not run on Cyclowiz v2 or v1? Because I have no update switch so technically, I can't update. I have latest firmware (one that comes with Metroid).

I thought you could update the chip via dvd? If not then yeah you will have to install the switch in order to apply the update, and it will omly work with the latest cyclowiz update

Biduleman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You need to install the switch to update via dvd because the chip is not usable in upgrade mode (would it be possible for nintendo to update a chip that don't need an update switch like the wiikey or the Wiid to put a corrupted firmware?) and you can't upgrade it in play mode.

By the way, the game is so great! I think that galaxy is way better than Mario 64, but I was kinda young when Mario 64 got released so I didn't enjoyed it so much because of the difficulty...

I'm not good at reviewing a game but if you have any questions OTT13, just ask them and I'll answer the best I can!

fldash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Biduleman, one on system, or whatever, I have 4 stars, then I noticed it has a gray outline of something else.... not sure what it is. I went to the galaxy and but it didn't pop-up as a selectable 'star', so I wasn't sure what star I had already gotten to pick to try and get this greyed out item.

Do you know how you get the 4th star on some systems when you've already gotten 3 of them? Which star do you pick of the three to find the 'hidden' star?

Tha-Rik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Will the Wiikey Update work on Clones?

No, Team WiiKey is delaying the release of the update in order to make sure it won't work with clones.

u sure about that?

The "unexpected issues" apparently have nothing to do with making the update incompatible with WiiKey clones. The dev team behind the WiiKey modchip also announced that they "do not intend to brick or render clones inoperable."

http://wii.qj.net/WiiKey-upgrade-on-the-wa...pg/49/aid/90844

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
i think he was being sarcastic.

On a sidenote, i have a friend who does PR for nintendo and apparently whilst Mario Galaxy has protection, there is no requirement for 3rd partys to use it. Seems weird, athough only time will tell.

benbjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's already released.. japan, and the release has been dumped too.

Unless Japanese games don't count ?

Nah I mean we only have to wait until it is released so we can buy it
wink.gif
seriously, 50$ isn't so much to pay for a great game.
If I have to pay for first party Nintendo games I am happy enough. Anyway, so crack or patch will come around to fix the protection issue. Until then I'll buy the games worth buying.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will the Wiikey Update work on Clones?

No, Team WiiKey is delaying the release of the update in order to make sure it won't work with clones.

u sure about that?

QUOTEThe "unexpected issues" apparently have nothing to do with making the update incompatible with WiiKey clones. The dev team behind the WiiKey modchip also announced that they "do not intend to brick or render clones inoperable."

http://wii.qj.net/WiiKey-upgrade-on-the-wa...pg/49/aid/90844

That link you provided is referencing the 1.9b firmware update. Look at the date (April 2007) Although I don't agree with cruddybuddy either because he has provided no proof of his claims. In fact he has provided no proof of any of the claims that he has made in this thread so even though I just started posting on these forums about a week ago, cruddybuddy has already lost all credibility with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!