Not open for further replies.

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
OK I'm back now having played SMG for an hour or so......

Before I say this know that I'm a massive ninty fan and have owned all consoles and completed all mario games several times 100% and think they're great. I even LOVED sunshine (can't understand those who don't).

Anyway........ as I say I've had hands on now for around an hour or so and I'm not impressed.

I don't like running around the planets. I'm one of these players who excitedly moves round when playing games (you know like when you steer on a racer you lean the way your steering for no good reason), and I'm finding myself tilting my head all weird angles whilst playing this and I'm getting neck ache.

Story line seems average, graphics look great, sound is what you'd expect and the controls are spot on. I just dont like the perspective and because all the planets I've been on so far are so small it's massively annoying.

Sorry to moan when most of you reading this cant play it but thats just my opinion. I will play this to the death and will probably hail this the best game ever eventually. It's just I was a bit disappointed after the wait.

im soooooooo jealous =(, have fun

fenix4o9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK I'm back now having played SMG for an hour or so......

Before I say this know that I'm a massive ninty fan and have owned all consoles and completed all mario games several times 100% and think they're great. I even LOVED sunshine (can't understand those who don't).

Anyway........ as I say I've had hands on now for around an hour or so and I'm not impressed.

I don't like running around the planets. I'm one of these players who excitedly moves round when playing games (you know like when you steer on a racer you lean the way your steering for no good reason), and I'm finding myself tilting my head all weird angles whilst playing this and I'm getting neck ache.

Story line seems average, graphics look great, sound is what you'd expect and the controls are spot on. I just dont like the perspective and because all the planets I've been on so far are so small it's massively annoying.

Sorry to moan when most of you reading this cant play it but thats just my opinion. I will play this to the death and will probably hail this the best game ever eventually. It's just I was a bit disappointed after the wait.
thats what i was afraid of
frown.gif
the walking around a little planet thing does not look fun everything else looks amazing i just wish we had a 64 style stage not a ball .. haha it reminds me of glover 64

Britprog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
btw people, that double thing.
if you do it once like that, it'll double them,
and if you do it again, it'll double them again, not triple the original.
so basically, doing it twice quad's the original, not triple.

No it doesn't double the channel it adds a copy of the news and weather channel.

I played the US version of MP3 on my PAL wii and the update added an extra news and weather channel.

I want to play SMG when wiikey do an update. What I want to know is will I get an extra set of news and weather channels as well?

Also is it bad that I already have a extra set of news and weather channels (from playing NTSC MP3? Is there anything I could do to sort it out?

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Seriously now, you can get a maximum of one set of channels for each region. That means if you already have the additional channels from a USA game you won't get any more from another USA game.

The picture was a quick Paint Shop.

DNA7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im new to all this, was having a wiikey installed this week, but after this situation im having 2nd thoughts, thinking going cycowiz instead

just curious if this is typical for cycowiz to updated much faster then the wiikey

also are there any know advantages or disadvantages for the cycowiz over the wiikey?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, we usually don't see or hear anything at all from wiikey team. The one and only update that they ever released took ages! I was shocked to see that they had even posted any kind of news on their site. I've had a wiikey for a while and I was so impressed with the quickness of the cyclowiz update that I have already ordered a replacement. It's all about customer service with me and it's very obvious that the wiikey team don't give a damn about their customers.

BetorroPro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
QUOTE said:
[07.10.29] Update on Super Mario Galaxy Issue

In addition to the announcement made earlier today about Super Mario Galaxy, we are pleased to confirm that we have now identified the copy protection method responsible and created a fix.

In order to guarantee stability, we have had to make a fairly major change to the way the code works. While all tests have proven positive, the challenge now is to create a delivery system to allow existing Wiikeys to be updated.

As ever, we appreciate your patience and support while we do this.

fail.jpg

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if the delivery system isn't to have the chips currently sitting on retailer's shelves updated before they sell to end users. Know what I mean?

At any rate, I'm pretty sure that a new open source code will be out before the WiiKey update (unless the WiiKey team has turned around a lot now that their old douche of a coder is gone) and probably before any Cyclowiz I order would arrive. Besides, I'm not going to open my machine again to install the extra wires necessary to get Cyclowiz updated. I have my yaosm chip externally installed.
biggrin.gif

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if the delivery system isn't to have the chips currently sitting on retailer's shelves updated before they sell to end users. Know what I mean?

At any rate, I'm pretty sure that a new open source code will be out before the WiiKey update (unless the WiiKey team has turned around a lot now that their old douche of a coder is gone) and probably before any Cyclowiz I order would arrive. Besides, I'm not going to open my machine again to install the extra wires necessary to get Cyclowiz updated. I have my yaosm chip externally installed.Â
biggrin.gif

That seems like a weird reason to hold out on the users that have already purchased them though. Why not just recall the old chips and send out new ones?

HipN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seriously, just release it for those who already have it installed. This excuse makes me think they haven't found the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1