Wifi problem with DSi XL

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Madlyinsane, Mar 26, 2010.

Mar 26, 2010

Wifi problem with DSi XL by Madlyinsane at 11:51 PM (1,789 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Madlyinsane
    OP

Newcomer Madlyinsane Member

United Kingdom
    Hey,
    So today I bought a DSi XL, but when I got it home and set it up it can't find my router. My old DS and DS lite both had problems with my router but they always managed to find the router okay I think it was an issue with the ports, but with my new XL it just wont find the access point at all. I've tried making my iPhone a wireless access point, and wireless internet sharing through my computer but it wont find those either so I'm starting to think there might be a problem with the DS rather than my router.

Has anyone else had any problems like this? Do you think I'll need to return my DS or could it just not be compatible with my router? The router I'm using is a Dynamode R-ADSL-C4-w-G1.

2. Madlyinsane
    OP

Newcomer Madlyinsane Member

United Kingdom
    Never mind, I got it to find my router through an advanced setup.

3. BlackDave

Member BlackDave Official GBATemp "Cleanup Guy"

United States
    if you register your connection through advanced connections, you will not be able to go online using a regular DS game or homebrew, only dsiware and web browser/shop

4. oni222

Newcomer oni222 Member

United States
    Seriously? Thats sad I was hoping that my new DSI XL would fix my router issues (ds lite would only connect if there was no security password >.>).

Can somebody else confirm this because while my DSI XL is charging im hoping that the abov poster might be wrong. No offense BlackDave its just wishfull thinking.