Why won't my Wii U allow me to install the homebrew channel?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by EmbersToAshes, Mar 1, 2015.

1. EmbersToAshes
    OP

EmbersToAshes Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2015
    Hey,

Brand new to the forums, but having followed some of the guides on here for installing the homebrew channel on vwii, i've found myself stuck. I chose to follow the Smash Stacks method for installing the channel, and so copied boot.elf to my SD, copied Smash Stacks and its appropriate folders to the SD, and started out. The hack booted as the guide stated it would, and i arrived at the screen that said i was able to install the homebrew channel. so far, so good. However, the next page over it stated it was unable to install, and so i was forced back onto the wii menu. All attempted installs since then give me this:

I don't feel like i made a mistake during the installations - the guides here are incredibly concise and therefore they weren't particularly challenging to follow. Why is my Wii U kicking up a fuss here? This is my first foray into homebrew of any kind. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. EmbersToAshes
    OP

EmbersToAshes Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2015
    Nobody got any ideas?

3. dojafoja

dojafoja life elevated

Jan 2, 2014
    So youve never installed hbc before on this console or patched any ios? I always thought the 'no vulnerable ios' was because of patched system ios. That or an old Hackmii Installer.

4. worm28

worm28 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    Well you need to post a system check so download this file it has wiixplorer.elf and system check. Copy the contents to the root of your sd card if asked to overwrite the hackmii installer boot.elf do it but leave your smash stack (private folder) there. Run smashstack when wiixplorer loads navigate to the apps folder inside click on the syscheckHDE folder and finally click the boot.dol file and system check will load be sure when it asks to check all ios files. When thats finished you will have a file on your sd card root called sysCheck post the contents of sysCheck here. http://www.mediafire.com/download/hy685kdane3x3he/boot.zip

TeamScriptKiddies likes this.
  5. EmbersToAshes
    OP

EmbersToAshes Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2015
    Nope, never. The console was bought new too, so it couldn't have been done by anybody else, either. Running a systemcheck now, will update this post with the results. Thanks a lot for the assistance guys.

Edit: Ran the systemcheck, showed up with no patches. Reran the homebrew channel install for kicks, and after a day of saying i had no vulnerabilities to exploit whatsoever it installed flawlessly first try. No idea what was going on. Thanks for the help!