Hacking Why won't my Wii U allow me to install the homebrew channel?

EmbersToAshes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,

Brand new to the forums, but having followed some of the guides on here for installing the homebrew channel on vwii, i've found myself stuck. I chose to follow the Smash Stacks method for installing the channel, and so copied boot.elf to my SD, copied Smash Stacks and its appropriate folders to the SD, and started out. The hack booted as the guide stated it would, and i arrived at the screen that said i was able to install the homebrew channel. so far, so good. However, the next page over it stated it was unable to install, and so i was forced back onto the wii menu. All attempted installs since then give me this:

HackMii v1.2 installer starting up
PVR = 00087200
running under IOS 58 rev 0x1920
42 titles are installed

Found IOS 62: revision: 0x1b1e.

Found IOS 59: revision: 0x2421.

Found IOS 58: revision: 0x1920.

Found IOS 57: revision: 0x181f.

Found IOS 56: revision: 0x171e.

Found IOS 55: revision: 0x171f.

Found IOS 53: revision: 0x171f.

Found IOS 48: revision: 0x111c.

Found IOS 46: revision: 0xf17.

Found IOS 45: revision: 0xf17.

Found IOS 43: revision: 0xf17.

Found IOS 41: revision: 0xf17.

Found IOS 38: revision: 0x111c.

Found IOS 37: revision: 0x171f.

Found IOS 36: revision: 0xf18.

Found IOS 35: revision: 0xf18.

Found IOS 34: revision: 0xf18.

Found IOS 33: revision: 0xf18.

Found IOS 31: revision: 0xf18.

Found IOS 28: revision: 0x80f.

Found IOS 22: revision: 0x60e.

Found IOS 21: revision: 0x50f.

Found IOS 17: revision: 0x508.

Found IOS 15: revision: 0x508.

Found IOS 14: revision: 0x508.

Found IOS 13: revision: 0x508.

Found IOS 12: revision: 0x30e.

Found IOS 9: revision: 0x50a.

Found IOS 2: revision: 0x262.

Found IOS 80: revision: 0x1c20.

launching IOS 58 for the installer...

IOS launched...

IOS versions: Installer: 58, HBC: 0
starting preparations

device id: NG24a09de2
something weird happened (ffffffff)

This IOS can not be trusted (2147483652).
preparations done!

This installer can NOT continue!

There is no usable or vulnerable IOS installed on this Wii.
Please note that we will not use fakesigned IOSes due to
security reasons. Only unpatched versions will be used!

Read the FAQ at: http://hbc.hackmii.com/faq/
Look for an updated version at: http://bootmii.org

If this is already the latest version... well, suck it.

I don't feel like i made a mistake during the installations - the guides here are incredibly concise and therefore they weren't particularly challenging to follow. Why is my Wii U kicking up a fuss here? This is my first foray into homebrew of any kind. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
So youve never installed hbc before on this console or patched any ios? I always thought the 'no vulnerable ios' was because of patched system ios. That or an old Hackmii Installer.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you need to post a system check so download this file it has wiixplorer.elf and system check. Copy the contents to the root of your sd card if asked to overwrite the hackmii installer boot.elf do it but leave your smash stack (private folder) there. Run smashstack when wiixplorer loads navigate to the apps folder inside click on the syscheckHDE folder and finally click the boot.dol file and system check will load be sure when it asks to check all ios files. When thats finished you will have a file on your sd card root called sysCheck post the contents of sysCheck here. http://www.mediafire.com/download/hy685kdane3x3he/boot.zip

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

EmbersToAshes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So youve never installed hbc before on this console or patched any ios? I always thought the 'no vulnerable ios' was because of patched system ios. That or an old Hackmii Installer.

Nope, never. The console was bought new too, so it couldn't have been done by anybody else, either. Running a systemcheck now, will update this post with the results. Thanks a lot for the assistance guys.

Edit: Ran the systemcheck, showed up with no patches. Reran the homebrew channel install for kicks, and after a day of saying i had no vulnerabilities to exploit whatsoever it installed flawlessly first try. No idea what was going on. Thanks for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU