1. AnyIdeasOnANameForMe

Newcomer

Canada
    I know its for a specific reason that has no Home menu or game exploits unlike all other Nintendo consoles. Only through RCM Payloads. I would like to know through anybody's reply...

xdanekai and Endurion_Jr like this.
  2. BigOnYa

BigOnYa Sofa King Special

United States
  3. BigOnYa

United States
    Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  4. de9ed

de9ed Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I don't think you got his intention. He is asking other than rcm exploit is there other exploit that works through save game to gain cfw access.

5. BigOnYa

United States
    Oh, no only RCM exploit on Non-patched units, or SX Mod Chips are only that I know of....sorry OP didn't understand.
    Edit: Or if you are on lower than 7.0 FW I think is possible but unlikely.
    And the reason is the RCM and SX mod chip boots/glitches before the stock OS (Horizon) starts to run, so it can run a seperate CFW and bypass the (Horizon), so not possible to be inside (Horizon) running then make it glitch/ boot to CFW. There is better explanations on here about it, just trying to give you the basics.

Last edited by BigOnYa, Feb 24, 2021
  6. CeeDee

CeeDee art by @x65943

United States
    My bet is that it's a "lack of interest" thing, combined with comparatively limited capabilities.

The reason things like save game exploits were so prevalent on the 3DS is because the modding community was initially spearheaded by people like smealum, who were against software piracy, so it was by design that most of the early, publicly released exploits were homebrew-only, without piracy. And generally, those types of exploits have limited access - they don't break the whole system open like B9S or an RCM jig.

Combine that with the existence of the RCM jig exploit, and most developers/exploiters are pretty content with leaving it at that for now. I believe there's a handful of options for patched Switches, too, so it's not as if modding your Switch is impossible.

(TLDR: RCM already exists, so no one cares, and you probably can't pirate through a savegame exploit, so would you really care?)

7. AnyIdeasOnANameForMe

Newcomer

Canada
    Yes, the main reason I wondered why the Switch has no dns or savegame exploits is so that mariko units could be jailbroken with no hardmods too.

Last edited by AnyIdeasOnANameForMe, Mar 19, 2021
  8. duckbill007

duckbill007 GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    Because switch OS has no errors in savegame or dns code unlike 3ds.

9. legendheaven

legendheaven GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Actually I already did it to access with save of breath of the wild goes to nintendo's browser but I can't share it you can check my old posts. Devs r too lazy and they don't care about it. They can earn money with chip... And I sold the method. My contract will end soon and I am thinking of starting a group and moving forward my project.

AnyIdeasOnANameForMe and BigOnYa like this.
  10. Jayro

Jayro MediCat Dev and Gameboy Modder
    Developer

United States
    We need a game dev on the inside that will leave a gamesave exploit unchecked on purpose. A third-party dev for sure. One that is privy to allowing homebrew and understands it's important in gaming.

11. fallguy441

fallguy441 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Based on if it is true what you are talking about:
    I am actually kind of surprised that the SX team did nothing with the exploit.
    If you can, please do, would be interesting to see what kind of exploit the game would have.

12. duckbill007

duckbill007 GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    Yes, and game's npdm signed by N should allow to acces to some critical services.

It will be better if someone inside N bring signing key to public.

Jayro likes this.
  13. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Australia
    Okay, think about it logically from nintendos standpoint, the wii, wiiu, 3ds had it, not sure about other ds family consoles, that had the ability to have save games on a sd card, were exploited via a save game exploit, when designing their new console, the switch, it technologically speaking is a very secure console and was only due to the RCM bug (nvidia's oversight) that we even had access to the console.

If the switch allowed saved games on microSD card it wouldn't take the community all too long to gain access to the console that way, in addition, most consoles that include a web browser were also subject to hacking and modding via the web browser, which in teh switches case is bare-bones and extremely locked down unless using a certian DNS that hijacks to show a basic web page. (this did lead to dejavu)

14. Jayro

Jayro MediCat Dev and Gameboy Modder
    Developer

United States
    Yes, but not until the Switch is unsupported.

15. Jokey_Carrot

Jokey_Carrot G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.

United Kingdom
    I'm still waiting for a company to break the cartridge security and start selling gateway, r4 type devices.

16. RednaxelaNnamtra

RednaxelaNnamtra GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    If I remember it correcly, save game exploits on the switch are near impossible, unless the stars align, because of address space randomisation and other precausions nintendo took.
    And even then a savegame exploit would only be the first layer, to do anything more usefull, you would need to be able to exploit other system components from there on. For custom firmware you would even need to pown areas, that are very tightly secured and carefully developed and written, for example the trustzone (from wich exosphere is a reimplementation), which has acording to sciresm no known exploitable vulnerbilities left.

17. Broduskii

Broduskii GBAtemp Regular

United States
    As others have stated, RCM has been around since before the switch was released (it was a known exploit on the Tegra chip). Since it could be loaded before even the OS it allows for a considerable amount of control. Something that save game/DNS exploits wouldn't necessarily have easy access too.
    There is Caffeine which is a DNS exploit, but it has since been patched. The same old cat and mouse game on any type save game/ DNS exploits from the 3DS.

18. AnyIdeasOnANameForMe

Newcomer

Canada
    From the replies, I think that nintendo's next console would not be hackable, right? Or only with modchip

19. wiiuepiccpu

wiiuepiccpu vanCFW tester

United States
    who knows tbh, but if i had to guess nintendo learned alot form their past consoles

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i feel like software hax is going to happen at some point, but right now, i dont think its going to happen

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

the problem is that so far there are no real ways to exploit it. If nintendo added a web browser and whatnot or saves on micro sd, im 99.99999% sure that something is going to come out of it

20. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    probably the reason for no web browser on the ps5. it mentions that in the ps5 faq like sony doesn't want the same thing to happen that happened on the ps4.

Maupiti and Scott_pilgrim like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - savegame, Exploit, Switch