Did my switch fry my microSD? (hekate fails to init or mount sd card)

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
When I came home earlier and picked up my switch for some more metroid I noticed it wouldn't wake and somehow ended up in RCM. No problem, we just send the payload and ...failed to init or read sd card?? Other cards get detected fine in the tools menu (but are not big enough to hold an emummc), and the fried card doesn't even seem to get aknowledged in any system I've tried it in except the switch (booting without an card results in the switch telling me to insert a card instead of failing init/read, so it knows theres something in there..))

What do I do? is this card 100% fried? That would suck, because of the emummc with my savegames and such and also because this card is my only 32+GB one :x

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, think we all been there, n know it sucks. Feel for you!

Maybe the only good from this is - SD cards are alot cheaper now, and bigger also.(I suggest SanDisk or Samsung) 32gb is ok but not much. Some games with updates push over 45gb. Here in USA, you can get 256gb cards for less than $35. Good time to update FW and jump to bigger card, and make a new emunand. Good luck!:grog:

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry, think we all been there, n know it sucks. Feel for you!

Maybe the only good from this is - SD cards are alot cheaper now, and bigger also.(I suggest SanDisk or Samsung) 32gb is ok but not much. Some games with updates push over 45gb. Here in USA, you can get 256gb cards for less than $35. Good time to update FW and jump to bigger card, and make a new emunand. Good luck!:grog:
both sys and emummc were up to date, the card was a samsung 128gb evo (a pretty new one even) and the biggest switch game to date still is BotW :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol