failed to init sd card

Smusher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, Ive been looking around the forums and can't find a good answer to my problem (I may have missed it). I have an OLED switch with an instinct-nx chip. Everything works ok with my 128gb sd card. I decided I wanted to upgrade to a 1tb card so I picked up a silicon power 1tb sdxc card, when I try to use it in the switch I get a "failed to init sd card" error from the instinct chip.

Things I have tried:
- Formatting the sd card to fat32 and exFAT with 32/64 cluster sizes (i've used guiformat / easeus / minitool / powershell)
- hwtest on sd card finished without errors ( Writing speed: 32.6 MByte/s + Reading speed: 37.4 MByte/s )
- tried hotswapping card in hekate to get sd card info with no luck ( couldn't read it )
- tried booting into stock to format sd card, it reads that a card was inserted and asks to reset, and then on reset if I skip instinct screen to stock firmware it hangs on switch logo screen

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...