Broken SD

grixir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So my SD card broke, and I only realised because when booting up Hekate i got the "failed to init SD card". My question is, what do I do?
I'm ok with all my lost data, but I do want to have my switch hacked again (otherwise it's just paperweight), so how do I proceed? Do I just follow the reentry guide? If so, from what point?
I'm so confused, thanks for the help

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, mb it's my first post. But it is physically broken
Maybe go and buy another microSD card. Make sure you get them from official retailers who sell genuine microSD cards and not some off-brand one from China.

Reactions: impeeza

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nah, the card breaking it was entirely my fault.
So, how did you manage to snap it in half/physically break it? If it was your fault, then its your responsibility, not mine.

Reactions: impeeza and DJPlace

grixir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Guys I know I have to buy a new Sd lmao, I already did. My question is what to do to that new SD? I don't have a backup

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guys I know I have to buy a new Sd lmao, I already did. My question is what to do to that new SD? I don't have a backup
You should've had a backup before-hand when you first modded your Switch. If you have lost it and have permanently modded files on the NAND, then its impossible to recover.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
always back up your files no matter what. if it's on a cloud storage usb stick ETC. i lost a lot of funny GIF's files on a laptop HDD and i'm pissed off about it.

• Wow
Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
always back up your files no matter what. if it's on a cloud storage usb stick ETC.
I prefer having a spare USB stick because its quicker to transfer my files there than cloud storage. Downsides to cloud storage is that, if that the service providing the storage shuts its operations, then its not possible to get those files back.

Reactions: DJPlace

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer having a spare USB stick because its quicker to transfer my files there than cloud storage. Downsides to cloud storage is that, if that the service providing the storage shuts its operations, then its not possible to get those files back.
good point when mega was a thing back in the later 2000's i hate some files there. then they got taken down and now there back up. i had a very rare arcade rom for Kaillera.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
good point when mega was a thing back in the later 2000's i hate some files there. then they got taken down and now there back up. i had a very rare arcade rom for Kaillera.
Oh my, I hope you have that ROM still on your backup drives somewhere. Because that would be bad to see a lost piece of media fade away into obscurity.

• Sad
Reactions: DJPlace

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: