vicicarus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you in advance for any and all help provided,

I was given a Switch Lite and it has a mod chip but no SD card. When I boot the system I get a "can't load payload" message, there is also an icon that looks like the Raspberry Pi logo with wings. I know I need to install a bootloader to launch the system. Can I follow any setup for a switch lite or do I need to follow a specific setup procedure for this version of the switch lite because of the mod chip version?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thank you in advance for any and all help provided,

I was given a Switch Lite and it has a mod chip but no SD card. When I boot the system I get a "can't load payload" message, there is also an icon that looks like the Raspberry Pi logo with wings. I know I need to install a bootloader to launch the system. Can I follow any setup for a switch lite or do I need to follow a specific setup procedure for this version of the switch lite because of the mod chip version?
You have a pico fly, create a SD Card, downloading latest Hekate from https://github.com/CTCaer/Hekate/releases and extract to the root of your card.

Then download latest Atmosphère and extract to the root of your card

last but no least download sigpatches from https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatc...kate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/post-10388870 and extract to the root of the card.

Rename the file «hekate_ctcaer_6.1.1.bin» on the root of your card as «payload.bin»
Post automatically merged:

Then while booting press VOL- to enter Hekate's NYX and using the tools format and prepare the card. then you can restar the console and start to install everything you need.
Post automatically merged:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Last edited by impeeza,

vicicarus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the replies @thesjaakspoiler and @impeeza,

Can I safely say that booting without an SD card can determine your hard mod chip(lite systems)?

@impeeza
Renaming the file «hekate_ctcaer_6.1.1.bin» on the root of the sd card as «payload.bin»
is this the condition that allows me to boot into atmosphere from a cold boot?

Last edited by vicicarus,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thank you for the replies @thesjaakspoiler and @impeeza,
You are welcome

Can I safely say that booting without an SD card can determine your hard mod chip(lite systems)?
Yes sir

@impeeza
Renaming the file «hekate_ctcaer_6.1.1.bin» on the root of the sd card as «payload.bin»
is this the condition that allows me to boot into atmosphere from a cold boot?
Nop, renaming «hekate_ctcaer_6.1.1.bin» allows you to boot Hekate from a Cold Boot, then using Hekate and their config file «Hekate_ipl.ini» file you can choose an autoboot configuration I just answered a question about the config of Hekate:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/post-10396022

vicicarus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you again for the reply @impeeza

Thank you for explaining the process of the setup. I wasn't too sure about using a hard mod. It's a bit easier with softmod hardware. Are all hard mod systems setup similar or do they vary per mod chip?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thank you again for the reply @impeeza

Thank you for explaining the process of the setup. I wasn't too sure about using a hard mod. It's a bit easier with softmod hardware. Are all hard mod systems setup similar or do they vary per mod chip?
The ModChip is ONLY A WAY TO RUN a PAYLOAD on patched systems, so is exactly the same, the only difference is on patched you send the payload to console vía USB, on modchip consoles, the process uses the file SDMC:/PAYLOAD.BIN as payload, but after that everything is the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol