Mr.Curlynose1

HI ASL PLS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dang it... I put in one funny thing (okay, a plethora of nonsensical funny things relating to TPi, Kyoji, and peeps in teh hood), and within seconds, the page goes back to blank with the notice about "This page meets Wikipedia's criteria for speedy deletion."

Wikipedia hates me
frown.gif

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
That was just asking for it though
wink2.gif

If you realistically don't want it to be deleted, plan it out beforehand to be factual and well written, and maybe, just maybe, it'll stay there.
Have a look at some of the articles for other sites.

TheStick

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wikipedia is no place for posting private jokes, of course it'll be deleted if you do so. And you might want to change the current article:

QUOTE said:
A very popular forum and news website related to the discussion of the Nintendo Gameboy Advance and Nintendo DS handhelds, as well as gaming in general. It is a great English source on the internet for all of your Gameboy Advance and Nintendo DS flash equipment information. It was founded by KiVan, but is now run by Costello and djgarf.

(more detailed info and history soon)

You don't say "(more detailed info and history soon)" on wikipedia. Instead you put the "this article is a stub" banner. And try to be neutral (look at the "great english source" sentence)
ph34r.gif

Suggestions:
Talk about the rom policy, the history (GBAtemp used to be a warez site, right?), try to post screenshots of the older versions of the website (archive.org ?), say that PSP discussion is also tolerated...And don"t forget to put links to other articles on the words (Nintendo DS, GBA...)
wink.gif

Come on everybody, get to work
laugh.gif

ReyVGM

Game Endings Master
Trophies
Website
www.vgmuseum.com
XP
Country
Good luck with that.
Someone put VGmuseum on wikipedia and I added a bunch of things and in less than a day the page was scheduled for deletion.
After a heated debate we emerged victorious.
The wiki accused of promoting, non notability, bloating and lots of other stuff.

They will probably delete the gbatemp wiki based on non-notability.
Pages added on wikipedia usually need to be notable in the sense that magazines and 'respectable' websites link to the page or mention it.

Dirtie

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

Squiffy

GBATemp's Little Embarrassment
Trophies
Website
pyon.co.uk
XP
Country
I don't think GBATemp should be on Wikipedia. It's just not interesting enough.
Even if you add in all the history, rom policy etc you've got to ask yourself, would anyone actually want to read this?
It doesn't belong in an encyclopedia.

djgarf

I Am A Raver
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
how weird

i was having one of my thinking sessions while sat on the toilet the other night (i do a lot of my thinking on the bog lol) and one of my random thoughts about creating a wiki for gbatemp then i come on here today and their is a post going on about it
smile.gif

speechless

Friend Of GBATemp
Trophies
Website
nongoodgba.kiczek.com
XP
Country
United States
i added a bit of detail to the gbatemp wiki, not sure if its note worthy or not, but at least the detail is accurate..
prolly a bit of info in it as well, that most members here never knew
cool.gif

edit: feel free to clean up my mistagging and clarify any shortcomings, have no idea how the meta-tags and syntax really work on wikipedia..

Dirtie

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You only have to provide a link for certain stuff when it is first mentioned in the article - not with every instance of it. eg. Game Boy Advance, Internet Relay Chat, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, I think i'm one too