Why not KaZaA?

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Moonlady, Nov 15, 2002.

Nov 15, 2002

Why not KaZaA? by Moonlady at 9:48 PM (2,167 Views / 0 Likes) 31 replies

1. Moonlady
    OP

Moonlady Newbie

All people that have rom please share them on KaZaA it's easyer then irc!
    irc gets me confused [​IMG]

2. stivsama

Member stivsama GBA-Tenchan

Hey Moonlady, you really a girl?... *blushes*
    i use Kazaa too, but some are afraid there's somekind of spyware in it (plus those ads) so.. no dice.. [​IMG]
    Also, kazaa dont speed up unless there's a whole lot of users who have the same filename willing to share to you.. it get's kinda crazy... [​IMG]
    see you in irc then! B)

3. khmeresco
    OP

khmeresco Newbie

if you do want to use kazaa. use kazaaLite, there are no ads, or spyware [​IMG]

4. jEEb

Member jEEb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    what they said [​IMG]

5. stivsama

Member stivsama GBA-Tenchan

is kazaalite... something you pay for? why the h*** does it have "lite" in it? wat's so "lite" about it? [​IMG] Kazaa does fine for me, mostly for mp3. B)

6. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] well unfortunately that means your PC is crawling with spyware now! [​IMG] [​IMG] kazaa lite is basically Kazaa with all the spyware taken out of it! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. LuxFerous

Member LuxFerous Advanced Member

United States
    kazaalite is a hacked version of kazaa that doesnt have spyware in it and it works just as good as kazaa.

8. Xerone

Member Xerone GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Kazaa Lite is the best B)
    I don't like IRC.[on Kazaa] if somebody shares there roms that would be better. I would but I only have like 20. [​IMG]

9. Jbish
    OP

Jbish Newbie

I wont even ask..

10. Jbish
    OP

Jbish Newbie

2 questions..... 1. where u get kazaa lite at? and 2. whats the biggest u can have ya ava?

11. LuxFerous

Member LuxFerous Advanced Member

United States
  12. Zanala
    OP

Zanala Newbie

Kazaa Rules!!

Kazaa is great P2P software!

I find everithing on Kazaa and for me the download speed is +- 75 Ko/s everytime (some time up to 150ko/s) so I'm happy.

13. PFunk
    OP

PFunk Newbie

14. Tee
    OP

Tee Newbie

another pretty decent fileshare program is soulseek, it's used primarily for music, although you can share any file type you wish. The chat option is also great, mIRC style chatting with a winMX/kazaa download system, the only real problem is you can't have OPs.

15. Shadow 2002
    OP

Shadow 2002 Newbie

Hmm....Kazaa is very dogey. Since you have a 'Shared Folder' People can access your PC and it slows down you computer easily. I've deleted it recently because of this.

16. mouse_uk
    OP

mouse_uk Newbie

...Hi guys, right good topic here [​IMG]. Firstly there is no need to be scared of IRC, i know some of you are. IRC, in my opinion, is perfectly safe. However i can't tell some of you that, you've already made up your minds [​IMG].

Kazaalite is the software to have, if you want kazaa atal. Kazaa is crawling with spyware. If you have Kazaa installed, download yourself a spyware scanner - Ad-aware is good - and watch in amazement as it detects all the shit in folders, memory, CPU etc.

I personally don't use Kazaa, it slows up your computer so much because it uses up your bandwidth in uploading files to other users. Imagine you have over 10 users at a time downloading files from you, it's so annoying.

IRC is the place for roms, get that and learn how to use it and you can't go wrong. People don't want the hassle of Kazaa, that's why it's not all that popular for rom sharing [​IMG]

17. greg
    OP

greg Newbie

only 20? if everyone with only 20 shared there would be way more on kazaa. even if you only have one n64 rom it still makes a diffrence.

18. Shadow 2002
    OP

Shadow 2002 Newbie

Nice speech Mouse! Very good indeed. And I totally agree with you! [​IMG]

19. ElPolloDiablo

Member ElPolloDiablo GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Good point mouse_uk, but I use Kazaa-lite and eDonkey all the time and it works fine for me. The latest roms I get on IRC simply because they are there the minute they are released and they are easy to download because the roms are pretty small. But if you're looking for larger files such as N64-roms, pc-games etc. use one of the programs mentioned above. Both programs can be set up to use only a small part of bandwith and if you use eDonkey with eMule you've got a hard to beat combination!

20. Unseen
    OP

Unseen Newbie

I have a question where can I get irc?????? or is it mIRC?