Why not KaZaA?

• Thread starter Moonlady
  • Start date
  • Views 3,436
  • Replies 31
M

Moonlady

OP
All people that have rom please share them on KaZaA it's easyer then irc!
irc gets me confused
wacko.gif

stivsama

GBA-Tenchan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey Moonlady, you really a girl?... *blushes*
i use Kazaa too, but some are afraid there's somekind of spyware in it (plus those ads) so.. no dice..
blink.gif

Also, kazaa dont speed up unless there's a whole lot of users who have the same filename willing to share to you.. it get's kinda crazy...
biggrin.gif

see you in irc then! B)

K

khmeresco

OP
if you do want to use kazaa. use kazaaLite, there are no ads, or spyware
unsure.gif

stivsama

GBA-Tenchan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
is kazaalite... something you pay for? why the h*** does it have "lite" in it? wat's so "lite" about it?
laugh.gif
Kazaa does fine for me, mostly for mp3. B)

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
is kazaalite... something you pay for? why the h*** does it have "lite" in it? wat's so "lite" about it?Â
laugh.gif
Kazaa does fine for me, mostly for mp3. B)
biggrin.gif
well unfortunately that means your PC is crawling with spyware now!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
kazaa lite is basically Kazaa with all the spyware taken out of it!
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

J

Jbish

OP
2 questions..... 1. where u get kazaa lite at? and 2. whats the biggest u can have ya ava?

Z

Zanala

OP
Kazaa Rules!!

Kazaa is great P2P software!

I find everithing on Kazaa and for me the download speed is +- 75 Ko/s everytime (some time up to 150ko/s) so I'm happy.

T

Tee

OP
another pretty decent fileshare program is soulseek, it's used primarily for music, although you can share any file type you wish. The chat option is also great, mIRC style chatting with a winMX/kazaa download system, the only real problem is you can't have OPs.

S

Shadow 2002

OP
Hmm....Kazaa is very dogey. Since you have a 'Shared Folder' People can access your PC and it slows down you computer easily. I've deleted it recently because of this.

M

mouse_uk

OP
...Hi guys, right good topic here
biggrin.gif
. Firstly there is no need to be scared of IRC, i know some of you are. IRC, in my opinion, is perfectly safe. However i can't tell some of you that, you've already made up your minds
rolleyes.gif

Kazaalite is the software to have, if you want kazaa atal. Kazaa is crawling with spyware. If you have Kazaa installed, download yourself a spyware scanner - Ad-aware is good - and watch in amazement as it detects all the shit in folders, memory, CPU etc.

I personally don't use Kazaa, it slows up your computer so much because it uses up your bandwidth in uploading files to other users. Imagine you have over 10 users at a time downloading files from you, it's so annoying.

IRC is the place for roms, get that and learn how to use it and you can't go wrong. People don't want the hassle of Kazaa, that's why it's not all that popular for rom sharing
frown.gif

ElPolloDiablo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
IRC is the place for roms, get that and learn how to use it and you can't go wrong. People don't want the hassle of Kazaa, that's why it's not all that popular for rom sharing
Good point mouse_uk, but I use Kazaa-lite and eDonkey all the time and it works fine for me. The latest roms I get on IRC simply because they are there the minute they are released and they are easy to download because the roms are pretty small. But if you're looking for larger files such as N64-roms, pc-games etc. use one of the programs mentioned above. Both programs can be set up to use only a small part of bandwith and if you use eDonkey with eMule you've got a hard to beat combination!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In like 2 hours I'll have 1Gbps Internet lol