Gaming Why Nintendo don't shines anymore (About 3DS content)?

dmztheone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokemon rumble blast, kingdo hearts ddd,mario kart 7, heroes of ruin,need for speed the run, mario tennis open, starfox 3d and much more

Sorry for this comment but only mario kart 7 and mario tennis open have some shine.
pokemon rumble blast is for people that like pokemon -- I played only Yellow and Shaphire. Really, I dont like it so much.
heroes of ruin and need for speed the run are good but it feels like something is missing.
kingdo hearts for me broke the formula.
Star fox is a great game, but is very short and I played a lot already =)
I really like in my library Super Mario 3D Land, Street Fighter 3DS Edition, Dead of Alive, Zelda OOT and Residend Revelations (of course are others, but I will not mention it).

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first thought reading this: Why is "shine" pluralized? It should be "Why doesn't Nintendo shine anymore?".

My second thought: Great, another Call of Duty fan. There's your problem. Innovation and Call of Duty do not really belong in the same thought process.

The 3DS has some gems, but it really isn't going to truly shine until the Wii U is released. That's the priority right now. Maybe after they do that linking eShop thing that's been discussed we'll see some new triple-A titles. However, bear in mind that Nintendo has 4 products to work on. The DSi, 3DS, Wii, and Wii U.

The DSLite is effectively End-of-Lifed. The DSi is still supported, for now. Another year, maybe 2 at most and it'll go too. Followed by the Wii, and I'd actually be surprised if they both didn't die at the same time.

The focus will then be on the 3DS and Wii U. In the meantime, Nintendo isn't like Sony or Microsoft. They do what they want, not what the masses think they need.

Give it time.

Reactions: 2 people

dmztheone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS CoD games were in full 3D. Although I don't think anyone wants to see a portable CoD unless it's Zombies. See Declassified.
Yeah. The correct is with better 3D graphics :) I see a great potential in 3DS because of the 3D and the stylus for the aim.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS CoD games were in full 3D. Although I don't think anyone wants to see a portable CoD unless it's Zombies. See Declassified.
Yeah. The correct is with better 3D graphics :) I see a great potential in 3DS because of the 3D and the stylus for the aim.

The thing is that CoD isn't really cut out for portable devices. Plus I really can't stand stylus aiming. I mean Zombies would work well but Activision keeps thinking that people just want a portable CoD that's about half as quality as the console ones.

dmztheone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first thought reading this: Why is "shine" pluralized? It should be "Why doesn't Nintendo shine anymore?".
Misspelled it.. after post I can not fix it =/

My second thought: Great, another Call of Duty fan. There's your problem. Innovation and Call of Duty do not really belong in the same thought process.
No.. I played only CoD 1, CoD 2 and Modern Warfare in DS. I liked the games, but I never had the chance to play it again..

The focus will then be on the 3DS and Wii U. In the meantime, Nintendo isn't like Sony or Microsoft. They do what they want, not what the masses think they need.
Yes, I respect Nintendo. Sony and Microsoft fight to have the same success like Nintendo, but really, why not put in the market in meanwhile a great game.. Fire Emblem could satisfy some gamers in this time for example (when I say same gamers, I say myself) :P

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I respect Nintendo. Sony and Microsoft fight to have the same success like Nintendo, but really, why not put in the market in meanwhile a great game.. Fire Emblem could satisfy some gamers in this time for example (when I say same gamers, I say myself) :P

You missed my point and agreed with me all in one. Sony and Microsoft bend over backwards to try and please people. Nintendo just does its own thing, and if people like it, it's a bonus.

No company can please everyone. Nintendo will release more games. You may or may not like them.

Meanwhile, in the time it took you to post, read replies, post again, you could have grabbed a few demos from the eShop and maybe found a game you like. Now, you are entitled to post and discuss with the rest of us. Hell, it's encouraged to have good discussions, But your opinions are just that, your opinions.

Maybe if enough like-minded opinions hammer Nintendo, they'll release a game you like, or maybe not. In any case, it won't happen quickly. Development costs, localization, marketing.......they aren't Activision or EA. Nintendo never has shit out sequels just because. They build most games from the ground up. (Well, except maybe Pokemon). How many first party Nintendo games license other game engines, like Unreal or Havok physics? Very few. That adds time, too.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I gotta be honest, I love my 3DS, but I only own 7 games, and only 4 of them are seriously good, and only 2 of them are must-haves, in my opinion. But as many others have said, give it time. It had a slow start, but it'll pick up eventually, I'm sure. Nintendo is just focused on the Wii U, so they're a bit busy right now. In a couple years, I'm sure people will be happy with the 3DS and will be complaining about the Wii U's library instead. :P

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Only game I'm interested in on the 3DS is Paper Mario.
But I'm not gonna rush out and buy it.

In my case, I find myself in a worse situation. The games I'm waiting still on my imagination - seriously. The games I wish were avalible would be:

- Metroid 3DS
- Call of Duty in full 3D (not like the DS versions)
- Some great RPGs (FFVI 3DS!! - I'm dreaming in this one)
- Golden Sun 3DS
- Among others ...
You want something new or you want all that old stuff recycled? I don't understand people who demand new stuff, then ask for remakes or sequels. It has no sense at all.

I think 3DS started investing on what DS do not delivered. DS has problems with racing and fighting games for example, but it has good RPG library. Maybe that's why we have 3 or 4 fighting games and 3 or 4 racing games since beginning and just now the RPGs are coming.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Like it was previously said in Japan there's plenty of games, the main problem is that a lot of publishers in EU and the USA aren't really interested in localising them, perhaps Atlus or Bandai themselves could bring a few of them (well, they already are, but there's still plenty more).

The genre that I like the most is RPG, because of that there's not many games that I really enjoy on the 3DS atm, however, I got my 3DS at launch and I knew the consequences of that, it takes a while for games to come so you can't do anything but wait, I'm still waiting for FE (which will be released only next year around Jan or Feb in Europe), Harvest Moon A New Beginning, Rune Factory, Virtue's Last Reward, Bravely Default, Dragon Quest Monsters, Etrian Odyssey, E.X. Troopers, Fantasy Life, Guild 01, Inazume Eleven Go (it'll eventually reach Europe like the others, but it'll take a while), Devil Summoner: Soul Hacker, SMT 4, SMT Persona (still no info on which one), Zone of Enders, etc...

There's a lot of good games that are either already released in Japan or still being made, some of them will eventually be available here so I don't really mind waiting knowing that I'll get those games later on, for now I'll just play games on other systems that I already own. =3

Raynar

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I myself have been holding off on buying games on the 3ds since most of them are reports. The latest game I've picked up was KH3D and enjoying it. I skipped MGS3 since I owned the ps2 version and the hd collection. Resident evil Revelations is something I plan on getting when the price is dropped at 20.00 3d land and the new super Mario 2 will pick up when I can. I wanna see my Atlus titles to be honest and or more square enix games. I kinda agree that eshop is lacking in great games. Nintendo has a huge opportunity open the back catalog of game boy games another handhelds to feed the masses while they wait for new content to come out the pipeline. But sadly their missing it.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To be honest I genuinely fucking hated 3D Land, and I think it should never be continued, ever.
Graphics are nice, and the mix between 3D and 2D is nice, but it's just boring after World 8.

Anyway back on-topic, OP, Nintendo's currently extremely busy with the Wii U, to the extent that they couldn't even work on NSMB2 and had to hire a new team. Give 'em some time. Once the Wii U's out and has a good amount of games to keep us occupied, it'll all be back on track.

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol the 3ds has only been out for about a year. Good games are coming. I mean just look at the games on the way: Paper Mario, Fire emblem, shin megami tensei IV, bravely default, 2 Professor Layton games, 2 Monster hunter games, Animal Crossing, Project X Zone, Etrian Odyssey IV, Castlvania, Luigi's Mansion, Time Travelers, Zero Escape, and many many many more. Plus we already have games like Legend of Zelda:Oot, Kid Icarus:Uprising, Kingdom hearts 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, NSMB2, Starfox 64 3D, Mario Kart 7, Mario Tennis and Final Fantay:Theatrhythm. And E-shop games like Pushmo, Mighty Switch Force, Dillon's rolling western, Mutant Mudds, Sakura Samurai, Art of Balance, Johnny Kung fu and Freaky Forms.

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If ya want I could go on and on!
I would have added Kid Icarus: Uprising to the list of current hits, btw. Mario Kart 7 and Street Fighter are pretty good, too. I would add Star Fox to the list as well, except the game is too darn short.

To be honest I genuinely fucking hated 3D Land, and I think it should never be continued, ever.
Graphics are nice, and the mix between 3D and 2D is nice, but it's just boring after World 8.
That's because of all the "replay value" (read: grinding) they added. I think they should continue the idea, but avoid all the stupid grinding and lack of any real replay value and secrets.
Anyway back on-topic, OP, Nintendo's currently extremely busy with the Wii U, to the extent that they couldn't even work on NSMB2 and had to hire a new team. Give 'em some time. Once the Wii U's out and has a good amount of games to keep us occupied, it'll all be back on track.
That's what I'm hoping.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Lol the 3ds has only been out for about a year. Good games are coming. I mean just look at the games on the way: Paper Mario, Fire emblem, shin megami tensei IV, bravely default, 2 Professor Layton games, 2 Monster hunter games, Animal Crossing, Project X Zone, Etrian Odyssey IV, Castlvania, Luigi's Mansion, Time Travelers, Zero Escape, and many many many more. Plus we already have games like Legend of Zelda:Oot, Kid Icarus:Uprising, Kingdom hearts 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, NSMB2, Starfox 64 3D, Mario Kart 7, Mario Tennis and Final Fantay:Theatrhythm. And E-shop games like Pushmo, Mighty Switch Force, Dillon's rolling western, Mutant Mudds, Sakura Samurai, Art of Balance, Johnny Kung fu and Freaky Forms.

Thanx for that post =)

I have had the best gaming time for many many years with mutant mudds and mighty switch force on my 3ds xl. i didnt have those kinds of magic moments on the DS =)

but yeah, the eshop should really have more games..

Reactions: 1 person

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
from what I understand is that you want that developers just throw as many games at us as they can? Okay I am fine with that but don't complain about LOW quality. Nintendo does not like rush jobs in general.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)