Hacking Why is Nintendo so dumb?

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
The DSi XL has only large LCDs and better battery life, no other hardware were changed - including increasing the buttons (it's still the same). The stylus was stretched longer.

so kids will still be off with a regular DSi if they don like large LCDs

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Sorry, I don't like playing my games with a dildo. Go compared the size of the DSi stylus to the DS Phat stylus.
LOL
rofl2.gif

For some reason I can't stop laughing...

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edge199715 said:
QUOTE said:
The DSi XL has only large LCDs and better battery life, no other hardware were changed - including increasing the buttons (it's still the same). The stylus was stretched longer.

so kids will still be off with a regular DSi if they don like large LCDs
You forgot a piracy fix.

I don't think the 'bigger screen' is necessarily out of line with what they've said. Remember that in Japan especially, there are tons of edutainment and training types of software. Many of them require a lot of reading, or input of complex characters via the touch screen. With a bigger screen this makes these kinds of games much easier to use and honestly probably reduces eye strain a lot. It's not easy to display a 10 or 15 stroke character as it is without the additional problem of it being relatively small.

I think the devices will probably segment. Eventually the DS Lite will be retired. The DSi will be the 'standard' model for children and those who want the portability. The DSi XL will probably be picked up more by the adult crowd. This kind of segmentation already exists in the cellphone market, with 'simplified' cellphones with bug buttons and limited features are fairly popular with the aging Japanese population. So it's not a totally new concept there.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
I like how everyone's speculating everything here, with nothing actually confirmed apart from a name and a few photos
smile.gif

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also, I read that there's going to be a special Nvidia graphic card in the dsi xl, so i guess the dsi xl can support better graphic games.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I said hardware not software. Im aware about the anti-piracy so i didnt forgot it. nothing was changed in the DSi XL. I know all about the DS.

Plus, Im not sure about this anti-piracy as it's the same as the current DSi. time will tell if our flashcarts are useless in the DSi XL model

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knarf said:
1. I already own a DSi
2. I don't really need a bigger screen
3. The battery life hasn't been a problem for me
4. I can't afford it

1. I already own a DSi too
2. I need a bigger screen
3. The battery life has been a pain for me
4. I can afford it
I feel this way and many others might too
tongue.gif

Scorpin200 said:
QUOTE([BnC]Mitchell @ Nov 6 2009, 01:26 AM)
Why do you even care if they're making smething you don't like? Just forget about it.

Don't try to understand some people just can't think for them selves, so this is a sort of a way to do that even though it's pointless in the end.

OK, i guess.

I wanna buy the DSi LL/XL when it comes out in North America, if it ever does.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
doyama said:
Remember that in Japan especially, there are tons of edutainment and training types of software. Many of them require a lot of reading, or input of complex characters via the touch screen. With a bigger screen this makes these kinds of games much easier to use and honestly probably reduces eye strain a lot. It's not easy to display a 10 or 15 stroke character as it is without the additional problem of it being relatively small.

The DS/DSi resolution is 256x192. All DS and DSi games run in this resolution and I don't think Ninty will have included higher res screens with a decent way of filtering. Even if they do increase the screen-res all DS games will still run in 256x192 so any better quality is instantly scuppered. I'd say it'll be even harder to read due to pixel stretching, stair-stepping on 3D games will be greatly increased

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...