Hacking Why is Nintendo so dumb?

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Im not going to argue anyone here, ok?

The PSP has so many revisions that it's almost as close to being a useless piece of shit. look at the DS to DSi compare to PSP 2000 to 3000 to go.

Anyway, I have some money to buy so it doesnt affect me. All I care is that I know what's hot and what's not.

The next DSi is a good one - more battery life.

Oh, did I mentioned that there's a PSP4000 next year? what's the PSPgo's purpose again?

Nintendo are not dumb, Sony are.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Chris_Skylock said:
The PSP has so many revisions that it's almost as close to being a useless piece of shit.
How do you figure that? They all still play the same games. There's no magical game-enhancing hardware in the 3000 series, no 3000-exclusive titles, and no "backwards compatibility" issues. It's the exact same console. Reads the same media, plays the same games, uses the same memory cards. How is it any more useless or useful now than it was to begin with?

It's like saying the PS3 is a useless piece of shit because there's a Slim version out now.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chris_Skylock said:

The PSP has so many revisions that it's almost as close to being a useless piece of shit. look at the DS to DSi compare to PSP 2000 to 3000 to go.

Anyway, I have some money to buy so it doesnt affect me. All I care is that I know what's hot and what's not.

The next DSi is a good one - more battery life.

Oh, did I mentioned that there's a PSP4000 next year? what's the PSPgo's purpose again?

Nintendo are not dumb, Sony are.

No offense, but you're coming off as a clearly biased DS fanboy.

The PSP Go was an awful decision, but you shouldn't go about the PSP models and calling them "dumb". By your reasoning, the DS Lite is "dumb" because it's simply an enhancement of the DS Phat.

The PSP Go mainly was a horrific idea because of its lack of backward compatibility with previous PSP models and its price. If the price drops by at least $100 and they offer some way to gain digital copies of your old PSP games (such as entering a specific code that each individual game has), then it may very well be a true opposition to the DSi.

Sony aren't dumb by any means. Sure, the PSP Go may easily be the flop of the year, but they've made smart economic decisions. The PS3 Slim brought the console in a competitive price range with the 360 and Wii. Considering that the thing that kept the PS3 from being a true economic winner like the PS2 was the expensive price, this decision was genius. I think PS3 sales have never been higher, actually. Nintendo's idea for the DSi XL was basically just to convince oblivious DS fanboys, such as yourself, who bought the DSi to fork out the cash for another model. Before you know it, you'll realize you've bought 3-4 DS models from Nintendo (if you bought a DS Phat, then Lite, then DSi, then DSi XL). It's a smart move that plays off the obliviousness of people. If you're someone like myself, whose sticking firmly with his awesome DS Phat, then this may be a good alternative to a next DS model.

Most of your reasoning is "PSP is dumb and Sony sucks". It's a fanboy argument that doesn't hold up in court.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Between all the DS version out there.... the DS lite should be the best... BUT

The negatives:
Phat: Big, old, not bright
Lite: Cracks, touch screen, battery
DSi: No gba, battery, antipiracy
DSi XL: no gba even though big enough, size, useless

I like both Sony and Nintendo (got consoles from both except ps3)
I hate microsoft (my freakin xbox 360 was pissing me off)

Nintendo is doing a good decision as they realized more people in the eldery range buy DS and use it to train them selves (flash focus, brain age, big brain academy, rythmn heaven,...)

You guys only see the negative of everything X_x

Fiesty Panda

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand why Nintendo is releasing this, it IS a really smart move, the title was just an attention grabber, and me venting a little bit. They aren't dumb per say, Nintendo's just that friend you had in 4th grade that hung out with you for 20 years just so he could fuck your mom. It blows.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Fiesty Panda said:
that friend you had in 4th grade that hung out with you for 20 years just so he could fuck your mom. It blows.
...yeah. If he can persist that long, and wait for 20 years for a chance to do it with a lady in her mid fifties, more power to him.
rolleyes.gif

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why can't we just buy a console and criticize the people who made and not criticize other gaming consoles that you most likely don't own.

In fact why don't we all just play the fucking games and worry about new consoles when they actually come out and have something useful.

The DSi LL/XL has nothing new, there is no reason you HAVE to buy it. Seriously if you don't like the concept don't fucking buy it.

This is the original DSi's announcement all over again. Oh I also remember my friends and other people online ranting over how useless the DS Lite is...but oh look almost everyone has one now >.>

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Chris_Skylock said:

The PSP has so many revisions that it's almost as close to being a useless piece of shit.
Noooooo. You lied.

QUOTE(Chris_Skylock @ Nov 6 2009, 02:41 AM) Oh, did I mentioned that there's a PSP4000 next year? what's the PSPgo's purpose again?
I think Sony was taking a big chance on the PSPGo. The PSPGo was supposed to change everything.

But Sony is clearly blind. When they saw that their plan backfired, they decided, "Screw this, let's go back to producing things that'll make money."

Nintendo is smart. People who are going to buy the DSi XL are dumb.

The DSi XL cannot be considered an "upgrade" in any sense of the word. Sure, there are bigger screens, and bigger styluses. But it's also bulkier and more expensive.

Whatever happened to portable devices? I'm not too sure I understand Nintendo's logic here.

After this, they're probably going to release a DS with a same size screen as the DSi XL, but smaller. I can't back up that statement, that's just what Nintendo has done all this time. First, you have the Phat, which was horrendously ugly and clunky. Nintendo decides that smaller is better, and makes a few improvements to the DS, which gave us the DSL. Nintendo decides it's not enough, continues to miniaturize the DS, adds a camera to it and calls it the DSi. I don't know what happened. Nintendo must have had a change in management, to suddenly decide that bigger is better. My DSL+pouch combination can hardly fit in my pocket as it is. I can't imagine what it would be like with a DSi XL.

P.S. To all those who say "If you don't like it, don't buy it," I say if you don't like it, don't read it. Better yet, don't comment at all.

Ah it was worth a try.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
benjaminlibl said:
P.S. To all those who say "If you don't like it, don't buy it," I say if you don't like it, don't read it. Better yet, don't comment at all.

Ah it was worth a try.

Seriously people don't need to be freaking out over the DSi LL/XL, it presents nothing new and they'll still be supporting the DSi, so there's no reason to call Nintendo dumb. It was just a way to pull in money until the next better iteration of their handheld or console comes out.

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
DeltaBurnt said:
Seriously people don't need to be freaking out over the DSi LL/XL, it presents nothing new and they'll still be supporting the DSi, so there's no reason to call Nintendo dumb. It was just a way to pull in money until the next better iteration of their handheld or console comes out.
Delta, I wasn't aiming at you.

I'm not freaking out about the DSi XL, nor do I think Nintendo is dumb. Didn't I make myself pretty clear? Nintendo is making a console that will cost more, which means more profits for them. Even if it's overpriced, which it is, people are going to buy it. Good for Nintendo; they have to make bread somehow, and they found a good way to do it.

I never supported the DSi in the first place, so forgive me for not showing enthusiasm about the DSi XL.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I was pretty excited about DSi and got it as soon as I could (a few weeks after it came out)

For the PSP, I wanted the latest one so I got 3000 but now I regret not having the 2000 cuz i i can't hack it...

I really don't care about the DSi ll I JUST WANT TO TRY IT
unsure.gif

Knarf

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Personally before reading this topic I did think the DSi XL was a craptastic upgrade, but then after reading this I agree it was a good idea. Sure part of the reason for the upgrade is to make more money, and trick current DSi owners into thinking their DSi is obsolete, but the other reason is a good one. The DSi XL is great for younger kids, and older people. The bigger screen makes it easier for older people to see. The bigger buttons make it easier for younger and older people to use, as they can be seen better. The battery life is good for everyone, younger kids because they are probably not going to remember to charge it, us because it just makes it more portable (yes I said MORE portable), and older people because their memory might not be as good as it used to. If Nintendo makes the console more durable then it's another plus for younger kids, because let's face it, little kids don't know how to take care of things. I personally won't be buying a DSi XL for a few reasons...

1. I already own a DSi
2. I don't really need a bigger screen
3. The battery life hasn't been a problem for me
4. I can't afford it

I'm not the kind of person who upgrades right away. When the GBA first came out I got a GBC, when the GBASP came out I got a GBA, then a few years later got the SP on eBay. When the DS came out I got it (first day of release, still have it to this day), when the DS lite came out I didn't do jack, because the lite was pointless to me, when the DSi came out I got it because I figured it was time to upgrade from my DS phat. I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't like to upgrade just because it's the newest thing. I mean sure it's nice to have the improvements from the newest thing, but if it's not a necessity then I don't mind having an older version. I still have a PSP2000. Sure the 3000 is finally hackable, and has a "better" screen, and better AV/out and a built in mic, but I still prefer the 2000 over the 3000. Now come the 4000 if it's got major updates like dual joysticks, faster internet, built in HD, still supports UMD, and possibly a bit smaller in size (screen can shrink, I don't mind) then I might get it, but just updating to the newest thing just because it's new is stupid.

Overall this was a smart move for Nintendo. Not only is it a money maker, but it's also helpful to those who need it. Sure the price tag of $250 is expensive, but if you need it for the reasons posted before then that's great get it! But if you don't need the bigger screen, or better battery, then either stick with your DS lite, or DSi.

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
[BnC said:
Mitchell]
Why do you even care if they're making smething you don't like? Just forget about it.

Don't try to understand some people just can't think for them selves, so this is a sort of a way to do that even though it's pointless in the end.

BastarB

Trophies
XP
Country
I actually was a little surprised that they will release another DS version. But I think that's like a little tradition in the handheld market of nintendo to release many versions of basically the same system. They are not dumb, as other said, they just trying to get your attention to buy the new console in other words they want to get your money, but if you don't wont to buy this, then don't
smile.gif

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BastarB said:
I actually was a little surprised that they will release another DS version. But I think that's like a little tradition in the handheld market of nintendo to release many versions of basically the same system. They are not dumb, as other said, they just trying to get your attention to buy the new console in other words they want to get your money, but if you don't wont to buy this, then don't
smile.gif
I don't care about revisions of an existing system, but the fact that a lot of interesting exclusive games are being released for the DSi pisses me off.
As well as the fact that the hardware itself is hardly better, which in my eyes makes the DSi more of a DS firmware update you pay 180$ for, rather than a more comfortable or portable version of the DS Lite.
And don't forget the fact that the DSi is the very first handheld ever to feature a region-lock. Way to go, Nintendo.

By now it should've become obvious that they want nothing but our money, but that doesn't mean they don't have to earn it somehow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.