Why is my Shovel Knight treasure trove .cia not installing?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by desrone2, May 21, 2017.

1. desrone2
    OP

desrone2 GBAtemp Regular

May 2, 2015
    Canada
    i grabbed the shovel knight .3ds, and then the treasure trove .cia, but the cia does not install, it goes 'til 99% then fails. Do I have to name it the exact same name as the .3ds file for them to install? Not sure what else could be wrong, they're both USA region

Last edited by porkiewpyne, May 21, 2017
  2. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 20, 2005
    if you are using Gateway then it will fail at 99% if the cia is not compatible with GW

3. desrone2
    OP

desrone2 GBAtemp Regular

May 2, 2015
    Canada
    I tried even installing the usa update just now from a different download, also failing..this is a new thing for me as updates usually install just fine, ugh.. any informed person able to explain why/ how i can get this to work without telling me to get luma (because i'm not taking that risk)

4. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 20, 2005
    another way to install non gw compatible cia would be boot to rxtools then install it from there

5. TheDarkGreninja

TheDarkGreninja How could you hate that face?

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    What risk? There's barely any now. If you're worried about a 1% brick chance then you really should be worried about the plane that might just crash above your head in the next ten seconds.