Homebrew Why is my 2ds charging system not working (motherboard problem)?

PauMB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, I once opened my 2ds to see what's inside and close it again (didn't touch anything). However, after that the battery i had didn't charge, so after the battery ran out I couldn't start the console, even if it was plugged in. I searched a bit and bought a new battery since some forums said it could be a problem of the battery, but it had the same result: it worked until the battery ran out. Checking the motherboard i found that where the battery should be charging it only gives like 1.2V, so that should be the reason why is not charging at all. I tried to find where was the problem but couldn't find anything, and the images of the motherboard i found on the internet are a bit different from mine, probably because mine is PAL region. Anyway here's my motherboard. I noticed that there's some weird thing that is connecting two wires (marked with a blue arrow) and all things marked with a red circle are connected between them, and i don't know if that's normal. Thanks for the help!

Front of the motherboard: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/730681449950216246/746386243834871902/IMG_20200821_111215.jpg
Zoomed and marked the problems: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/730681449950216246/746386276491722822/IMG_20200821_111227.jpg
Back of the motherboard (if it is important): https://media.discordapp.net/attach...46/746386263740907671/IMG_20200821_111148.jpg

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The second and third pictures are exactly the same, just to point it out. If you can, please upload the one that's missing (the back of the board), thanks.

You won't get a full batttery charging voltage reading on the battery connectors if the battery is not connected and charging.

There is something called "hardware revisions", where some issues are solved and components are removed/added and the placing of them is also modified somehow, that's why the pictures you saw are diferent from the ones you've taken.

Ok, now into the problem. You need to check that all connectors are securing correctly the flat cables inside them, sometimes they get loose and don't make good contact on the connector pins.

PauMB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
ok, the last link should be now correct. how can i check the connections? i already checked every possible connection between the battery and the plug, and the only relevant things are those 2 pieces connected between them and that the last connector of the 3 (battery) is connected to the last connection of the plug but not entirely (maybe it doesn't make good contact of it has to be like that because the cable sends 5V and the battery runs at 3.7V, and maybe there's too much resistance in the middle?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up