Hacking Why don't vcromclaim's outputs fit checksum? (super mario world specifically)

ZoomerZame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See I've put my wii's nand through vcromclaim and been playing a lot of Mario World.
I've heard that vcromclaim was supposed to reinject the audio to make snes roms fit checksums, but apparently it hasn't worked. I want to play some romhacks but the patches never work on vcromclaim's smw rom. Also no, I don't want to just download the rom, I'm against that sort of thing.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Are you using the official Super Mario World WAD (launched in 2006)? For extract original ROM of the VC game with the sound, first extract the 00000005.app file with an U8 Tool (i use HowardC U8 Tool v10.1), then take the *.rom file and *.pcm files and recompile it with Plombo's vcromclaim tool "snesrestore.py" (it requires Python 2.7) in CMD by running this command: python snesrestore.py [ROM_file].rom [PCM_file].pcm [Outputed_ROM].smc
Example:
python snesrestore.py JAAE.rom JAAE.pcm SuperMarioWorld.smc
Now, for inject a SMW romhack to a WAD, use original Super Mario World WAD or DKC2: Diddy's Kong Quest WAD by using Auto InjectuWAD Injector or Devilken VC iNJECTOR instead of injecting it manually, so you save time and also in 99% percent your injection of your SMW romhack works.
Greetings ;)

ZoomerZame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I used vcromclaim's automatic method thing (wiimetadata.py) and it automatically applies snesrestore.py I thought. Either way I again followed your method and it still unfortunately does not fit the checksum. I skipped checksums on my rom patcher and the romhack still will not work (just stays on a black screen and never starts, ive attempted a few rom hacks and they failed so its not this specific hack, also the rom patcher is not at fault as it's worked for other games, also ive tried a few different rom patchers)
But in terms of what SMW WAD I did get it from the wii shop channel a few years ago and then used yet another blue dump mod to dump it.

EDIT: just changed and added things because im very paranoid and cant settle on a message lol

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Try using uCON64 (http://ucon64.sourceforge.io) for fix the checksum of the outputed SNES ROM.
Usage on CMD: ucon64.exe --snes --chk ROMNAME.smc
Example:
ucon64.exe --snes --chk SuperMarioWorldVC.smc
Once ran this command and finished its work, the new ROM is the same ROM before fix but with the checksum fixed and the old ROM with bad checksum is renamed with extension *.bak.
Tell me if that worked
Greetings ;)

ZoomerZame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the program you sent and ran the command with my rom and the checksum does still not match.
ucon64 output checksum: 29dc843cb304a119729f1bb8e4c53679
SMW checksum (I copied from a website): CDD3C8C37322978CA8669B34BC89C804
After trying to apply some romhacks, none of them started (Using Snes9X, romhack said it had no problems with snes9x).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...