Why does everyone seem to hate Nickelback?

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
They're definitely not as bad as say, Nicki Minaj, Lil Wayne, Justin Bieber, etc., but their sound is so generic, and their singer has that shitty grunty, moaning sound that's way too common in modern rock bands, like Theory of a Deadman, who are way worse than Nickelback.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's just one of those memes where people like to incessantly perpetuate something as being bad, they do this for the sake of amusement like it's some insider joke or something.
People do this with various things, Nickelback, the Star Wars prequels, Justin Bieber, etc.

I really don't like how people do this, as it oftern gives onlookers the wrong impression of people actually having a true opinion of the thing they're pretending to dislike.
(It happens with liking/hyping up things too though, such as bacon, Nutella, Angry Birds, rainbows & the Hunger Games.)
Plus it can give so much attention to the 'thing' that it seems odd. Like people talk about things they pretend to dislike for the amusement factor, and they continue doing so after the thing would otherwise be irrelevant.
Really annoys me when it comes down to it.
Do you enjoy the Star Wars prequels

Reactions: 1 person

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
383474_348695695178115_283813164999702_878667_985902714_n.jpg

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ha ha ha, thanks for that Devin!
Honestly I hate all bands that write music just for the sake of making money.
There's no truth or feeling behind a lot of bands once they've released a couple albums.
This is the same reason why I am tired of Foo Fighters, honestly they haven't released anything good in over 10 years.

That being a given, plus any band that just plays power chords with a guy trying to make his voice deep and raspy is lame.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
To be honest, some people genuinely hate them, but many are probably bandwagon jumpers. Those that say 'OMG I LUV NICKELDERP I R ROCKER' are most probably not very deep into the rock scene, because it's frowned upon to like Nickelback. I mean every time there's a Nickelback article on a news site, the comments are mostly people making fun of Nickelback.

Personally I don't like them because of their repetitive and generic music plus Chad Kroeger 's terrible voice, but to be honest I haven't heard a lot and I don't really hate hate them. I mean if you want to listen to grungey rock, there's Alter Bridge. Not the best band either, but their guitarist is better than Nickelback's and Miles Kennedy is miles better than Chad Kroeger.

Also: http://www.aux.tv/2011/11/nickelblock/

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can only speak for myself...

I enjoyed Nickelback's first album. After that, everything just started sounding exactly the same...

Also, I don't like any of the bands who are trying to replicate Eddie Vedder's voice 20 years too late (which is pretty much every band out right now...). They've picked a fantastic singer to look up to but nobody wants to listen to them try to sing when Vedder does it better.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason I hate them is that every song I've heard them do is atrocious. Not only that but they are also atrocious to look at as well, when you see them in interviews they're up their own arseholes and they cannot take a joke either.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason I hate them is that every song I've heard them do is atrocious. Not only that but they are also atrocious to look at as well, when you see them in interviews they're up their own arseholes and they cannot take a joke either.

inorite? I mean, are leather pants really necessary?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another thing, you know you get songs where you just can't fucking stand, like ones by James Blunt, Mika etc after four or so years...they don't grate as much, you still don't like them but you don't want to rip you're ears off when they come on. Nickelback...well I feel the same when they come on now as I ever did, probably more so.

One of the biggest rockbands in the world.
So there most be some people that like what they do...
Hitler was immensely popular and is still a influence among racists and wankers.

I'm not saying Nickelback are as bad as Hitler though at least he had the common decency to kill himself.

:lolitsjustajokeliketheydoontopgear:

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another thing, you know you get songs where you just can't fucking stand, like ones by James Blunt, Mika etc after four or so years...they don't grate as much, you still don't like them but you don't want to rip you're ears off when they come on. Nickelback...well I feel the same when they come on now as I ever did, probably more so.

One of the biggest rockbands in the world.
So there most be some people that like what they do...
Hitler was immensely popular and is still a influence among racists and wankers.

I'm not saying Nickelback are as bad as Hitler though at least he had the common decency to kill himself.

:lolitsjustajokeliketheydoontopgear:
Like for TG reference XD

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Nickelback sucks dick. Straight up, dawg.

They asked the crowd if they would like some rock'n'roll.

Looks like *puts on sunglasses

Nickelback got the rock.

yyyyyyeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q