Why are 14-24 year olds fascinated by a 73 year old man?

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1. why is this not in edge of the forum
2. literal flame bait because you know exactly how this thread is going to go
why are you so obsessed about politics on a video game related site? Consider this an experimental comment.

notimp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
And DBlaze has destroyed everything that was intended with this thread.

Give yourself a round of applause.

This thread would have been mostly ignored by everyone - because people don't like to confront their self images. Then I would have made one followup post with "experiment failed - I guess thats why we have to have immigration as the premier topic in the 2019 election process - because thats an old mans idea of whats important in his version of a society". And then that would have been ignored.

But no - DBlaze had to fuck me over with his frightful image, that this would have been flame bate - and destroy the politics forums' fake consensus of "oh so sad there was a mass shooting again" and "I don't like foreign people".

Boy you all suck.

Provocation is all bad in your idea of how the world should work.

If anything is even borderline provocative - and trust me, I would have tried to actually reign in the potential for this thread to get out of control, it has to be put in its secluded forum - where only the extreme opinions can be found.

That sucks.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You ruined it. You understand that. You ruined it.

Last edited by notimp,

notimp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Also - let me make an additional point - what you think of "potentially flame baiting" opinions, is strangely lobsided by forum conventions as well.

Because if I post the most outrageous, xenophobic stuff - in a headline, barely covered in ambiguity, that I might not understand what is wrong about it - I can have my 5 threads going in the political subforum - no problem at all.

But asking people, why they actually like old peoples 'end of life' political phantasies, to the point - where every third topic in the political subforum has "what would trump do" attached to it, topical or not, of course is too much for a more general political discussion forum.

No, thats out of line.

Last edited by notimp,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As said septuagenarian also happens to be the nominal leader* of a major world power (one many of said same are citizens or residents of no less), said world power providing a lot of things they are interested in, has taken steps to work against some things they are interested in, and for those that take an interest in the world outside the more narrow interests also often clash with ideals there then it seems reasonable to pay attention to them as a potential actor for change if nothing else.

As for thinking he is politics then is he not? Unless you mean to say they think he represents politics in its entirety (or near as is reasonable to say that), which I have seen some do in the past but not widely.

*dude seems to be one of the most inclined to flaunt said power and attempt to test its limits in quite a while. Seems however to be blocked most steps of the way, ultimately then achieving not a lot, thus one wonders what practical powers they have but possibly a different discussion there.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*