Legend
OP
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
yes lacius but imagine u being in a class doing an exam for 3hrs (say mathematics)...
one genius guy finishes the assignment in 1hr and the others finish in 2-3hrs but all of them pass
now, when its time to award randomly someone from those who passed, who definitely deserves something (keep in mind that finishing fastest was not a criteria for passing the exam) for his excellence at the subject

as the poll says, "no, a redraw is more fair" therefore to say 'yes' is an act of kindness *its christmas times*

D

Deleted_171835

shakirmoledina said:
yes lacius but imagine u being in a class doing an exam for 3hrs (say mathematics)...
one genius guy finishes the assignment in 1hr and the others finish in 2-3hrs but all of them pass
now, when its time to award randomly someone from those who passed, who definitely deserves something (keep in mind that finishing fastest was not a criteria for passing the exam) for his excellence at the subject

as the poll says, "no, a redraw is more fair" therefore to say 'yes' is an act of kindness *its christmas times*
Let me change that a bit.
Let's say Class A does a 1 hour exam and Person A completes it in 30 minutes. The rest of the class completes it in an hour. The bell rings and another class comes in and does the same exam. Person B from Class B also completes it in 30 minutes yet the teacher awards Person A simply because he did the exam first. It would be unfair.

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hunter291 said:
shaunj66 said:
No. It's NOT a race. That would be unfair due to time zone differences.

I am not giving out anymore information.

This
biggrin.gif

I like boobs

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
but it is NOT A RACE. if it was i race, i would say give it to him. but this is a RANDOM price giveaway. first to finish it =/= get a prize. race =/= random. boobs =/= ass

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shakirmoledina said:

If all of the students received the same grades, then the genius is being awarded for finishing the fastest, which makes speed a criteria. Likewise, the award is an award for excellence; the Wood R4i Gold in question is a prize to be won in a drawing.

I agree that it would be great for Rowan to receive an award for finishing the hunt first. However, it is my opinion that the award should not be taken from the raffle prizes. It takes away from the probability of winning that was promised to all who finished the game.

Also, what SoulSnatcher said.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
are we factoring in any of the other winners that might have posted a desire/want to forfeit their prize, since 'doing it for the challenge' seems to be the case for one? This topic goes on and on and on, like a perpetual rickroll.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
ok, so who has a NDSFire card they will send to blendtech?
tongue.gif

Piracy, will it blend?

EDIT:

ohgod, I'm frightened now. Come March, that madman WILL blend a 3ds
ohnoes.png
>

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I say no simply because the admins already clearly stated that finishing earlier gives no advantage whatsoever.
I don't expect them to take back their word.

If they had said that whoever finished first would definitely win a prize, then maybe someone else would have finished first. I don't know about anyone else, but I did not complete this contest in one sitting, I took many breaks to refresh my mind.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Adr990 said:
To Rowan, he was the first.
Just give him that little appraticement. I mean, second and third don't matter, just give it to the one who fingured it first.
It's really more fair imho.
I was third and I won an R4i anyway.
smileipb2.png

I dunno...redraw?
unsure.gif

Rowan

Trophies
XP
Country
lol didnt notice this whole discussion. I find it quite humorous how annoyed people are getting
biggrin.gif
but really glad to be getting the R4i
yaypsp.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhm, how were the prizes given out again?

Well, if the mods already stated that this wasn't a race, what reason would people in other time zones have to rush to finish it? I say give it to him. He obviously had the skill and dedication to finish it as quickly as he did, so why not reward him for doing it in this record time. This goes double because it was specifically stated that it was not a race, yet he spent two hours (Possibly with out breaks) with his eyes practically glued to the screen.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Argentum Vir said:
Uhm, how were the prizes given out again?

Well, if the mods already stated that this wasn't a race, what reason would people in other time zones have to rush to finish it? I say give it to him. He obviously had the skill and dedication to finish it as quickly as he did, so why not reward him for doing it in this record time. This goes double because it was specifically stated that it was not a race, yet he spent two hours (Possibly with out breaks) with his eyes practically glued to the screen.

The point is that it's possible that someone who WOKE UP 5 hours later than Rowan started and finished the competition and less time. We just don't know!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work