Who is a fan of Dragonball/Z/Super

AD630

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've been a fan since 2009, and part of the online message boards since 2011. Dragon Ball Part 1 is my favourite, followed by Z. I tend to agree with consensus that DBZ kinda gets sloppy after the Freeza arc in terms of storytelling and quality, but the Android and Cell stuff is actually my favourite. Dragon Ball GT kinda sucks, but if you can power through the first 18 or so episodes, it becomes enjoyable. I gave up on Dragon Ball Super way back in like 2016 because I didn't like how the first two arcs are just poor remakes of the DBZ movies from the time. I might pick it up again.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And lets also not forget either that Pilaf used to be called El Marciano (The Martian)
Oh man, that just reminded me of the Martian from Cartoon Network. 😆

1115px-Marvin_the_Martian.svg.png

And there was a flash game of Marvin the Martian which can still be played via Flashpoint.

That music sure brings memories.

Coolsonickirby

Trophies
Website
coolsonickirby.com
XP
Country
United States
He isnt a db fan in general
me with FighterZ as my second most played game of all time (that I can keep track of, if not that then it'd be BT3 most likely as first) and DB OG + Z being one of the first few animes I've started with and one of the few I revisit from time to time:

Dragon Ball Z is just fine?
yea. personally not a fan of the original Z's pacing, but Kai's makes it a more bearable. There are a few moments which I think are standouts, however, as an overall view, Z is just average (better than One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, and most other Shonuens, but underwhelming compared to Jujitsu Kaisen and PEAKTAMA BABYYYYYYY, PEAKEST OF THE PEAKS.)

Overall, I wouldn't say I'm the BIGGEST DB fan, however, I still consider it a series I like (espicially with most of its games being fun,)

(had this written earlier today but forgot to post it til now lol)

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The final trailer of Sparking! ZERO will be out tomorrow. I'm so thrilled for it. :)

English

Japanese

As much as I like SZ, there's one thing I seriously hate... The cover. It looks so mediocre and sure as heck they could have done a better job.

81QsM5cNn5L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, my Kami-sama, this game is a love letter for the Dragon Ball Z fans. I'm gonna have a blast just with the base content. 🤩

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a remaster of the official version of limit break x survivor in the latino dub featuring its singer and it sounds better tuned than before

The team Proyecto Dragon Ball Fan Dub used to make amazingly professional covers, but seems they stopped.

Here's DBS OP1:

Btw, watched DBS SH yesterday for a 2nd time and I actually enjoyed it a lot!

1st time - 4/10
2nd time - 8.5/10

Reactions: Xdqwerty

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know where I could watch Kai with Z's latino dub voices and yamamoto's soundtrack?
Never seen that anywhere although I'd guess someone has done it.

Latin Spanish dub synched with the Kai series and Kai music... That'd be pretty awesome.

I've seen watching the Castillan Spanish dub of Kai with the Yamamoto score (thanks to the fans who inserted it back) and been loving it. Superb dub this time around. :)

There's just one Kai dub I'm still waiting for: Ocean Kai Dub.

The Spanish took 15 years to get around to get the rights to Kai and finally dub it so I don't mind waiting for the Ocean Kai dub which is reportedly complete, just not released anywhere.

Xdqwerty

Wut
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Never seen that anywhere although I'd guess someone has done it.

Latin Spanish dub synched with the Kai series and Kai music... That'd be pretty awesome.

I've seen watching the Castillan Spanish dub of Kai with the Yamamoto score (thanks to the fans who inserted it back) and been loving it. Superb dub this time around. :)

There's just one Kai dub I'm still waiting for: Ocean Kai Dub.

The Spanish took 15 years to get around to get the rights to Kai and finally dub it so I don't mind waiting for the Ocean Kai dub which is reportedly complete, just not released anywhere.
I guess the latino fandom already forgot about Kai

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still don't get how Freeza became a good guy after all he did? It just makes no sense.

Even Vegeta didn't deserve it either, but he has become a likeable character.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still don't get how Freeza became a good guy after all he did? It just makes no sense.
Not exactly a good guy, but he's starting to respect Goku and his friends a little, the world ending might have to do something with it. Also one of the conditions iirc of him joining team 7 in the tournament thing is to let him do whatever he wants after winning. So it wasn't completely selfish.
Even Vegeta didn't deserve it either, but he has become a likeable character.
Goku needed a rival back then as he still do right now. Don't have any issue with that or Vegeta.
However, here's what i didn't like about Super:
The power scaling, in case of Frieza for example, he gained so much power from training literally less than a day or something, and got to SS God level that f'ing quick! Didn't agree with it then and still don't.
In case of the Z fighters, the non-saiyans one you know guys like Krilin, Picollo etc the power increase wasn't as sudden or immediate as Frieza's, how much they gained wasn't made specifically clear but just enough to not be outclassed in the tournament, i have no issues with that. And even with Android 19 which gained power significantly close Goku/vegeta's SS blue form iirc.

One other issue is Gohan and how they refuse to bring him to the forefront, remember his potential in the Cell arc? Whatever happened to that? Unfortunately now it's just Goku in the limelight with SS Instinct and a little Vegeta, and even he's tossed to the sidelines.

Oh, Goten and trunks... Why are they still kids? This i don't understand, they should've made them atleast like Gohan was in the Cell arc (teenage) and they'd've participated in the Tournament as well, smh...
Post automatically merged:

Oh, and looks like Daima is coming very soon (October)

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dragon Ball Daima might be a very short series. 😢

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=22483964&postcount=83

But I'll watch it twice (in English/Japanese) or thrice (Castillan Spanish).

Stephanie Nadolny voicing Son Gokū in Toriyama's final Dragon Ball series is an amazing accomplishment for her. I'm so glad it wasn't Clinkenbeard (I just can't stand her Gohan/Gokū voices).

After 30+ years I still love Dragon Ball.
Post automatically merged:

Super seems to have been cancelled so sure
The anime series? It ended a few years ago, it wasn't canceled.

Super is a show I've honestly never liked, but newer generations did so it's not all bad.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The anime series? It ended a few years ago, it wasn't canceled.
By the end of the Tournament arc the anime caught up to the manga so it had to stop, this was 2017/18, since then there was the Moro arc and 3 other arcs so there's more than ample material to start the anime now, in fact they could've started it like back in 2020/21 but somehow they didn't. Not sure the exact reason, and they know there's demand for it. DB fans have being waiting for 6 years now (including myself)..

JustABadger

Trophies
Website
badgerbadger.neocities.org
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh boy. Months of speculation about how Daima is going to be the greatest Dragonball anime ever made because they aren’t forced to keep up with the schedule of one episode per week, only to be yet another 20-something episodes anime that took years to make. It needs to be the greatest thing ever done to the franchise to save face. 20 episodes is like what, barely one arc? Imagine waiting for years for new Dragonball Z episodes only to be about the Android saga where Goku is sick, Vegeta gets fucked and everyone else is as useless as always.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www-the--sun-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.the-sun.com/tech/12554422/walmart-worker-leak...