ROM Hack Who here is an expert using Pokegen?

MapleLord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your looking to make a Legit looking pokemon that's USABLE on Random battle on Wifi, I've discovered a trick that let's you use a Sav'd one, first make a Pokemon with Pokesav, make a Male/Female, if you want a dreamworld ability just make the female have it, then breed, look up how to obtain natures/Abilities on google somewhere, then hatch the pokemon, you the AR code that gives 31 IV's in all by marking in the PC, same with EV's, then if you want it shiny look for the code that turns a poke to shiny when bred. As long as the Poke was hatched from the EGG the pokemon will always be considered LEGIT, and used through Random battle, takes more time but it's worth it cause no one can prove your poke is hacked :P just make sure you don't go past 510 evs and no illegal moves are on it and you'll be fine :D

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your looking to make a Legit looking pokemon that's USABLE on Random battle on Wifi, I've discovered a trick that let's you use a Sav'd one, first make a Pokemon with Pokesav, make a Male/Female, if you want a dreamworld ability just make the female have it, then breed, look up how to obtain natures/Abilities on google somewhere, then hatch the pokemon, you the AR code that gives 31 IV's in all by marking in the PC, same with EV's, then if you want it shiny look for the code that turns a poke to shiny when bred. As long as the Poke was hatched from the EGG the pokemon will always be considered LEGIT, and used through Random battle, takes more time but it's worth it cause no one can prove your poke is hacked :P just make sure you don't go past 510 evs and no illegal moves are on it and you'll be fine :D
That is a nice suggestion and I thank you for responding but I was just hoping for some quick cut way of getting the Pokemon from Pokegen. I want to learn what I did wrong to make it detect it as a hack.

MapleLord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is a nice suggestion and I thank you for responding but I was just hoping for some quick cut way of getting the Pokemon from Pokegen. I want to learn what I did wrong to make it detect it as a hack.

Haha np bro, and I've tried doing that with PokeGen -___________- and it just didn't work out for me, my step mentioned above takes about 10~15mins per poke :P

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Haha np bro, and I've tried doing that with PokeGen -___________- and it just didn't work out for me, my step mentioned above takes about 10~15mins per poke :P
Well if thats true then I wouldnt mind trying your way then. I just want to be absolutely sure if its something I am doing wrong with Pokegen.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I do make a change through Pokegen and I hit "save file" when I finish nothing I changed gets retained on the sav. file. What am I doing wrong.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Check the pokemon you are trying to hack with http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/. All I know is that if it's a bad hack, pokemon battle revoultion will show it as a bad egg but it hasn't happened yet.

Also you probably forgot to click ok on the edit page.

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Well uploading the .pkm file will help better than just this pic but I guess you might have messed the location . To make it appear as a hatched pokemon from 4th gen you need to set the location in the top Day-Care Couple (G4) & in the hatch condition (Pokétransfer) .

As for not saving if you mean when you edit a pokemon then that's normal . The edits you do doesn't save until you right click the old pokemon in the box & chose set . Also try to always save as not save since save tends to hang sometimes .

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh pokegen, I thought it said pokesav :lol:

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright here is the new check with newer errors.

http://i.imgur.com/nAnCZ.png

I changed the location to fix that error but I'm still getting "Invalid terminator sequence in trash bytes" and I deleted the PID so Pokegen can make it for me so I dont know why I'm getting an error with that.

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
For your name it needs to be Tessa\FFFF\0000\FFFF not Tessa\FFFF\0000\0000 . As for the PID leaving it empty only works for gen v pokes for gen iv either use the pid finder which also might report as a clone it will pass as legit or learn how to edit the generated PIDs yourself to match the nature & ability which is available here .

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ive got a mini collection of ev'd pokemon ive edited using pokesav, there all legit and work perfectly online I can upload if you want, I have about 10 pokes but 21 files as they work ive made them work on pokemon black and white and pokemon ss/hg

For anyone interested
heres the perfectly ev'd pokes ive made all pkm files all with the best moves from serebii

Dragonite - Black
Dusknoir - Black + Soul SIlver
Excadrill - Black
Ferrothorn - Black
Gengar- Black + Soul SIlver
Metagross - Black + Soul SIlver
Porygon Z- Black + Soul SIlver
Salamence- Black + Soul SIlver
Scizor- Black + Soul SIlver
Snorlax- Black + Soul SIlver
Starmie- Black + Soul SIlver
Umbreon- Black + Soul SIlver

And heres the link
http://www.mediafire.com/?dupew6s33556cto

tlyee61

le dancing Tyranitar~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, why are you using CB on Kingdra with special attacks (jk). I used to have trouble with PokeGen but when I switched to PokeSav BW ver. 0.06 and it works much better. The only part is that PokeSav doesn't have all of the locations, which can be easily fixed in PokeGen.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
1) Make sure you use a PID that corresponds to your Pokemon's IV's, gender, shininess etc. Pokegen is really bad at doing that, so maybe try RNG'ing.
2) If you want to get the Pokemon to level 100, type in Level 99 if the Pokemon evolves twice, and Level 100 if it evolves once or no times. Then, if it evolves at all, lower the EXP by 1 point.
3) Raise EV's to desired levels, but not past a 510 total. Usual spreads are 252/252/6.
4) Give Pokemon desired legal moves and put 3 PP-Up's on (except if using Trump Card).
5) Save the file.
6) Go into game and level up once (i.e. evolve).
7) Save the game.
8) Go back into Pokegen and raise the Pokemon's level to 100. If the Pokemon evolves again, lower the EXP by one.
9) Save the file.
10) Evolve the Pokemon again.
11) Save the game.

Generally, dealing with nicknames is bad (due to trash bytes), so I start with an RNG'd base and NEVER nickname Pokemon.
Also, remember that changing the OT, ID, or SID of a Shiny Pokemon will invalidate the PID and make the Pokemon un-Shiny!

EDIT:
Check the pokemon you are trying to hack with http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/. All I know is that if it's a bad hack, pokemon battle revoultion will show it as a bad egg but it hasn't happened yet.

Also you probably forgot to click ok on the edit page.
Not always. I have had some hacks with everything legit but the PID show up as Bad Eggs, but then I've had a blatantly hacked Shiny Mew (Sacred Fire, Sheer Cold, invalid PID, etc.) come up as legit.

Codr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Make sure you use a PID that corresponds to your Pokemon's IV's, gender, shininess etc. Pokegen is really bad at doing that
PokeGen isn't really bad at doing that at all. It's quite perfect at doing that. However, given that the PID has no relationship to the IVs for internet battles... I really have no idea why you even posted this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...