Who gets sad at old websites?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember wc3campaigns back when I was into using custom wc3 models and textures in the world editor for making cool maps. In fact, I remember back when they had people posting wc3 related hentai on some of the threads before they decided to make that against the rules to make the site more kid friendly.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Speaking of nostalgic internet related content, do any of you believe Pokecheck or Instacheck will make a return into the Pokemon world? As weird as it sounds, I miss it. I loved using to to trade shiny eggs.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of nostalgic internet related content, do any of you believe Pokecheck or Instacheck will make a return into the Pokemon world? As weird as it sounds, I miss it. I loved using to to trade shiny eggs.
Probably not. They would have to figure out all the architecture of the new servers for trading and I'm sure Nintendo has beefed up security since then to prevent cheating.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oJOTMFu.png

Reactions: sup3rgh0st

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
(XAT is still running, but not anywhere close to as active as it use to be. ) I miss XAT, I miss Chat Avenue ( Now full of cyber sex offenders. ), I miss the ability to play Mario Kart Wii online... ( No CTGPR. )

D

Deleted User

Remember the WiFi plaza in Nintendo WFC? Yeah, so do I. One of my friends and I used to go near someone's house (they left on their WiFI as unsecure), and we played on the WiFi plaza (I remember screaming when I got in the Mew plaza), then in the GTS, then in friend rooms (we used to be those people pretending to actually battle while near a house battling on our DSis). Wiimmfi can't bring back memories, nor can AltWFC.

And oh lord, I remember Pokecheck. In fact, you could still use it today, if the owner wanted to - Wiimmfi/AltWFC. I wish I could've done thi, but I didn't have Platinum at the time, I wanted to go on the floats, in the WiFi Plaza, for the final time, watching NAS being pulled, then the servers sending off all DS/Wii players :cry::cry::cry:

Reactions: Seriel

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone remember the original Toontown? That game in 2007 was my shit! Damn shame it got closed down. But it seems there are enough dedicated fans to keep it up via Toontown Rewritten. (Too bad that it hasn't aged well for me. I find Toontown Rewritten like the original; long, tedious, boring fetch quests with the slowest battles and absolute dick players everywhere.)

Reactions: Haloman800

Touko White

(not)Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I get nostalgic when I see the index page of one of my old boards when it had around 67 users on it.
It'll never be like that again although things look promising at the moment...

jgoreham

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
I get those feels sometimes! I thought I was just being overly sentimental and wishy-washy, glad I am not the only one! I get kind of heartsick when I think about how emotionally invested I had been in 1up.com and now it's all just.... frozen in time!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...