Homebrew Who exactly was neimod?

Megalegacy98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know he got full kernel control, and he worked with yellows8, but what happened to him? Last time I've seen him do something was 2012. (was looking at his github and whatnot)

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Neimod was previously known to be in warez groups (openly so in the GBA era). Was caught red handed here.
He was a frequent early contributor to 3dbrew and a lot of early 3ds homebrew, especially with hardware hacking. Very talented.
Like reis said, he stopped contributing to 3dbrew and Github a few months before gateway's release in aug 2013.
One of his last commits to 3dbrew (around march 2013) was a front page warning to not update past 4.5 if you want "homebrew". lol

After leaving the homebrew scene, he was known to perch in the 3dsdev irc as a mod, and banning anyone trying to jumpstart 3ds homebrew, claiming an Anti-Piracy stance. I think he banned @fierce waffle (early 2014) just for releasing a crappy mset ram dumper lol. He went on a second rampage after the pasta release. He got @AlbertoSONIC and a few others.

Given now 3ds homebrew is pretty mainstream (mostly thanks to smea), he's relented on the bannings although I heard somewhere he was already demodded for his previous antics on 3dsdev. Not sure about that one.

@Megalegacy98 - yellows8 isn't private, but he isn't going to say anything to you about neimod.

Last edited by zoogie,

Megalegacy98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neimod was previously known to be in warez groups (openly so in the GBA era). Was caught red handed here.
He was a frequent early contributor to 3dbrew and a lot of early 3ds homebrew, especially with hardware hacking. Very talented.
Like reis said, he stopped contributing to 3dbrew and Github a few months before gateway's release in aug 2013.
One of his last commits to 3dbrew (around march 2013) was a front page warning to not update past 4.5 if you want "homebrew". lol

After leaving the homebrew scene, he was known to perch in the 3dsdev irc as a mod, and banning anyone trying to jumpstart 3ds homebrew, claiming an Anti-Piracy stance. I think he banned @fierce waffle (early 2014) just for releasing a crappy mset ram dumper lol. He went on a second rampage after the pasta release. He got @AlbertoSONIC and a few others.

Given now 3ds homebrew is pretty mainstream (mostly thanks to smea), he's relented on the bannings although I heard somewhere he was already demodded for his previous antics on 3dsdev. Not sure about that one.

@Megalegacy98 - yellows8 isn't private, but he isn't going to say anything to you about neimod.
Thanks for the clarification.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Do you actually think he is gateway though?
Nobody can ever prove that with just circumstantial evidence.
What's more difficult to dismiss is his AP hypocrisy.

Anyway, neimod's story is about as past-tense as Gateway itself so it really doesn't matter anymore.

Last edited by zoogie,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.