Hardware Who else is postponing buying the Switch until the defects are fixed by Nintendo?

Who else is postponing buying the Switch until the defects are fixed?

• Total voters

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The biggest defects in Nintendo consoles seem to be lack of games and, despite several chances, Nintendo seem woefully unable to fix that.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't waiting to play zelda on the go, but I'm also looking forward to any more optimized versions. My life has been consumed with zelda at home and away and I'm loving it. Totally worth it in my book. But that's just my book.

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If one considers all the titles currently available, I think I am Setsuna, Shovel Knight, Zelda BOTW, Fast RMX and Snipper Clips are worth it the most.
The problem is that I am Setsuna and Shovelknight keys for steam are dirt cheap compared to the eshop prices (Like it always is with nintendo's price stability which is a lot stabler than their OSs), Zelda is also on Wii U and many prople won't buy a console for one semi-exclusive game, Fast RMX is also on Wii U so the same reason applies here and snipper clips is probably not that fun in single player mode if it does even have one.
I really try to find a reason to buy a switch even though there are no games that are worth it atm for me with my Wii U.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have the left Joyless Con issue when standing about 10' away with it behind my back. Will test more. Put in glass screen protector so scratching is not an issue so far.

Wifi signal is my biggest concern. Granted I have a crappy ISP provided Arris DVR/Router that is only N and 2.4 OR 5 Ghz. Next couple of days I will do more extensive testing but my iPhone and iPad can both pull 30-40 MBps but I can only get 2-3Mbps with the Switch unless I am in the same room as the router. Switching to 5Ghz everything gets about 7-9Mbps up and down. Not sure yet if all my devices are 5Ghz compatible.

Docked ethernet (Power-line) is fine.

Not had any other issues.

The plan is to get a second Switch by summer or sooner but will hold off until I straighten out wifi as the kids do prefer to curl up with it over docked.

D

Deleted User

Even PS4 had lots of defective units at launch [Memory errors, Graphic card melting itself, CPU dying etc.]. I'm not postponing Switch, i will get it anyways. [But in Summer because i'm getting it for birthday, You know... My whole family collects money for it just so i can have fun :D]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.hueyandweprin.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/iStock-1073669440.jpg +1