phantastic91

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I been playing with my 3ds for almost a week now and i really hate the 3d angle. When it works its pretty cool, but so many times i move the handheld JUST A LITTLE and the 3d goes wonky and this pisses off my eyes haha. it has such a ridiculously bad viewing angle. this is a handheld and it's very easy to move the system around. In SSFIV when i do a move, if i push the buttons too hard, the system moves a bit to the right and the 3d goes crazy. If i push the slide pad too much the system is push in a little to the left and the 3d goes away. its just really annoying for the eyes. you seriously have to sit nearly still throughout the whole experience and it's annoying

also in ridge racer, when i get exited in a match or when i turn, i tend to move my system just a little (maybe in a reaction to turning the car) and then the 3d goes crazy once again. its so annoying.

i have a 3dtv and there are no viewing angle issues. I hope they fix this in a revision because if they do i'll get it immediately (that's how annoying it is to me xD).

anyone also having this issue?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It seems you're not the only one with this complaint
laugh.gif

cad-20110321-1e0d8.png

phantastic91

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LOL

seriously.

I want to really like the 3d but i have been annoyed by it many times.

i dont have headaches or anything but the 3d sweet spot is one of the stupidest things that i ever experienced in gaming. (maybe thats exxagerated xD)

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
phantastic91 said:
i dont have headaches or anything but the 3d sweet spot is one of the stupidest things that i ever experienced in gaming.
That's the price of glasses-free 3D.

In theory, they could do the 3D with an active parallax barrier so that the sweet spot follows you around, but that would have cost three times as much, would eat through the battery like... something ravenous through something edible, and it would still break down once you roll the console (but that happens with "glasses 3D" too).

So yeah, the screen isn't perfect.

phantastic91

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Veho said:
phantastic91 said:
i dont have headaches or anything but the 3d sweet spot is one of the stupidest things that i ever experienced in gaming.
That's the price of glasses-free 3D.

In theory, they could do the 3D with an active parallax barrier so that the sweet spot follows you around, but that would have cost three times as much, would eat through the battery like... something ravenous through something edible, and it would still break down once you roll the console (but that happens with "glasses 3D" too).

So yeah, the screen isn't perfect.

I guess i should just deal with it then and build that structure for my head in the picture xD

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
I'm so bad at finding the supposed sweet spot i've never really experienced anything close to "3D" from it and I always give myself a very bad headache in the progress. It always just looks like a blurry tazo to me.

benno300

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't have problems with it i sit down and turn on the 3d and I don't even have to search for the sweet spot and in the fishing mini game every fish comes out of the screen like they're in my living room!

geruetzel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i dont have problems with the sweet spot, its just the spot where i put my head in front of any DS system before the 3DS
smile.gif

Jugarina

Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that picture says It all. Either make something like that pictured which is crazy or mount your 3DS to something so you don't have to hold It and It lines up right at eye level.

I bet making some kinda detachable mount for the 3DS sweet-spot would be a big seller. (Time to get the creative juices flowing and head to a patent office).
smile.gif

phantastic91

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dylan said:
I'm so bad at finding the supposed sweet spot i've never really experienced anything close to "3D" from it and I always give myself a very bad headache in the progress. It always just looks like a blurry tazo to me.

that's a shame =[. try going to a dark environment cause i have noticed that 3d doesn't really work in bright lightning (i mean to the point where you can see a reflection of yourself) and have major ghosting in sunlight. but in the dark it works great.

BlazerRazor

Trophies
XP
Country
In the beginning it was a little annoying, but after some time I've gradually learned myself how to hold the 3DS correctly. So I would not say I hate the viewing angle - it suits me well - but if it wasn't there it would be better. Not everything is free in this world you know?
wink.gif

All in all, if I had the choice between glasses and a trivial viewing angle I would definitely choose the option without glasses. Also, if you do not hold the 3DS in the correct distance from your head/eyes it will be ALOT more difficult to maintain the angle. When you are holding the 3DS in the correct distance the 3D sweet-spot is pretty wide.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dunno...it takes less than a second for me to get to the sweet spot but it does kind of suck when you lose it. Seems people's bodies (obviously) behave differently. It's pretty easy for me to get to the sweet spot from any condition. Even when first trying it at a Best Buy.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
My eyes adjust to the 3d quickly, just half a second or less. so i'm not bothered at all (except for bumpy car rides)
I noticed that if you tilt the 3DS vertically, the 3D isn't broken, but when you tilt sideways, yeah it breaks.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3D is easy for me to maintain. I can even move it side to side (not tilting it) and wouldn't lose it, whether I move my head or just follow with my eyes.

phantastic91

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BlazerRazor said:
When are holding the 3DS in the correct distance the 3D sweet-spot is pretty wide.

Sorry I disagree haha. the angle doesn't magically get better. i bet you if you tilt the ds a little from this angle of yours, the 3d will go wonky. and isn't the "correct distance" just in front of you. you can also bring it back more too but that doesn't really improve anything (although it did help make ghosting less noticable sometimes)

phantastic91

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
3D is easy for me to maintain. I can even move it side to side (not tilting it) and wouldn't lose it, whether I move my head or just follow with my eyes.
are you a wizard!?!?! how is this possible O_O

edit: i just tried moving it side to side without tilting and it works haha! i can move like an inch max before it goes wonky. still i tend to tilt it more (which i think is more natural becuase moving it side to side requires more body control i think)

benno300

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Raynar said:
I don't have issues either. in Ridge Racer and SSFVI it's pops out fine for me.

ssf4 it doesn't pop out for me only with some special attack by mine the 3d in ssf4 is that you can like watch into the screen,is this what you meant or am i doing something wrong?

Raynar

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
benno300 said:
Raynar said:
I don't have issues either. in Ridge Racer and SSFVI it's pops out fine for me.

ssf4 it doesn't pop out for me only with some special attack by mine the 3d in ssf4 is that you can like watch into the screen,is this what you meant or am i doing something wrong?
sorry I mean I can see the sweet spot without issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...