Hacking Who else doesn't want to use ticket generators to download from Nintendo's server?

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if you download using CIAngel it gets you the ticket data so the game you download is treated as if you purchased it?

or am I misunderstanding, theres just so many variations to downloading games off Nintendo's eShop I lose track which does what.

A

a9lh-1user

I'am happy that MOST of the 3DS users DONT even know that there is a A9LH possibility!
They BUY every game (online or physical)!
Thats why Nintendo goes on with new HW and games for all.

Everything from that ISO site or DL with tickets or CIAngel or whatever IS ILLEGAL!

I'am a gamer since over 35 years and i've a massive collection of PC and CONSOLE Games that's fun to play!
So i did my part to the industry i think :)

And i still buy most of the games (after a trial periode sometimes!)

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Any time you install a CIA, you install a ticket for that CIA (https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/CIA#CIA_Header). So yes, if you ever install CIAs, you are indeed "editing your ticket".
When downloading using a 3rd party program (CIAngel, FBI) you only reveal your IP to Nintendo, they can't definitively tie an IP to a specific console, so I highly _highly_ doubt they will ban based on that. Using the eShop is another story altogether, that may send more data to them than the 3rd party methods.
hmm, i thought the "ticket" method is to alter your own digital games to be able to download them from the eshop,i heard there a program that do that,so that's why i said it's look dangerous.

So if you download using CIAngel it gets you the ticket data so the game you download is treated as if you purchased it?

or am I misunderstanding, theres just so many variations to downloading games off Nintendo's eShop I lose track which does what.
yah,that what i thought, but maybe the other method they are talking about is different?

Last edited by aos10,

qi_synergist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, hold up!

Let me type up some notes on what Nintendo was to stupid to implement, I can always use another source of income..

Nah, nevermind, I'm sure there's a Nintendo employee looking forward to a promotion or raise. :sleep:

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yah,that what i thought, but maybe the other method they are talking about is different?

To summarize:

Using .tik files

• There are people that only bother to install .tik (tickets) files to their console. Those files are basically "purchase tickets" tied to your console that tell the eShop which games do you own.
• Tickets are NOT tied to the NNID however, only to the console.
• Once you installed a .tik file for a specific game, you can visit the eShop, go to the game page and it will be displayed as purchased, so you can download the game from there.

This method MIGHT be risky as we do not know for sure if Nintendo collects ID information other than the IP address. So if they actually do and decide to do something about it at some point, there will be bans.

Using 3rd party tools

• Some people use third party software to download CIAs either from within the console (CIAngel or FBI w/ Shameless QR codes) or from the PC (FunKeyCIA, CDN-FX (which is a GUI for the former)) and install them offline.
• This also install tickets to your console, but they are not used to download from the eShop, so it's fine.
• When downloading from the console, those tools do not send any information (Nintendo gets only the IP, which is necessary in any client-server communication). Same thing when downloading from the PC. So it is kinda safe to use.

Final note for pirates: better safe than lazy and sorry.

Last edited by Kyojin,

ChrisCurious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
• When downloading from the console, those tools do not send any information (Nintendo gets only the IP, which is necessary in any client-server communication). Same thing when downloading from the PC. So it is kinda safe to use.

Downloading it from a .cia site doesn't provide Nintendo with your IP.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do people not know about the other place with the 43? that site has some pretty fast downloads 7-8mbs use their free dl manager to dl the rom, say no to the ad install program crap and taadaa

it too has scribblenauts unlimited
i got a virus from that. it installed chromium and a bunch of other shit without even asking me.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe not different legally. feels different to me though. if i download a game from a site i don't feel guilty about it at all. after all nintendo didn't lose anything by me doing so. i wasn't (usually) gonna buy the game anyway. and sometimes if i really like a pirated game i'l actually buy it afterwards. so in my mind it balances out. (them losing sales by me not buying the rare games i would buy, and me buying the games i wouldn't have bought had i not been able to pirate them)

but downloading them directly costs them in bandwith, so i don't do it.

Yeah, but did you pay for it? Dodging the reason on downloading a game from eshop for free vs installing a cia you didn't purchase as well is the same to me. Its as if you're trying to figure out which way will seem more legit to keep yourself hidden.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how do you know?
I mean, I'm one of the developers of CIAngel, so that gives me a bit of insight. I've also looked at the source of most of the other CDN downloading programs out there too.

with the way the eShop is poorly set up, they can't differentiate legit purchases from .tik requests.
just because you can download without one doesn't mean it doesn't send one if its available. are you absolutely 100% sure that no identifying information (other than IP) is sent?
As I've said, there's no identifying information sent when you use 3rd party apps (CIAngel, FBI, PC-based applications). I have no idea whether the eShop itself will send your NNID off to Nintendo if you just install a ticket, then download using the eShop, but my guess is it probably does.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hmm, i thought the "ticket" method is to alter your own digital games to be able to download them from the eshop,i heard there a program that do that,so that's why i said it's look dangerous.
The "ticket" method (TikDevil, Ticket Install mode in CIAngel) is what you're thinking. But you also get that exact same ticket if you download the CIA and install it directly on your 3DS. The ticket is just part of the whole bundle that allows you to re-download the game from the eShop later.

Why don't people just use FunKeyCIA at this point
Why bother downloading the CIA on your PC (And having to set up Python, FTP/card reader, blah blah) when you can just download and install the CIA at the same time directly on your console with CIAngel? :)

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Here is what I do. I buy retail games full price for my collection and download the CIA off Nintendo's server because why pay twice for a digital version? Alternatively I make a CIA off my retail card myself but usually I'm too lazy for that.

Reactions: Drakia

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I mean, I'm one of the developers of CIAngel, so that gives me a bit of insight. I've also looked at the source of most of the other CDN downloading programs out there too.

As I've said, there's no identifying information sent when you use 3rd party apps (CIAngel, FBI, PC-based applications). I have no idea whether the eShop itself will send your NNID off to Nintendo if you just install a ticket, then download using the eShop, but my guess is it probably does.

The "ticket" method (TikDevil, Ticket Install mode in CIAngel) is what you're thinking. But you also get that exact same ticket if you download the CIA and install it directly on your 3DS. The ticket is just part of the whole bundle that allows you to re-download the game from the eShop later.

Why bother downloading the CIA on your PC (And having to set up Python, FTP/card reader, blah blah) when you can just download and install the CIA at the same time directly on your console with CIAngel? :)
ah, that's perfect. thanks for the info :) always a nice option for if i ever come across a game i cant find :)

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
My personal 2 cents is that having a cia file of the game that you can install whenever you want (AND OFFLINE!!!) seems better than downloading using tickets which may/may not last forever. Having that cia file will ensure you always have a copy regardless of servers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you're doing is downloading an encrypted copy of the software. Decryption is done client-side. All it appears as to Nintendo is someone using a program like NUS downloader or something.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My personal 2 cents is that having a cia file of the game that you can install whenever you want (AND OFFLINE!!!) seems better than downloading using tickets which may/may not last forever. Having that cia file will ensure you always have a copy regardless of servers
That's one of the reasons CIAngel still has a "Create CIA" option, instead of only giving the option of installing directly.

Reactions: naivegirl2411

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
I use tickets and install my games from the eshop, because I never bought anything from nintendo, thus my inexistent legit stuff can't dissapear.
Also, if my NNID gets banned or something I don't mind because I never bought anything so I'll just create another

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    im sure half the responses won't be literal racial slurs or "drop table" jokes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Look, it's China. They know what it's like when you give a poll to half a billion trolls.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much dollar do you think it is?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    ONE MILLION DOLLA
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I know the pricing of electronics nowadays isn't "how much it actually costs" but "how much we can get away with", but putting up a poll is just cynical.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably $150 someone said Anbernic said around the same price as rg556
    you know which game i wish they would rerelease
    sonic unleashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make it a happy meal toy
    that game's engine is really fucking intensive so it runs like literal shit on xbox 360 and ps3
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah I'm getting value creep again. I look at a $50 console "but for just a few more dollars you could get XYZ" and I end up considering the Steam Deck.
    +1
    like the lighting in that game was genuinely so good
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not getting dragged into that again.
    i dont get why they didn't port the one game that ran the worst on consoles, to pc
    like you port everything to pc except the one game where it would make the most sense. why. what do you gain from this
    is sega just personally fucking with me? are they laughing while watching me through my kinect camera as i get up to restart my xbox for the third time because the game froze again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Buy handhelds from five below better quality
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Valve probably going to do another refresh of the deck this fall with rog ally like specs tbh
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A smaller form factor would be nice too.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The big leap in all things tech is when carbon based chips start hitting.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Longer battery life cooler temps and faster! What's not to like lol (probably expensive as hell)
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [checks my dildo batteries and coolant] :O [promptly replaces them] :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [checks my batteries and coolant] :O [promptly replaces them] :D