Hacking White screens on Supercard SD

linkmaster03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I patched four games recently, and three of them resulted in white screens. Out of Mario Kart DS, Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2 (DS), Fire Emblem (GBA), and Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury (GBA), only DBZ:SW2 has worked. I have tried just about every combination of patching options for MKDS, and I have also patched FE and DBZ:BF many times. I have tried with and without trimming, with and without restart, with and without Patch Cartridge Access, and a bunch of other stuff.

I have never had a problem with white screens before. I am running the latest firmware and patching software. I tried formatting the card without success. I find it odd that DBZ:SW2 worked and none of the others. All my other NDS and GBA games work.

I hope somebody can help me solve this problem; I am getting very frustrated. Thanks.
smile.gif

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I read the title of the post, I got a little confused. I will assume you mean Supercard DS TWO, right? Well, the gba emulator for that isn't compatible with every gba game out there. Some games will work but be slow, others will have graphical problems, while others will just plain out not work. They have a list of games that don't work on their site. Here's the link, which also contains information on how to get some games to work. http://forum.supercard.sc/viewthread.php?tid=6042

Edit: I just noticed the Mario DS. Sadly, if that isn't working, then either your SD card needs to be formatted, you need to update the firmware of the card, or you just have bad rom dumps.

linkmaster03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am indeed talking about the Supercard SD (old I know, but it has worked flawlessly until now). I have verified the CRC of the MKDS dump, and it is valid. I formatted my card using the standard tool on Windows Vista; should I use something else? I may also try reinstalling the firmware on the card if it still doesn't work.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, the first problem is you are using Windows formatter. That will do more harm than good to the SD card. You need the Panasonic SD card formatter, which you should be able find in the download section. If not, google it.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dimensional said:
Okay, the first problem is you are using Windows formatter. That will do more harm than good to the SD card. You need the Panasonic SD card formatter, which you should be able find in the download section. If not, good it.

http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/
no longer called Panasonic SD card formatter

linkmaster03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the link exangel. I formatted with the program linked (the newest version), but MKDS and the 2 GBA games still don't work. I have also reinstalled my card firmware and the patching program. Any ideas?

linkmaster03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am talking about the Slot-2 Supercard SD.

Edit: I have just patched N+, DBZ: Attack of the Saiyans, Tetris DS, and Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper (GBA), and they all work perfectly. This is why I am confused as to why MKDS, FE, and DBZ: Buu's Fury (games which are compatible according to many lists) give me white screens. I also tried patching Mario Hoops, and it gave me white screens like the others. I had it working about a year ago, so I don't know what's up.

Edit #2: I was browsing the official Supercard forums and I found the solution. Older games need version 2.70 of the patching software. I installed 2.70 into a different directory so I could have it and 2.71 installed at once, and it works like a charm. Patched MKDS and Hoops perfectly with 2.70.
smile.gif
The GBA games, FE and DBZ:BF, also work now.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: impossible thing accomplished today lol +1