Hacking Which Tutorial(s) Should I Use?

Fathead666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Wii owner here. I've never owned or modded a Wii, but I've softmodded many original Xbox's and 360's as well as chipped a few PS2's. I've read over a lot of tutorials on modding the Wii on this site and other places on the Internet and have a good basic understanding of how the Wii software and softmodding works, but there are so many different ones, I'm not sure which one would be the best to go by.

Basically, I'm just looking to make my console play Wii backups from disc and an external drive and I want to be able to play Gamecube backups. If anyone could point me in the right direction of the best tutorial I should follow to get this accomplished it would be much appreciated. In case it matters, the Wii I have is a 3.4u, is brand new and has never been modded in any way.

Thanks in advance.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Fathead666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
daxtsu said:
Burned disks(inc. Gamecube) are out of the question if your Wii has the new D3 drive. You can find out by trying a burned game once you're fully modded. If you get an error cod(I can't remember it at this very second)e right off the bat without it even trying to read it, you've likely got that drive.

If my Wii had one of the new D3 drives in it, it would probably already be a 4.x right? Since it's a 3.4, that means it was probably sitting in the store for quite awhile right? So it should have the older drive. I'm still a noob Wii modder, but that's what my logic tells me.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Probably, but I was just giving you a heads up.
gbasp.gif

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Really? That's neat. =O

Would they run at 6X/drive speed since they wouldn't be limited by the internal drive's firmware..?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts