Hardware Which to buy 2DS or Nintendo DS Lite?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't recommend Pasta, seems it only uses sysnand for everything.
Better to go with rxTools or even Cakes, with emunand.
i know it has limitations but it only came to my mind as i have it set up because makes a convenient second cfw to rxtools that way you can set ctrbootmanager to boot rxtools for emunand and pasta for sysnand

Ahh i see, that explains alot:P
But now i'm really confused, which guide and CFW should i use?:wacko::blush::blush::blush:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/
then if you want to squeeze a little more cool out of your system [Release]NTR CFW 3.2 with experimental Real-Time Save feature. ntr is a cfw you can run on top of another cfw to add its features to your current cfw
ntr features include
NTR CFW is a custom firmware designed for New 3DS, with such features:
Region Free. Region-locked games could be launched in Home Menu directly.
CFW Menu. Press X+Y in games or Home Menu will show the NTR CFW Menu, to take screenshots or interact with plugins.
Plugin support. Users can develop or install their own plugins with libntrplg, plugin will run in the background and is callable via NTR CFW Menu. (screenshot is a built-in plugin now)
Realtime Debugger. Debugging your plugins on wi-fi directly with NTR Debugger: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...st-public-real-time-debugger-for-n3ds.384858/
Savegame Manager. Manage your savegame of genuine gamecards, support migrating savegame from NTR 1.0 to NTR 2.x: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-savegame-manager-plugin-for-ntr-1-0-2-0.384865/

Real-Time Save feature(Read the following messages before using it)

This is an experimental feature and have some limits in current version:
1 For most games, save/load must be started in the game scene, do not save/load in movies, menus, etc.
2 The real-time savegame is only valid in current instance of game, the savegame won't be loadable after the game was closed or console was turned off.
3 Load/save must be performed in the Home Menu while the game is paused, do not return to game until the operation is finished. (it may take about 30 seconds)
4 Some games are totally incompatible with this feature.
then if you are feeling ambitious Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax) i know it has limitations but it only came to my mind as i have it set up because makes a convenient second cfw to rxtools that way you can set ctrbootmanager (menuhax) to boot rxtools for emunand and pasta for sysnand

Last edited by wormdood,

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Well, I would recommend the 2DS. Even if there's a lot of great DS games available, the DS Lite and DSi are basically outdated, and the 2DS can play DS games. However, you can probably find a 2DS for much cheaper than 120$. For example, this one has a game included, and is ~95$. And you can install RXTools on it to run "your own game backups".
However, if you can spend 120$, I would highly recommend buying a regular 3DS. They can be found for not that much used, and are better than the 2DS in every way, except for the L/R buttons.

THE TRASH BIN
(badum tss)

trashcanco1.gif

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well, I would recommend the 2DS. Even if there's a lot of great DS games available, the DS Lite and DSi are basically outdated, and the 2DS can play DS games. However, you can probably find a 2DS for much cheaper than 120$. For example, this one has a game included, and is ~95$. And you can install RXTools on it to run "your own game backups".
However, if you can spend 120$, I would highly recommend buying a regular 3DS. They can be found for not that much used, and are better than the 2DS in every way, except for the L/R buttons.

Thank you for the link, but i need that console before the 24th since it will be a christmas gift to my little brother :)
And i've read that 3DS gives you headache if you play too long.

Last edited by Naxster,

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the link, but i need that console before the 24th since it will be a christmas gift to my little brother :)
And i've read that 3DS gives you headache if you play too long.

Some people get headaches from having the 3D on, but if you feel it start to bother you there's a slider on the side of the system you can use to turn down the effect or off all the way.

Reactions: wormdood

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Some people get headaches from having the 3D on, but if you feel it start to bother you there's a slider on the side of the system you can use to turn down the effect or off all the way.
But if i buy the 3DS version it may be over version 9.2 :D
--------------

Guys i bought the 2DS today, and here is some pictures of how it is..
In Picture 3 at the bottom left, you can see the year 2013, do you think still that this will be below 9.2?:shy:

Picture 1:
http://i.imgur.com/XBFK8xE.jpg
Picture 2: http://i.imgur.com/5FtSo3c.jpg
Picture 3: http://i.imgur.com/tU4BHef.jpg

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Probably.
Well you were right!:D
I opened it and checked the version and it says "Ver. 6.0.0-12E"!
As for the tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

Now as i don't have the R4i Gold yet.. Can i still do follow the whole guide even if im in version 6.0.0 and without an flashcard (R4i gold)?
After reading several comments, i found out that we don't really need a flashcard to play 3DS games, we can just install them from Cia installer with FBI and it will work without the flashcard :/

Last edited by Naxster,
D

Deleted-236924

6.0 I believe you can use web installer for rxtools mset so ds flashcard wouldn't really be required. It is still required for actually playing DS roms, though.

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
6.0 I believe you can use web installer for rxtools mset so ds flashcard wouldn't really be required. It is still required for actually playing DS roms, though.
Thank you! :)
Do you mean 3DS ROMs or DS ROMs?
Will I be able to play 3DS ROMs without the flash card, since I'm waiting for the R4i gold to arrive?

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
cfw lets you play .cia (3ds roms)
the r4i allows you to play ds roms
Thank you!
I was looking forward to play Pokemon Heart Gold, but I think I can wait and play 3ds games instead until the flashcard arrives.
I'm talking like its my own 2DS, even though it's for my brother xD

Reactions: wormdood

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in