Which Super Smash Bros were you most satisfied with?

Which one are you most satisfied with?

• Super Smash Bros.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee

• Super Smash Bros. Brawl

• Total voters

Noltron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I personally got the most replay value out of melee.

I find something missing from brawl, as many people do.
I think its the over ubandance and ease to get unlockables-mostly the characters, because of how very easy they were to unlock. Wayy too many trophies too. When you got a trophy it was less like you accomplished something. When I go to the trophy gallery now, all I see is a huge line of NEW!

In melee, the unlockables were perfect-the trophies were more difficult to get, and there was the best upgrade in items. you kept getting a more or less steady stream of unlockables in melee, while in brawl, you just were bombarded with unlockables from the very start.

And the classic-the first ssb I liked because it was the new concept at the time-I loved it so much, and also the attacks were slow enough to see what was coming and react. You could easily have a fighting technique because of this. In melee and especially brawl, the attacks became too quick, and evolved from technique into spam moves. In brawl, the spam moves became what won a match. (unless you play fair)

EDIT:

Super Smash Bros. [ 5 ] ** [11.11%]
Super Smash Bros. Melee [ 25 ] ** [55.56%]
Super Smash Bros. Brawl [ 15 ] ** [33.33%]

I love how the results came out so... Perfectly round... Perfect.
I hope that edits dont bump posts either... sorry if it does.
f it does then i will learn from this mistake.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Err, I'd have to say Melee too. Since Brawl is just so floaty and the pace of fights is so slow I'd rather just Self-Destruct to make it end faster. Then again, Brawl was made with casual players in mind, as well as the hardcore. Personally I played Brawl for.. a year or so, then picked up Melee on a whim one day.

I'm still playing Melee, a good 7-8 years after it was released. Maybe it's cause I'm slightly a tourny fag. (Doing all those "Dash Dancing", "Wave Dashing", "L-Canceling" stuff.) But I can see how people like Brawl, especially those that weren't really good at Melee like my brother. Since it made it a bit easier to have fun but still be able to fight/beat other people. Preference, I guess. Brawl is good for party atmospheres and controller passing. Melee is more of a 1 vs 1 mindgame situation. Which I like doing.

tl;dr Melee almost always, Brawl sometimes.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
melee of course. the original was ok, but pretty limited. don't get me started on brawl
sleep.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first I wasn't really into back then and not even now.

Melee I've played more of, seemed harder than Brawl.

Brawl had a much much better single player mode but the actual fighting part I didn't enjoy as much as Melee. Didn't seem as deep for some reason.

I guess it's Melee that I like more.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I preferred melee more. Even though Brawl has more chars and better graphics, I prefer gameplay over graphics in fighting games.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I dunno... I prefer brawl over them all. It's not as huge an improvement over the others, but it still is in my eyes. Better single player, and the game is fun in multiplayer also.

It is easier to unlock characters, stages and trophies, but I'm not playing SSB for that. I play it to have multiplayer fun mostly.
smile.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As per features and stuff, probably Brawl. They did miss some great chances (*cough* crappy online *cough*), but they added a lot of new stuff. As per gameplay, the original. It's boiled down so much from Brawl that it takes A LOT more skill and is still addictive, even if you own the other 2. I mean, back in the original you had only 1 character who could move with boxes (DK). Now, every character can do that (albeit not fast). And there weren't any gimmick characters (Meta Knight, Sonic), although some more powerful than others.

D

Deleted User

Hadrian said:
The first I wasn't really into back then and not even now.

Melee I've played more of, seemed harder than Brawl.

Brawl had a much much better single player mode but the actual fighting part I didn't enjoy as much as Melee. Didn't seem as deep for some reason.

I guess it's Melee that I like more.
I totally second that.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
da_head said:
@endscape: of course brawl has better graphics, it is the newer game..
I know...the comma shows my sentence is not finished. Im saying i prefer gameplay over graphics when it comes to fighting games...

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Melee was so damn cool when it first came out. I remember looking at its cover art in the store and going "WOAH so many characters!" (little did I know there was lots of clones, but still).

Melee is my favorite. Not because of any complaints I have with Brawl when I compare the two, but because it was such a step upward from the original, which I was a big fan of at the time. It took everything about Smash Bros. and made it sixty times better, from the replay value, to just the sheer fun of playing with a few of your friends.

Which isn't to say that Brawl hasn't upped the ante again from Melee. It just didn't make me say "wow" as much.

So for me, Melee has yet to be dethroned.

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I enjoyed the SSB. for 2 months or so , then after a few years getting gamcube and Melee, i was like "Yeaaaaaaaaah!!!! I finally got it!!!!" but when i got Wii and Brawl it went like "HOLY C*AP".. And Brawl has all those cool things, achievements, stage builder, online..

Brawl ftw!

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
The original was tops! I was still playing it 2 years ago when I had birthday sleepovers, before we got the wii
wink.gif

Melee always seemed intimidating, so I barely ever played it.

Brawl was a bit intimidating at first since it seemed similar to melee with smash moves etc, however I got used to it an enjoy it quite alot. Unfortunately though it doesn't always capture the same level of fun as the original.

I think the main problem is the increased complexity and speed of moves compared to the original, which was easily learned yet difficult to master
smile.gif

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Well if no one ever played SSB when it came out then no one will never know the sheer joy and excitement I had from it. I played SSB way more times then I had for Melee and Brawl put together. I even beaten that game on Very Hard with three stocks! When melee came out I wasn't so excited for it and hated it due to getting whoop by my friend. Until I started playing melee for real I had gotten better at it. Brawl is just OMG wifi battles, I didn't care for the characters nor graphics.

SNESGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I prefer melee, they over did it with Brawl a bit. Characters were too easy. The events on melee were epic win. I don't agree with a couple of the characters they got rid of.

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Grr.. How can people possibly pick Melee and Brawl over the original?

The original was so fun
happy.gif
I played it since I was 7... Melee was bad, but Brawl was 10X worse.

All the attacks on Brawl are so over-exaggerated.. every punch or kick makes a loud smashing noise. And then they came up with the idea of a "smash ball", which hardly requires any skill, mainly luck, to break.

frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: