Which Soldering Iron?

Dylaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I've decided I want to try swap out the batteries in some of my original Gameboy games. (Pokemon, Wario Land etc.)

I've got a gamebit tool but I don't have a soldering iron. I thought I'd try grab a 15w iron as that's what's recommended for Wii Modding etc. I can't find anywhere that sells them though nearby. DSE only sells either 8w or 25w. I thought about buying a RadioShack one, but they're 110v, not 240v right?

I'm about to give up, but I was hoping one of you guys would have some recommendations.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
I picked mine up at Radio Shack. It has a switch for 15w or 30w, and the voltage hasn't made a difference.

8w would get the job done. 25~30 watt does too, but you have to be extra quick and careful.

e: why do i remember it as volts rather than watts?

Dylaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
^I asked about the voltage because I'm sure Australia and America have different types of power. Eg. A PC's power supply usually has a switch for 110v/240v right? (Not 100% sure) If you're in a country that uses 240v power and you switch your power supply to 110v it asplodes!
tongue.gif
I figured if the iron was 110v and you plugged it into 240v without some kind of transformer you'd get the same effect...

Forgot to mention we don't have any RadioShack stores round here, can I still buy things from their website?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-