Hacking Which SLOT-1 card should I buy?

gozu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I lost my Black DSlite, a 2GB microSD card and my m3Lite while I was in Belgium.(3..2..1..NOOOOOOOOOOOO! WHY GOD WHY?)

I'm thinking of buying Yet Another DS. Anyways, the new slot-1 cards look interesting. At this point in time, I suppose there aren't many must-play GBA games coming out so maybe the inability to play gba backups is not that big a drawback. This is open to discussion so correct me if i'm wrong.

I've read the reviews for the M3 simply, the EZV, R4 and DS-Extreme. So far, I'm hesitating between the solid D4 and the devilishly sexy DS-Extreme. Granted, the 512MB of memory on this last one are a drawback.

The thing is, I know EZ and M3 cards enjoy good support and frequent updates. I do not know anything about the people behind the D4 and DSX.

I also don't know what new hotness is on the pipeline and wether I should wait for a particularly promising device.

Thus I rely on you, my fellow technophiles and DS lovers, to share your thoughts and advice with me.

You have my thanks for the time you spent reading/answering this.

/Gozu

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have the R4 and haven't regretted buying it. It seems to be the most popular one. I would recommend you either getting the R4 or M3 simple.

lurker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1) It should be Not Another DS (NADS)

2) It's an R4. It's a DS-Xtreme.

3) If you've bothered to read the reviews, you should've bothered to read other places. The R4 knows their own hardware better than the M3 team (the M3 Simply is an OEM R4, which you SHOULD know already). The DS-X has shitty support and is overpriced. If you've seriously taken the time to read the reviews and type up these kinds of posts, then you must be pretty stupid not to see these things, plastered all over every single "OMG NEED SLOT1 NAO" thread.

gozu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1) It should be Not Another DS (NADS)

If you're referring to my "Yet Another DS" on the second paragraph. You're wrong. Please re-read.

QUOTE said:
2) It's an R4. It's a DS-Xtreme.

Thank you for the corrections. I've edited my post accordingly.

QUOTE said:
3) If you've bothered to read the reviews, you should've bothered to read other places.

This is what is called a non-sequitur. Your second statement does not logically follow your first and neither does your implied accusation.

QUOTE said:
The R4 knows their own hardware better than the M3 team (the M3 Simply is an OEM R4, which you SHOULD know already).

Why should I know it? I do not recall the review mentionning that fact. Surely, we can't all be as hardcore and well informed as you are.

The DS-X has shitty support and is overpriced. If you've seriously taken the time to read the reviews and type up these kinds of posts, then you must be pretty stupid not to see these things, plastered all over every single "OMG NEED SLOT1 NAO" thread.

I did take the time to read the reviews (which were quite glowing in the case of the DS-X). There is also another non-sequitur right there: reading reviews cannot possibly make me "see things that are plastered" on forum threads.

In any case, I do not begrudge your venting since you did take the time to provide me with useful information alongside it. If it made writing your reply less of a chore, then I'm happy to get flamed a bit on the side, especially since you were polite enough not to call me anything worse than "stupid". God knows I am stupid in more ways than one. But that's another discussion entirely.

yee

Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
Get the EZ5.

I have it, and have recommended it to a few friends already.

No problems with 1GB Kingston MicroSD (Japanese) using 4X speed.

Every game I've thrown at it has worked.

Updates 10x more frequent than any other team IMO.

BJWanlund

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will probably heed the advice of Mr. Monroe of Dual Screen Radio and get an R4. I'm going to be saving my moo-lah from this week and next week.

BJ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto