Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kwartel said:
CannonFoddr said:
BoxShot said:
If he has a friend he really hates then get him an N5 and put an R4 sticker on it.
biggrin.gif
Oi.... a N5 is not THE crappiest card - a little slow loading but it still works unlike my DSTTi
But it doen't corrupt your micrSD every month?
I have a N5 since last year and it has worked perfectly for me. A few game crashes every now and then but other then that its pretty much done the job I want it to do. Just too bad I can't play Sonic Classic Collection on it. Apart from that all games I tried all work and had no corruptions.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Balious said:
kwartel said:
CannonFoddr said:
BoxShot said:
If he has a friend he really hates then get him an N5 and put an R4 sticker on it.
biggrin.gif
Oi.... a N5 is not THE crappiest card - a little slow loading but it still works unlike my DSTTi
I have a N5 since last year and it has worked perfectly for me. A few game crashes every now and then but other then that its pretty much done the job I want it to do. Just too bad I can't play Sonic Classic Collection on it. Apart from that all games I tried all work and had no corruptions.
Nor can you play HGSS...

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright here is a real good answer. The best R4 you could buy is the R4RTS/R4SDHC the one made from the M3 team. This flashcart has the same compatibility as the iTouchDS as both use the same loaders. Here is a link to the flashcart where you could buy it.
R4i SDHC

This flashcart does get updates and it will update always the same time the iTouchDS updates, meaning it will play Pokemon HG/SS.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Among the others I also own an R4.
The question is, why at this point in time would anybody buy one of those ? It might have been good, even very good when it first came out, but believe me, the frustration to look around for new firmwares ( there are tons and tons around not compatible with every variation of the card ), hunt here and there for fixes, patching each individual games that doesn't work, building yourself the ultimate firmware by combining files here and there..............NOW multiply that for a large group of children that come to you for help and support........................THAT IS THE WRONG CHOICE my friend.
There are other valid, cheap alternatives out there without counting the big boys M3, AK2i and SC..............any alternative would be actually better then any R4s.
Besides as it has been pointed out, what will happen when a system menu 1.5 comes out ( and it will come out soon or later ) ? And any of the children perform an update on their DSi ? It'll be a huge headache, and waste of money ( so much for saving money )..............not worth it.

Balious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
Balious said:
kwartel said:
CannonFoddr said:
BoxShot said:
biggrin.gif
Nor can you play HGSS...
But I have HG on my DS and its working well. Is there a certain point in the game that will crash for me?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Bonny said:
It was just a simple question from mori123... but noone knows anything exactly about the R4's, right?

But anyone has something to tell... something off-topic...
lecture.gif

No, you are just a *cencored* Fucktard
hate2.gif

If we put his on equation.

R4 ? Compatible + good

R4 = Cheap + (and shitty, does it's job to extent BUT NOT to what OP wants)

Acekard 2i = Cheap + compatible with (not counting Warioware D.I.Y. at this moment) all games

R4 = Flashcart

Acekard = Flashcart

So, we tell him a CHEAP - COMPATIBLE (With newest games as asked!) Flashcart, It is not offtopic even if we do not fucking mention R4

YOU CANNOT TELL A COMPATIBLE R4 CART MODEL, NONE OF THEM ARE, they all clones, there is no original R4 team around, they just do not perform.

Also, fucking trolled me with only your stupidity, good grief.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with R4 cards/clones is they are infrequently updated. I don't care if a card says crappy R4 clone right on the front as long as it plays all the newest games but that's not reality. The reality is that if you buy a R4 you're going to be real sad when a hot new game comes out. So much for saving 5 bucks.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hehehehehehehehehehe

Not sure who I am laughing AT, but is unlikely to be Mori, but I have inside knowledge.

You see, he DOES use an Acekard2i, and he's sufficiently smart (I know him personally) that unlike you schmucks (minus the few who can read a thread title), he didn't even need to pay for his Acekard2i. No it wasn't stolen
smile.gif
He also didn't need to pay for most of his consoles. Something about how if you buy several machines on launch you can always find desperate fools with more money than brains
smile.gif

For the record, when I need to know something (and we are talking about Panzer Tacticer here eh), I usually end up asking Mori.
If you plug it in and it's a computer or a game machine, what Mori doesn't know, isn't worth much.

But he's new to the site, and I didn't have the opportunity to warn him about you guys
smile.gif

Like for instance, hey Mori, the section called 'Edge of the Forum' is not the 'Off Topic' forum, it's the loonie bin
smile.gif

Contrary to popular belief, the R4DS Revolution ie the real one is STILL a valid flashcart (I know, mine is still working just fine). Might not play every last bullshit I wouldn't want it in the first place infantile fucking piece of crap kiddie game that enters the market (such as anything with the word Pokemon on it). Yeah I think Pokemon sucks ass, get over it. And I won't insist you have to like Sailormoon
smile.gif

At the end of the day, Mori ONLY wanted to know, which R4 cart is currently the best of the available items which we already know contain some examples that are worthless crap.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Panzer Tacticer said:
*sorry, had to snap a wall*

Yeah, well, we thought (Rockstar and other dude on page one) that acekard 2i would be valid option for him, what I am not wrong in, no? It is second cheapest flashcart even if compared to R4, and performs 10 times better compared to the price (cyclo is second but that is more about 1:1 price performance)

The troll on page one was not fun either, got really angry in matter of seconds.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
Pliskron said:
The problem with R4 cards/clones is they are infrequently updated. I don't care if a card says crappy R4 clone right on the front as long as it plays all the newest games but that's not reality. The reality is that if you buy a R4 you're going to be real sad when a hot new game comes out. So much for saving 5 bucks.
Are they updated?

mori123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From what i have read the r4i SDHC revolution thats made by the m3 team Has the same Rom Compatibility as the m3zero card, which half of you Support is what i should get.. And sorry i can get r4s for under 5 dollars a card the same cannot be said for Acekards or anything else really and if they have the same compatibility as a m3zero heck sounds good to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: