Hacking Which is the Best r4?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Perhaps Mori123 got a friend who he really really hates, who keeps asking about R4 flashcards
& Mori123 just want to say "Oh yes - some R4's are good so get this one - it's the best".....

...Oh hang on if he HATES him that much he should be asking the the Crappiest R4
laugh.gif

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If he has a friend he really hates then get him an N5 and put an R4 sticker on it.
biggrin.gif

I seriously don't give a shit if he wants to be even more cheap than me and buy a shitty flashcart. Hell I'm cheap and I got me a Ak2.1 I get no hassle and its really simply for me to use!

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe a mod can change the title to 'Which is the least shit R4'? People will maybe start to give you slightly more helpful answers then.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
CannonFoddr said:
BoxShot said:
If he has a friend he really hates then get him an N5 and put an R4 sticker on it.
biggrin.gif
Oi.... a N5 is not THE crappiest card - a little slow loading but it still works unlike my DSTTi
But it doen't corrupt your micrSD every month?

seedub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure people bash R4's just to be in consensus with everyone else. You recommend a $15 acekard over a $5 R4 because you can't read (he's looking for cheap). I'm not saying AK isn't better, but at this point as far as I know HGSS is the ONLY game it will play that you can't on R4; and I guarantee within a week or so it will be working for R4. So if R4 is so, so terrible why can I play every game you can play on AK? For $10 cheaper btw. R4 is not trash, it's just becoming outdated because nintendo sued them until they shut down and now there's no new firmware. And if you really NEED firmware you can use YSMenu with DSTT firmware. I haven't tried a lot of R4's but I have an original, and my younger cousin has an R4-III (clone) and they both work just fine; I too have heard the N5 can eff up tho I have never tried it. Idk if you need the "i" cards for DSi or not (but I doubt it, I think it's just to make the card sound 'tech') as I still use an old fatboy DS, but if you want cheap and reliable and not so worried about firmware updates, I'd go just with the original; Though most probably work fine so go cheap!

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@seedub,
You're totally wrong. Most people on here would have, at some stage, either owned or used an R4...experience counts for a lot. R4's are shite! Full stop.
BRW, I still own an original R4DS (was my first ever slot-1 cart), but prefer my M3DS Real & AK2i over it....by a long way!

seedub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, read my full statement. I stated that AK is better, just more expensive. And saying R4 is shit isn't a reason why. You're just saying it's shit and not backing it up at all. (and don't tell me "you can't play new games" because if u take the 3 seconds to load YSMenu u can). I find it hard to accept answers from people who can't even understand how to read a complete thought. Everyone is so confident that all of these other cards are sooooo much better but then can't give a single legitmate reason why other than "no new firmware so you can't play new games"; however this is not a legitmate reason because you can piggyback DSTT firmware and play everything up to HGSS. (and you can even still play the J version of that; not that the US version won't be cracked soon) Basically, it's worthless to just say something is bad, you're either trying to be an elitist fanboy or failing at helping anyone. (if you want to say something is bad in a helpful way, give reasons why or it doesn't mean jack)

bennyroger

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok here is my top 10 list of R4i flashcarts all work on the DSi

R4i SDHC&RTS www.r4rts.com
R4i SDHC www.r4rts.com
R4i SDHC www.r4i-SDHC.com
The above carts have good support and decent updates.
R4i Gold www.r4igold.cn
Best budget DSi R4 its a DSTT clone but quality is good and it costs about $6,- when you buy a few.
R4iDSILL www.ndsill.net
Ugly blue DSTTi clone, but works OK, $6.50 same factory as above
R4i Gold www.r4igold.com
R4iDSHC
HyperR4i new
HyperR4i Classic
New R4i SDHC
Bottom ones are not worth the paper its printed on.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
seedub said:
And saying R4 is shit isn't a reason why. You're just saying it's shit and not backing it up at all. (and don't tell me "you can't play new games" because if u take the 3 seconds to load YSMenu u can).
That statement would carry more weight if it were actually true. The most recent high-profile releases (both Sonic games and Pokemon HG/SS) do not work on YSMenu.

mori123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank You very much everyone but especially benny roger p:0 for answering as well as The guy with the Pengiun suit chiyochan avatar on the last page P:_ and yes the acekard is 15 i can get a r4 for as low as like 3 dollars in some cases hence why i ask which is the best of the worst. P:)

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mori123 said:
heh I know this is a definetlyloaded question But of The Many r4 variants out there i am searching for the best of the worst so to speak i don;t mind if it won;t play the newest games immediately I was Looking @

R4i SDHC Upgrade Revolution - According to the site its 1.4 dsi compatible and its firmware was updated In march and like 4 times this year, And yes i know r4s are the bottom of the barrel, I want the Cheapest common denominator that works. with a dsi 1.4 unit P:) So of all the r4s avaible Which would u say is the Best Choice for someone looking to buy The cheapest and best one? of the dsi 1.4 compatible kind?

Thanks in advance and Please Stay on topic. best r4!
The best r4 is an imaginary r4. wait for another menth or 2 and get a SCDS2 instead, it plays most roms and even gba straight from slot 1 which means you can play your GBA roms on a dsi

Snappo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gameguy95 said:
mori123 said:
heh I know this is a definetlyloaded question But of The Many r4 variants out there i am searching for the best of the worst so to speak i don;t mind if it won;t play the newest games immediately I was Looking @

R4i SDHC Upgrade Revolution - According to the site its 1.4 dsi compatible and its firmware was updated In march and like 4 times this year, And yes i know r4s are the bottom of the barrel, I want the Cheapest common denominator that works. with a dsi 1.4 unit P:) So of all the r4s avaible Which would u say is the Best Choice for someone looking to buy The cheapest and best one? of the dsi 1.4 compatible kind?

Thanks in advance and Please Stay on topic. best r4!
The best r4 is an imaginary r4. wait for another menth or 2 and get a SCDS2 instead, it plays most roms and even gba straight from slot 1 which means you can play your GBA roms on a dsi
Yeah, but he wants to get a bundle of cards for a group, the DS2 would probably be to expensive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.