Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
da_letter_a said:
11 - Used by System Menu 2.0x. Needed
20 - Used by System menu 2.2x. Needed

Nobody uses system menu 2.x anymore! Just delete it!

Or do people? Some seriously retarded people I guess!

Also, make a cIOScorp for each system menu version! So 3.x won't have IOS70 and IOS60, and IOS20 etc. And so 4.x won't get IOS30 and stuff.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Also, make a cIOScorp for each system menu version! So 3.x won't have IOS70 and IOS60, and IOS20 etc. And so 4.x won't get IOS30 and stuff.
While this sounds like a good idea, I just have a feeling some noobs will install the wrong one (even if well labeled) and then complain backups don't work, even though it likely wouldn't brick.

Besides if all IOSes are included, you can literally just install any version menu (assuming correct region!) and you're guaranteed a working menu IOS assuming the install went OK.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Well, when my friend ran hackmii installer, it also used IOS12 (like DaMan said). It's the best I can give regarding IOS usage. Newest game I have is Wii Fit Plus (IOS55), but before that, next newest is MarioKart or Brawl, so running those elfs would be pointless (I have like 15 games anyway).

Also, da_letter_a, if you're wanting to leave out IOSes only to make the package smaller, try unpacking the wads then 7-zipping the unpacked content...59MB of IOSes just crushed to 3MB for me! ohmy.gif I unzipped and repacked them, the MD5s matched. If a batch script did the packing and MD5 verifying, CORP could get a "CORPload" smaller and the user wouldn't need to know anything more than unzip and click the "CompileMii.bat".

NOTE: I didn't use CIOSCORP IOSes here, I used a folder of 33 random run-of-the-mill Ninty IOSes + IOS5 (remember that thing?).

EDIT: Punctuation and a spelling error.

This sounds like a very good idea to me. This would indeed make any IOS pack smaller.

QUOTE said:
Such a batch file would be very easy to write (for me at least) but it would make the package platform dependant; you'd have to use Windows. Of course, you should also incorporate some safety mechanism. For example, after extracting and packing the files to a WAD, the CRC32 or MD5 checksum should be checked. It's an easy and safe way that does not take up a lot of space.

The platform dependency issue would be relatively easy to overcome. Many of the wad tools I've seen require cygwin dlls, which would imply that the tools were originally written for Unix like operating systems. If you got ahold of the source code of the stuff, you'd be able to effectively make Linux, Mac, and Windows versions quite easily, you'd just need to compile it for each one. (And for Windows you'd need cygwin, but you could also just copy what you need from the wwpacker set, which includes windows wad tools.)

And, if you don't feel like doing compiling Unix/Linux versions, you could just include wine. Wine does well with simple command line tools, and incorporating it into most bat files would just be a matter of putting wine before each .exe. And the rest of the bat file programs would just require changing things to the appropriate tools for the other OS's. Of course, this would involve compiling wine for each system. So it may be better to compile the original tools.

The scripts would be very easy to distinguish. You could just have the Windows one be "Windows.bat" Linux one be, "linux.sh", etc.

This wouldn't benefit end users much IMO. Newer games are still going to need newer IOS's unless they're made to run on a custom IOS.

In fact, the pack would be smaller if support was dropped for older system menus, so you should be glad that isn't being done.

calisto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here is my list.

Code:
0 RUUP01 --> 38
1 R8BP41 --> 33
2 RWTEG9 --> 33
3 RYWP01 --> 21
4 RN7P78 --> 33
5 RSJP41 --> 53
6 RR4PFK --> 33
7 RBME5G --> 17
8 RVYE52 --> 35
9 RCDP52 --> 9
10 RCCE5G --> 17
11 RWKE5G --> 33
12 R49P01 --> 53
13 RDPP54 --> 33
14 R7GEAF --> 53
15 R43P69 --> 53
16 RF9P69 --> 35
17 R4RP69 --> 55
18 RQKP41 --> 33
19 RGQE70 --> 53
20 RIJP69 --> 53
21 RGTE41 --> 9
22 zxfp00 --> 21
23 SXEP52 --> 56
24 RGHP52 --> 21
25 SXBP52 --> 37
26 SXAP52 --> 37
27 R8HE4Q --> 33
28 R5PP69 --> 21
29 R2AX7D --> 9
30 RIBES5 --> 33
31 RJ8E64 --> 53
32 RJFE5G --> 33
33 ROLE8P --> 55
34 RWSE8P --> 21
35 RM8P01 --> 9
36 RMCE01 --> 36
37 RMAP01 --> 33
38 R38P78 --> 53
39 RM3P01 --> 28
40 RFVP52 --> 33
41 RWOE69 --> 33
42 RSHE69 --> 33
43 RP4E69 --> 35
44 RU4X41 --> 53
45 RO2E7N --> 33
46 RHAP01 --> 9
47 RPDPGN --> 21
48 R7PP01 --> 53
49 RJ2E52 --> 35
50 RY3P41 --> 35
51 R64P01 --> 35
52 RQNEWR --> 53
53 RT5E8P --> 21
54 RDFP41 --> 33
55 RSNP69 --> 21
56 RENP8P --> 55
57 RS9E8P --> 21
58 R2SP18 --> 53
59 RSPE01 --> 9
60 RO7E7D --> 21
61 RMGP01 --> 33
62 R9JP69 --> 56
63 RGMP5D --> 9
64 RHOP8P --> 33
65 R42E69 --> 21
66 RVVP78 --> 35
67 RT8P69 --> 21
68 R9TP69 --> 35
69 R9OE69 --> 55
70 RH8P4F --> 33
71 RYQP69 --> 33
72 RUBP7N --> 21
73 RWLP01 --> 21
74 RODE01 --> 9
75 RUKPGT --> 53
76 RFPE01 --> 53
77 RZTP01 --> 55
78 RR9E78 --> 35

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The platform dependency issue would be relatively easy to overcome. Many of the wad tools I've seen require cygwin dlls, which would imply that the tools were originally written for Unix like operating systems. If you got ahold of the source code of the stuff, you'd be able to effectively make Linux, Mac, and Windows versions quite easily, you'd just need to compile it for each one.

That's good news.

Anyway, I'd be happy to create the Windows version if anyone wants it. No experience with linux, so someone else will need to help there.

EDIT: Some other info on IOS I just thought about: IOS5 (old-old-old cIOS) might still be useful. I know it's not directly CORP related (no game uses this since its a cIOS), but a few disc dumper apps still need this thing, including one I still use ("Wii Disc Dumper"), so maybe consider it. These older apps seem dump-prone if running on 249 rev12+, at least in my experience.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yea, you should add support to IOS16.
smile.gif

---- nvm silence!

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tried running both of the elf files and both of them run just fine and never code dump at all and take me to the end screen but neither of them will generate a txt file on the sd card.I've tried two different sd cards and same results for both.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
techboy said:
QUOTE said:
While this sounds like a good idea, I just have a feeling some noobs will install the wrong one (even if well labeled) and then complain backups don't work, even though it likely wouldn't brick.

Besides if all IOSes are included, you can literally just install any version menu (assuming correct region!) and you're guaranteed a working menu IOS assuming the install went OK.
That's some of the reasons why those system menu IOS are still included.

And I have found that removing IOSes 12, 13, 14, 15, 22, 31, and 34 as they are not used by any wii games that I know of, and the hackmii installer ran fine (ran under IOS34), not to mention making the package smaller.

And the lists you guys posted further showed that the IOS listed in blue in the first post are not used by discs, but I can still use these lists, even though they don't have names. There are some games in the cIOSCORP v3.5 compatibility list that have IDs, but not what IOS they run under. I can use these lists to match the IDs to the IOS they use, and update the list some more!

Thanks!

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
are they sdhc?
it worked for me

maybe it has a limit or something.

Both are non sdhc

one is a 2GB Kingston and the other is a 1GB Toshiba.

Both cards work fine for all the homebrew apps ext ive put on them and never gave any problems whatsoever.

Im agreeing with you that its hit a limit somewhere.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
da_letter_a

i think you should update your uninstaller
or do the IOS's installing need to be nonstubs?
you should take a look at the difference between the IOS's in the update pack i have in my guide and your uninstaller IOS's
the reason i bring this up is because i noticed none of the official IOS's in the uninstaller are stubs.

edit: i also noticed that all the IOS's in the 40's are only for korean wii's right?
so if a ntsc, ntsc-j, or pal wii wanted to uninstall cioscorp, they would be left with these IOS's in their system
wouldnt it make more sense to for the uninstaller to uninstall them rather than install the official ones if the user wanted to rid of cioscorp?

also
i read in the 3.5 thread that medieval games works fine it was probably a bad dump the tester had

you should update that as well!

resistor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Shop channel uses latest ios61, so better dont touch it if you want to update it. hbc uses it too and if you modify it its shown upside down, so it´s pointless to corp it.

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
resistor said:
Shop channel uses latest ios61, so better dont touch it if you want to update it. hbc uses it too and if you modify it its shown upside down, so it´s pointless to corp it.
it was never "corped" in the 1st place.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
you should take a look at the difference between the IOS's in the update pack i have in my guide and your uninstaller IOS's
the reason i bring this up is because i noticed none of the official IOS's in the uninstaller are stubs.
I know for sure that if I ever had to use the uninstaller (not that I ever will, no CORP since 1.0 days, USB Loader
smile.gif
), i wouldn't want any stubs. IMO, an older functional IOS is better than a newer useless one.

EDIT2: Removed previous edit...

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
techboy said:
QUOTE said:
I know for sure that if I ever had to use the uninstaller (not that I ever will, no CORP since 1.0 days, USB Loader
smile.gif
), i wouldn't want any stubs. IMO, an older functional IOS is better than a newer useless one.
yea but its stubbed for the reason that it wont get used by any games or any apps anymore.
no reason to have the functional version of the IOS, just taking up space on the NAND.
& same here, USB loaders fo life!

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I suppose there are SOME IOSes that could be stubbed (old shop IOS and such). Not much good when the software they were used for won't run anymore or nags for updates.

I was mostly thinking about stubs for menu IOSes at the time, making the uninstaller = Brickware if you aren't on 4.2. I'll assume you didn't mean stubbing menu IOS. Still use 4.0 by the way, with HBC 1.0.1 and bootmii/boot2 0.2...don't fix what's not broken.

Also, just found out: IOS13 is/was used by Shop v3, Weather v3 (System Region), and News v3 (System Region). IOS15 is used by Shop v4 & v5.

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
xzxero said:
da_letter_a

i think you should update your uninstaller
or do the IOS's installing need to be nonstubs?

edit: i also noticed that all the IOS's in the 40's are only for korean wii's right?
so if a ntsc, ntsc-j, or pal wii wanted to uninstall cioscorp, they would be left with these IOS's in their system
wouldnt it make more sense to for the uninstaller to uninstall them rather than install the official ones if the user wanted to rid of cioscorp?

also
i read in the 3.5 thread that medieval games works fine it was probably a bad dump the tester had

you should update that as well!
We didn't want to add any stubs, as that would make it dangerous for systems with older System Menus.
About the Korean IOS, I didn't remove them as we are trying to make it a noob friendly as possible.
I don't really want to tell noobs to delete IOS using AnyTitle Deleter. They might stuff something up.

I'm not much of a coder, so if anybody wants to code an installer and uninstaller which can detect whether or not the user's wii is Korean, and perform certain action accordingly (such as "If Korean Wii, install unmodified IOS, else delete them"), that would be greatly appreciated.

QUOTE(techboy @ Nov 4 2009, 04:23 AM) Yeah, I suppose there are SOME IOSes that could be stubbed (old shop IOS and such). Not much good when the software they were used for won't run anymore or nags for updates.

I was mostly thinking about stubs for menu IOSes at the time, making the uninstaller = Brickware if you aren't on 4.2. I'll assume you didn't mean stubbing menu IOS. Still use 4.0 by the way, with HBC 1.0.1 and bootmii/boot2 0.2...don't fix what's not broken.

Also, just found out: IOS13 is/was used by Shop v3, Weather v3 (System Region), and News v3 (System Region). IOS15 is used by Shop v4 & v5.
Thanks techboy. So these IOS are not used by discs, right? Well, I'll remove them from the next version of cIOSCORP v3.x.

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You mean like a separate installer for each System Menu?
Or one program that can determine what to do depending on which System Menu is installed?

We wanted to avoid option 1, so that noobs don't get confused about which one to use (some of my friends didn't even know what System menu version they had installed until I showed them), and to prevent the need for many variations.

I personally like having those older IOS installed, so that I can downgrade to any version I want, at any given time.

However, if option 2 could be done, that would be nice...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: How is everyone?