Gaming Which games SHOULD be made on DS?

cowabungabruce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really easy:

1. Some sort of diablo clone. How amazing would it be to touch screen enemies with the map at the top screen? With WIFI multiplayer? Ok, i'm gonna change my pants now.

That's about all I need.

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Smash Bros.

Kid Icarus DS

The 3 original NES Ninja Gaiden games with updated 2d graphics. (or even better a new sidescrolling Ninja Gaiden)

An Alex Kidd game along the lines of Alex Kidd in Miracle World (all the other Alex Kidd games sucked.)

A sequel to Astro Boy: Omega Factor

Gunstar Heroes DS

Starcraft DS

Zelda Four Swords DS

Katamri Damacy

Crystalis DS

A new sidescrolling Contra game (Oh yeah it's coming out soon!)

A port of the ET game for Atari.

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is really easy:

1. Some sort of diablo clone. How amazing would it be to touch screen enemies with the map at the top screen? With WIFI multiplayer? Ok, i'm gonna change my pants now.

That's about all I need.
I do very much agree, but I'm stunned that we haven't seen any of these games yet. I guess dungeon explorer will be the first. That one is out soon, right?

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
donkey kong country 4
diablo 3
maybe some new gex game.
tongue.gif

cowabungabruce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really easy:

That's about all I need.

I do very much agree, but I'm stunned that we haven't seen any of these games yet. I guess dungeon explorer will be the first. That one is out soon, right?

Dungeon Explorer is a Feb 2008 release for Europe. That's a long time. I'm hoping that some homebrew developer realizes the ds potential for this type of genre and feels the need to start making one now. I'd be ecstatic for a 2d simplistic hack and slash game. The only things I really care about are:

Random Level Generation
Randomly generated swag and enemies
Skill trees or just even different paths you can develop as
Touch screen interface
Some Rogue-ish character with a ranged weapon

That's all I really want. Anything else would be icing.

Some ideas would be quests for townsfolk that offer rewards, Wifi cooperative play(but that might be difficult to make), some nice pixelated spell animation, and a choice of starting classes.

I can picture it now; pretty much controls like Phantom Hourglass with regard to movement and attacking. Hold L/R for your secondary attack like spells or throwing or something. Top screen is your map and vital statistics. Then all you really need is to push a direction or ABXY to bring up a touch based item menu that uses the diablo like grid system. Man, I gotta stop psyching myself up for nothing.

If I wasn't in Uni right now, I'd take the time to try and learn a gaming programing language. I'm pretty good at MATLAB algorithms and such but that won't give me a portable diablo. If any aspiring developers are reading this and are interested, I'll do as much as I can to help with anything but the programming.

On a completely different note, whats the best way to experience Civilization or a clone on the ds? Right now I'm using Civ for snes and Snemulds 0.6a and while it satisfies my urge, It just doesn't feel like a natural experience and seems real convoluted.

And on a TOTALLY different topic, for any of you that has play Dwarf Fortress for the pc, the next update should be released any day now. (Hasn't been updated since Jan). If you haven't heard of Dwarf Fortress, DON'T google it. Your life will be sucked away. It's not even a game man, it's an experience.

Toufas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
most of the snes games
tongue.gif

if they make an edit of chrono, they better include the original untouched....
same goes for metroid and ff and mario rpg
tongue.gif

Remy669

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
-Chrono Trigger
-Super Mario RPG

Those 2 just have to be released on the DS. And then in the graphics of Final Fantasy 3 on the DS.

HyoImowano

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why does everyone want Ocarina on every system? That game has already gotten 4 releases, plus Master Quest, we really DON'T need another one. We also don't need another RPG.

I agree with everyone who has said either Street Fighter or Capcom vs. SNK, preferably the latter. Alpha 3 came out for GBA, we FINALLY have six buttons on a handheld, and where is Ryu? Off dilly dallying in some card battle crap :'(

maurerdj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Culdcept Saga
2. Culdcept Saga
3. Culdcept Saga
4. Did a I mention, I would love to see a port portable version of culdcept?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ooowwww a new way for me to beat NFS 510 :D @SylverReZ
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Yeah, believe you can do PSP games as well. But a Pi5 is much powerful in comparison.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure about other models of Pi4 but the Pi 4 B with 8GBs OCed to 2Ghz handles PSP really great except like 1 game I found and it is playable it just looks bad lol Motor Storm Arctic something or other.
    Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope 1X and no enhancements lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Waiting for Anbernic's rg[whatever]SP price announcement, gimme.
    +1
    I will admit that one does seem more interesting than the usual Ambernic ones, and I already liked those.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo