Hacking Which Flash Cart Should I Get?

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With a 2DS which flashcart to get to play 3DS Roms ? Not sure which firmware is currently on the 2DS will know in a cpl of days.

You can't play 3DS roms on a 2DS. All 2DS come with firmware too high for any currently known 3DS flashcart..

AfoInvnt

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey mates, I have a question:

I have a 3DSXL completly actualized (and i will keep actualizing) so i have to know which flashcard works better to load DS games, also which is better at price and service.

Thx

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Doh! So, if I do go with any flashcart, probably go with what a R4 Gold, R4 Gold 3DS Wood or a DStwo then ?
Yeah those are the main choices.

I have a 3DSXL completly actualized (and i will keep actualizing) so i have to know which flashcard works better to load DS games, also which is better at price and service.

Thx
Well for updatability, the DSTwo is the best. It hasn't stopped working and it doesn't appear that it'll stop working.

For cheap ones, the R4i Gold series is the go-to for cheap flash carts, but it has a possibility of not working after an update, requiring a replacement.

kikkoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been in the scene for a long time. I have an old phat DS with an broken acekard and I just wanna play some old DS games. What could I buy now that would provide the most features (like in game guides and stuff) and compatibility?

tbgtbg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been in the scene for a long time. I have an old phat DS with an broken acekard and I just wanna play some old DS games. What could I buy now that would provide the most features (like in game guides and stuff) and compatibility?

DSTWO, if you want features. Anything else if you want cheap.

Fatefinger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If all you want is playing nds games or homebrew, then you can choose wood r4i gold,this is the best r4 card as well as most famous flash kit in the market,uses famous wood firmware,with a regular updating and 100% game compatibility and the price is hard to beat at the same time.
If all you want is playing GBA/SNES games,then dstwo is your best choice, it comes with gba/snes emulator, and it was also the best slot_1 card, if you are in the market for card that with powerful features,then dstwo is right for you.
so in my eyes you should get a r4i gold 3ds like me, if you need, i can recommend you where i got my cards, working perfect!~

Fatefinger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thx

if you want to play ds games, then r4i gold 3ds is perfect for you and it's price is hard to beat at the same time.

DarkenSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would like to point out that the R4i cards over a r4i-sdhc.com work fine (R4i 3ds RTS/wifi) some games have hicups but i have only had 5 total games that dont work right (might be bad dumps) but all others seem to work just fine even on latest/current 3DS firmware (latest/current of this post) these also are legit r4i carts with serials on the back for fake proofing.

oceanic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Hello

Which flash card will play ocarina of time and link between worlds on a European Nintendo 3DS XL console?

thanks

Zachary Becker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

Which flash card will play ocarina of time and link between worlds on a European Nintendo 3DS XL console?

thanks

No current flash card can play 3ds roms. And OOT3D and ALBW are both 3ds games so no.

My advice is if you want to play just ds games and some homebrew get an r4i gold, and if you want everything a flashcard can do (besides play 3ds roms) get dstwo. I personally prefer dstwo so i can play my gba and snes roms. Your choice!

tbgtbg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No current flash card can play 3ds roms. And OOT3D and ALBW are both 3ds games so no.

My advice is if you want to play just ds games and some homebrew get an r4i gold, and if you want everything a flashcard can do (besides play 3ds roms) get dstwo. I personally prefer dstwo so i can play my gba and snes roms. Your choice!

What? Have you been in a coma? There are absolutely 3DS rom playing cards now, so long as your system firmware is 4.something or below. Most famous (or infamous depending on your POV) is Gateway, but there are others too.

oceanic, I haven't used any 3DS cards yet, so I don't have an opinion of which you should get, but probably better to look around the 3DS section of the board rather than ask here in the DS section. Good luck to you.

Rocc0

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
For cheap ones, the R4i Gold series is the go-to for cheap flash carts, but it has a possibility of not working after an update, requiring a replacement.

Hey,
I own R4i Gold 3DS RTS flashcart and I'm curious: how many times has this happened to 3DS compatible R4 flashcarts?

Edit: So reading through the thread apparently one R4i Gold stopped working at 3DS OS firmware 4.4. How long has the R4 model I own been working? How long is it likely to work, or is this something that can't be known for certain?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun